Crime Guy RNCed on NY subway dies.

Except that you and numerous others have said that his prior arrests means we shouldn't really care that he was killed, so she's correct.
Prior arrests = a social status "too low" to care about?
That's funny because I used to work with convicts right out of prison <seedat>

I referenced him pushing someone on the train tracks.

Prior arrests = a social status "too low" to care about?
That's funny because I used to work with convicts right out of prison <seedat>

I referenced him pushing someone on the train tracks.

Yes, social status doesn't just mean level of wealth. It also means things like criminal history as well. Nothing about what she said is incorrect.

I wonder if any politician will mention his prior criminal history. I wonder how many dems will actually defend this marine.
I think the marine can defend himself. As long as he attacks you from behind.

There's middle ground between condemnation and "not caring".

The conservatives who posted in this thread have clearly indicated that his criminal history means we shouldn't care that he was a victim of basically 2nd degree murder. Some of the more dishonest ones (who recently had their posts deleted by mods for false accusations) even praised the individual who committed the 2nd degree murder as being "a hero that deserves a medal" and a "good Samaritan"

So yes, Neely's low social status (which includes his criminal history) has been used to justify indifference towards a 2nd degree murder being committed.

The conservatives who posted in this thread have clearly indicated that his criminal history means we shouldn't care that he was a victim of basically 2nd degree murder. Some of the more dishonest ones (who recently had their posts deleted by mods for false accusations) even praised the individual who committed the 2nd degree murder as being "a hero that deserves a medal" and a "good Samaritan"

So yes, Neely's low social status (which includes his criminal history) has been used to justify indifference towards a 2nd degree murder being committed.
I think it’s possible to condemn them both for committing crimes. One actually killed someone.

I think it’s possible to condemn them both for committing crimes. One actually killed someone.

Sure. I never praised Neely for anything. My point has been consistent throughout. No amount of prior convictions whether for serious or minor offences is justification for vigilante murder.

Something only one side of the political spectrum seems to have a hard time with.

44 priors.. a hill to die on
459.gif

Sure. I never praised Neely for anything. My point has been consistent throughout. No amount of prior convictions whether for serious or minor offences is justification for vigilante murder.

Something only one side of the political spectrum seems to have a hard time with.
I’ve been agreeing with you and it’s odd that you are being attacked for saying it’s wrong that this person was killed by another man, who they now think is heroic, regardless of what he did previously.

This isn't some contest where there's no gray area.

The guy had a history of violent attacks, including trying to push someone onto the subway tracks. That's attempted murder, as that very likely results in the person's death.

The guy who choked him out almost surely wasn't trying to kill him. So your "2nd degree murder" is silly hyperbole. The guy wanted to stop him from trying to hurt anyone else but obviously had no clue what he was doing with the choke. Thought he'd seen a few UFC fights and could just grab an RNC as long as he wanted. Horrible outcome but no intent to kill the guy.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't care about the death or that the other guy has zero blame.

The guy had a history of violent attacks, including trying to push someone onto the subway tracks. That's attempted murder, as that very likely results in the person's death.

The guy who choked him out almost surely wasn't trying to kill him. So your "2nd degree murder" is silly hyperbole. The guy wanted to stop him from trying to hurt anyone else but obviously had no clue what he was doing with the choke. Thought he'd seen a few UFC fights and could just grab an RNC as long as he wanted. Horrible outcome but no intent to kill the guy.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't care about the death or that the other guy has zero blame.

2nd degree murder LITERALLY means that you weren't trying to kill the person. Thats why its 2ND DEGREE and not 1ST

Martial arts and weapons are for protecting yourself and your family, and stopping an immediate, egregious and obvious / obviously unjust crime against wholly innocent people if you are feeling great about your odds to help in a clean fashion, and when it comes to protecting yourself, it is about breaking contact and getting away.

You try to act like a cop, and then you get cop problems. Mother fucker trying to arrest people with an RNC. Play stupid games...

I wonder if any politician will mention his prior criminal history. I wonder how many dems will actually defend this marine.

I don't think it would be a good thing to defend a guy who choked someone to death on a train for yelling, would it? Do you support such behavior?

great post. this thread serves as a great example of just how fucked up in the head many are morally.

Back