Guys who quietly had a great 2012 in UFC

Pyle, he has been considered a beast for years in the training room but now he is starting to show it to the rest of the world. Looking forward to his future fights

Gomi was on the verge of getting cut and now he's 2-0. Nothing mindblowing, but makes a fan like me very happy.

Raphael Assuncao also had a pretty good year. Derailed the highly touted Easton with a broken arm.

Pyle has become REALLY good at keeping his composure even when hit with good strikes and to grab the thai clinch while his opponents land strikes. They think they are on to something with them punches and BANG before they realise shit their faces are pushed downward to meet Mr. knee.

It was great to see him do that vs Head, Head totally fell in the trap Pyle laid. QUICKSAND INDEED.

WAR PYLE

Yup, worst thing you can do is hurt Mike Pyle LOL

Neer had him hurt and covering against the fence and then boom, Neer's out cold.

Head had him hurt and against the fence and then boom, Head eats a knee to the face.
Was really happy when he KOd Head, that guy is a legit...I won't fighter bash, but he's not a very nice person.

Also, Pyle's a funny mother

Rafael Dos Anjos had a great year & is quickly becoming the dark horse of the LW division

This.

It may not be great but Darren Elkins has had a quiet UFC career - he's on a 4 fight win streak.

Good answers in here.

Dan Hardy turned around things in 2012 with a decision of Amir Sadollah and a KO over Bang.

Rafael Dos Anjos went 3-0 and has looked improved and solid.

Cub Swanson has been on a rip after some disappointing years. KTFO of Roop, Pearson, and Do Bronx. Always exciting. Can't wait for his next fight with Siver: That should bring down the house.

Speaking of which.. Dennis Siver has made himself a force in the 145 division. Looked dominating against Nunes and Phan.

Costa Philippou also emerged, going 3-0, beating Court McGee, Fukuda, and beating down Tim Boetsch.

I was thinking about this yesterday.

Jamie Varner actually had a hell of a year, all things considered. He came into the UFC as a WEC afterthought, albiet a former champ. When other top WEC guys were making a name for themselves (Bendo, Pettis, Cerrone), Varner was out on the lower circuit getting smaller fights- even losing one of them. People clearly wrote him off.

So when the UFC decided to bring him in they immediately put him, as a "name" fighter, in front of the up and coming Edson Barboza as a stepping stone and hype builder for Edson. Jamie only stepped in and delivered one of the biggest upsets of the year and knocking Barboza out.

Then he puts on a sick fight against Lauzon. A fight in which he was arguably on his way to winning before he made a big mistake. Then he tops it off by essentially burying the Melvin Guillard hype train for good (took long enough) Another pretty impressive win in a fight that I believe he was an underdog in.

nick diaz... got a title shot after going 0-1 in 2012

Speaking of which.. Dennis Siver has made himself a force in the 145 division. Looked dominating against Nunes and Phan.

Siver looks great. he was a very good LW, and everyone (including his corner) was surprised he went the whole 15 minutes at the speed he did at FW. and although it would be easy to say "he lost power at 145", faksake Phan ate some shots!!!

who does he fight while waiting for Aldo i wonder? or does he???

Siver looks great. he was a very good LW, and everyone (including his corner) was surprised he went the whole 15 minutes at the speed he did at FW. and although it would be easy to say "he lost power at 145", faksake Phan ate some shots!!!

who does he fight while waiting for Aldo i wonder? or does he???

If Siver beats Cub Swanson..

..have him fight either the winner of Clay Guida vs Hioki, or the winner of Lamas vs Koch. That should earn him the title shot.

Either way, I think KZ should get the next shot at the crown after Aldo's superfight with Frankie.

Aldo better not be going anywhere and stay healthy, because there is an absolute slew of challengers at 145 right now. This division has the most depth right now in the UFC, IMO.

Did any notice Mike Pyle going 3-0, all KO's, against Funch, Neer, and Head?

I'm sure most people noticed Matt Brown going 4-0, turning his career around, including his recent KO win over Mike Swick?

Pyle went 3-0 eh? I didn't even know.

I knew Brown had a big year though

Back