(Gustafsson's Coach)Andreas Michael: Alex(dead serious face) is going to crush Jones.

Gus' training adjustments for next fight: Practice blocking the head kick and spinning elbows (the only effective strikes Jones had for him)

Jones' Training adjustments for next fight: Increase hand speed, better head movement, practice distance with a fighter who isnt giving up 1 foot of reach, learn how to block advanced boxing combinations coming from all angles, increase footwork so he can keep up with Gus' quick movement, learn real boxing combinations so he doesnt have to rely on the same flashy moves, learn better timing with takedowns.

I wouldn't be surprised at all of Gus crushes Jones in the next fight.

Gus' training adjustments for next fight: Practice blocking the head kick and spinning elbows (the only effective strikes Jones had for him)

Jones' Training adjustments for next fight: Increase hand speed, better head movement, practice distance with a fighter who isnt giving up 1 foot of reach, learn how to block advanced boxing combinations coming from all angles, increase footwork so he can keep up with Gus' quick movement, learn real boxing combinations so he doesnt have to rely on the same flashy moves, learn better timing with takedowns.

I wouldn't be surprised at all of Gus crushes Jones in the next fight.

Agree with everything here. Clearly, Jones will be the one that will have to correct a lot more than Gustafsson. Jones said it himself in the post-fight interview with Rogan. Then Rogan was like "That's a very honest assessment, champ". :icon_lol:

That said, I'd love to see Jones in those public safety "Buckle Up" commercials with this picture...

jones-gus

Only, for Jones, he didn't get buckled up until after the fact (the wreck had already happened). That belt around Jones that you see is the only belt he'll have on him (again) next time. :icon_lol:

Boom!
h9510711B

Gus needs to just work on his cardio and maybe sit down on his punches a bit more and I think he'll definitely beat Jones.

I'm still shocked at how well Gus defended those takedowns.

I don't know about 'crushing' but if Gus comes prepared to block those half-assed, point-scraping kicks, Jones loses by a good margin.

People are quick to underestimate Jones after this fight I see. I thought the first fight between these two was a toss up. I could have saw the decision going either way. Personally, I thought the fight should have been scored a Draw.

A lot of the comments I see lately about Gus having too good of movement for Jones, easily being able to stuff his takedowns, easily outstriking him in a rematch, etc are pretty foolish and narrow sighted IMO. We saw some of that in the first fight. A fight where Gus was a monumental underdog who was supposed to get completely steamrolled by Jones. In no way does that mean we'll see the same in a rematch.

Some might say that knowing that isn't the case going into the next fight gives Gus the advantage, for the reasons named above (TDD, striking, etc). I think it's the opposite. Personally, I think the results of the first fight give Jones the advantage going into the second fight. Both Jones and his camp now have an entirely new perspective on Gus, which IMO will only result in Jones being much more sharp for a rematch.

How did everything go right? Literally one spinning backfist won Jones the fight. I would say it went wrong for him.

thats all jon did, gus totally dominated whole fight. In reality gus won every round 10-7 at least

Well, I don't need to believe it. It's fact, it actually happened.

And how does that actually matter to the results of the fight?

"I went to the bars, he went to the hospital" - BJ Penn after facing GSP

I suppose you think BJ beat GSP? Condit beat GSP?

Look, Gus is a viking badass. He surprised pretty much everybody in that fight. But he lost a standing fight to wrestler. Again, Jones beat him with his back up plan. That does not bode well for him in the next match.
Yeah he smacked gus down just like machida did to shogun in the first fight :rolleyes:

Jon Jones does not have enough time to overtake/match Gus technically with striking

He will refine his wrestling and bet the house on taking Gus down and keeping him there. That much was evident when he lamented he trained boxing too much prior to the first fight. Because he now knows he can train it non-stop and it won't be enough to match Gus.

Obviously the JJ camp is hoping to get enough time to refocus on wrestling and show a completely different fight the 2nd time around. If they do anything else Gus becomes the new champ in very convincing fashion. The guy that listed adjustments needed for Gus vs adjustments needed for Jones on the feet pretty much summed it up. Without changing the wrestling story in the 2nd fight Jones is in big trouble.

Back