(Gustafsson's Coach)Andreas Michael: Alex(dead serious face) is going to crush Jones.

What makes you think from the first fight he'll finish Gustafsson? the elbow his best shot standing, didn't drop at ALL, plus he has a granite chin. Subbing him? He needs to get a takedown first, which he won't at all in the rematch and even if he did, he'd get up as soon as he gets taken down as he showed in 5th round. So I ask out ? How will Jones finish Gus in the rematch?

If Jones gets him on teh ground I think it's a very strong possibility. Gus has an amazing chin. But he was staggered from that elbow. You can see it's effects throughout round 5. Gus himself admitted as much, saying he "saw stars" and that it sapped his energy for the rest of the fight. Meanwhile, Jones was never even staggered despite taking shots 5 for five rounds.

Jones won a completely standing fight using elbows and kicks only against Alex who's primarily a striker. Jones won with his Plan C.

Do you seriously believe what you just wrote? :icon_lol:

Alex wasn't the one with blood coming out of his ears, nose and mouth. Alex wasn't the one getting carried out of the octagon. Alex wasn't the one vomitting and shaking uncontrollably. Alex wasn't the one getting hooked up to artificial fucking life support. :icon_chee That was all Jones.

Alex was a little bit too hesitant in the fight, he'll change that up next time. One hundred percent. He'll smash Jones. He's improving at a tremendous speed, it's INSANE. There's just no way around that.

I don't know anything about him, who exactly is Gustafsson's coach? What are his credentials?

If Jones gets him on teh ground I think it's a very strong possibility. Gus has an amazing chin. But he was staggered from that elbow. You can see it's effects throughout round 5. Gus himself admitted as much, saying he "saw stars" and that it sapped his energy for the rest of the fight. Meanwhile, Jones was never even staggered despite taking shots 5 for five rounds.

Well he felt them afterwards bleeding out of his eyes,ears,nose,mouth,vomiting and shaking, especially shaking and Gus wasn't even putting much power behind them. He then on went to win the stand up in the 5th round.

I don't know anything about him, who exactly is Gustafsson's coach? What are his credentials?

Olympic boxing trainer I believe.

Also; coaching Gustafsson to arguably winning against the p4p #1 fighter in the world while being a 10-1 underdog. Pretty much all you need to know.

What makes you think from the first fight he'll finish Gustafsson? the elbow his best shot standing, didn't drop at ALL, plus he has a granite chin. Subbing him? He needs to get a takedown first, which he won't at all in the rematch and even if he did, he'd get up as soon as he gets taken down as he showed in 5th round. So I ask out ? How will Jones finish Gus in the rematch?

This.

Also, people seem to forget this was his first 5 round fight. In the rematch he'll pace himself better and assert his striking dominance even more now that he knows Jones is not really a threat with his takedowns. I see Alex dominating either to an impressive UD or a finish in the championship rounds.

This.

Also, people seem to forget this was his first 5 round fight. In the rematch he'll pace himself better and assert his striking dominance even more now that he knows Jones is not really a threat with his takedowns. I see Alex dominating either to an impressive UD or a finish in the championship rounds.

Exactly this.

Do you seriously believe what you just wrote? :icon_lol:

Alex wasn't the one with blood coming out of his ears, nose and mouth. Alex wasn't the one getting carried out of the octagon. Alex wasn't the one vomitting and shaking uncontrollably. Alex wasn't the one getting hooked up to artificial fucking life support. :icon_chee That was all Jones.

Alex was a little bit too hesitant in the fight, he'll change that up next time. One hundred percent. He'll smash Jones. He's improving at a tremendous speed, it's INSANE. There's just no way around that.

Well, I don't need to believe it. It's fact, it actually happened.

Well he felt them afterwards bleeding out of his eyes,ears,nose,mouth,vomiting and shaking, especially shaking and Gus wasn't even putting much power behind them. He then on went to win the stand up in the 5th round.

And how does that actually matter to the results of the fight?

"I went to the bars, he went to the hospital" - BJ Penn after facing GSP

I suppose you think BJ beat GSP? Condit beat GSP?

Look, Gus is a viking badass. He surprised pretty much everybody in that fight. But he lost a standing fight to wrestler. Again, Jones beat him with his back up plan. That does not bode well for him in the next match.

Look, Gus is a viking badass. He surprised pretty much everybody in that fight. But he lost a standing fight to wrestler. Again, Jones beat him with his back up plan. That does not bode well for him in the next match.

This has to be the biggest pile of shit i've read in a long while.

Well, I don't need to believe it. It's fact, it actually happened.

And how does that actually matter to the results of the fight?

"I went to the bars, he went to the hospital" - BJ Penn after facing GSP

I suppose you think BJ beat GSP? Condit beat GSP?

Just for the little detail that Jones did not outstrike Gus at all.

What you don't realize is his 'main plan' won't work next time either. Gus' TDD and movement is just too good for him. He'll have a massive mental edge in the next fight, knowing he can stop those easily and just light him up on the feet whenever he feels like it. Next time he faces Jones, Jones will crumble and when he does that, Gus will actually capitalize on it, unlike what he did in their first fight.

No matter how many times they fight it will be close if they keep improving. Unless they perfect a technique no one will dominate just large combos. Both have solid chins and don't back down so the fight is always exciting from a fan's perspective.

I don't get why people keep saying Gus had his chance and blew it and that Jones for sure will win the 2nd fight. Fight was amazing. They're both awesome fighters with tons of time for improvement. Jones couldn't get Gus down and keep him there not even ONCE. Jones landing that elbow in the 4th won him that fight. Gus busted up Jones face. Neither were hurt going into this fight right? Both had a full camp and trained hard.

So why do people keep counting Gus out in the 2nd fight?

No matter how many times they fight it will be close if they keep improving. Unless they perfect a technique no one will dominate just large combos. Both have solid chins and don't back down so the fight is always exciting from a fan's perspective.

I strongly disagree because of two things, and I think you would agree with me.

1. Gustafsson has a faster reaction time-therefore he'll always have an advantage standing up striking and what-not. No matter how many times they fight.

2. Gustafsson learns at a quicker rate than Jones because he's just plainly more naturally talented(Faster hands,reaction time,better chin and strength). And that's not to discredit Jones at all as he is supremely like fucking amazing at what he does.I think he'd demolish Texiera easily, and everyone else but Gustafsson.

Account bet?

Yeah, I'm definitely going to bet my account that I plan on paying $30 bucks to get plats again with a guy that I've never even seen on here before. Great idea!

I think Gus will win the rematch. To me, he's just a bad style match up for Jones and next fight he will go in with the confidence and experience he needs

So "Inexperienced" Alex was fighting "70%" Jones?

"100%" Jones vs "Experienced" Alex should be historical.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to bet my account that I plan on paying $30 bucks to get plats again with a guy that I've never even seen on here before. Great idea!

Do you know what a special someone from the 209 area would call you right now?

I think you do. If not; starts with a B and ends with an itch.

I think Gus will have a easier time if they do fight again. I think Gus was holding back a bit and reluctant to really go for it at times. I think Gus will be more confident the next time.

I will take Gus by TKO or dec.

Do you know what a special someone from the 209 area would call you right now?

I think you do. If not; starts with a B and ends with an itch.

LOL.
I think that a real 209 would be dying out of laughs after getting challenged for an account bet from an internet tough boy.

Back