Guys who quietly had a great 2012 in UFC

Haha pyles mullet is so awesome. Also I read somewhere that he's supposed to face hardy at ufc 159? That's kind of a step back IMO, hope its just a rumor.

swanson had a big year...but the obvious choice is matt brown imo

Matt Brown, Cub Swanson (not sooo quietly), TJ Dillashaw.

Haha pyles mullet is so awesome. Also I read somewhere that he's supposed to face hardy at ufc 159? That's kind of a step back IMO, hope its just a rumor.

Hardy just beat Sodallah, who is a better win than anyone that Pyle starched. The fight actually makes decent sense. They're probably about level in the heap right now.

^that is true I honestly forgot about that, plus I just googled that for a source and I can't find it. I have no idea where I saw that now lol.

Gomi definitely comes to mind. He won 2 fights, and more importantly looked like he was interested in improving himself. No huge wins though.

Props to Pyle, I met him in Wal-Mart once and he was very friendly. After three finishes I would love to see him fight Alves.

He flew under the radar for sure.

Also, I'd hardly say he was having a great year. Two controversially close decisions made his first 11 months rough. He ended it with a bang, but it doesn't change the fact that he barely took the belt from Frankie. He is going to have a very difficult road in 2013 with a lot of contenders climbing out of the woodwork.

Mike Brown is my top pick.

Mike-Brown1.jpg

Agree with most so far except Bendo, hardly quiet. Totally forgot about Costa. He's went from a TUF reject in most peoples' eyes who didn't deserve a shot in the UFC to arguably a top 5 MW.

have to go with Cub
wins over roop, pearson, olivera where he was the underdog in the majority of his fights

Also, I'd hardly say he was having a great year. Two controversially close decisions made his first 11 months rough. He ended it with a bang, but it doesn't change the fact that he barely took the belt from Frankie. He is going to have a very difficult road in 2013 with a lot of contenders climbing out of the woodwork.

I was giving the guy a hard time.. Bendo was the LW champ and was voted 2012 fighter of the year by UFC, ESPN, Sherdog, Inside MMA, MMA weekly, etc. He wasn't quite or under the radar at all.

I must admit, I was never the biggest Pyle fan but I knew he was a tough test for upcoming fighters, for a moment it looked as if he could have laid some damage on rory. I was impressed by his ko of Funch, then he ko'd Neer which shocked me and then I was delighted he ko'd James Head. I'm not fond of James Head since he shoved Papy Abedi over, seemed like a bit of a dickhead

Lauzon had an amazing year. SOTN and FOTN with Varner, FOTN and posibnly FOTY with Miller and choked out Guillard

i'll go with that, very impressive, and all were entertaining fights

Matt the immortal Brown, I didn't even think he would beat Swick, but he surprised a lot of people.

I think it's been pretty nailed down, but Pyle for going 3-0 at 37, Swanson for going 3-0 reviving his career, and Brown for going 4-0 and looking more improved than ever

Michael Johnson did really well this year, unfortunately ending a three fight streak with his decision loss to Miles Jury.

He dominated Tony Ferguson who most thought would smash him, beat Shane Roller and was the first person to KO Danny Castillo (sick knockout btw)

Back