Guys who quietly had a great 2012 in UFC

tgray7

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Did any notice Mike Pyle going 3-0, all KO's, against Funch, Neer, and Head?

I'm sure most people noticed Matt Brown going 4-0, turning his career around, including his recent KO win over Mike Swick?

Good for Pyle did not know that , but yeah Brown was my choice

Swanson had a good year. I still don't think he's as amazing as some are giving him credit for though.

Lauzon had an amazing year. SOTN and FOTN with Varner, FOTN and posibnly FOTY with Miller and choked out Guillard

Cung Le isn't quite as under the radar as some other guys, but he had a good year with wins over Cote and Franklin.

Chris Camozzi went from almost being released by the company to pulling off 3 straight wins with a few finishes in the mix.

Cub Swanson had a pretty good year.

not sure going 2-1 during 2012 counts, but i'll throw in dustin poirier's name. sandwiched around his FOTY w/ korean zombie, he defeated max holloway and jonathon brookins- both via 1st rd sub.

Rafael Dos Anjos had a great year & is quickly becoming the dark horse of the LW division

Don't know why but I started to think about Werdum. It feels like he's a serious threat at the HW with much improved stand up. He literally tooled Russow and Nelson.

Struve had a good year, 3 fights/3 finishes. Miocic, Johnson, and Herman.

He only went 2-0 but Raphael Assuncao went from being just another guy to possible title contender IMO

Marcus Brimage - 2-0 in 2012 with wins over touted prospects in Maximo Blanco and Jimy Hettes

Did any notice Mike Pyle going 3-0, all KO's, against Funch, Neer, and Head?

I'm sure most people noticed Matt Brown going 4-0, turning his career around, including his recent KO win over Mike Swick?

Yeah someone posted a best KOs of 2012 video a couple of days ago and Pyle had some nice KOs. I always thought he was more of a submission guy but he put the beatdown on some guys.

He did have a super lame post fight interview quote though where someone asked him what happened and he said "he just go caught in the quicksand"

Yeah someone posted a best KOs of 2012 video a couple of days ago and Pyle had some nice KOs. I always thought he was more of a submission guy but he put the beatdown on some guys.

He did have a super lame post fight interview quote though where someone asked him what happened and he said "he just go caught in the quicksand"

Pyle has become REALLY good at keeping his composure even when hit with good strikes and to grab the thai clinch while his opponents land strikes. They think they are on to something with them punches and BANG before they realise shit their faces are pushed downward to meet Mr. knee.

It was great to see him do that vs Head, Head totally fell in the trap Pyle laid. QUICKSAND INDEED.

WAR PYLE

Back