(Gustafsson's Coach)Andreas Michael: Alex(dead serious face) is going to crush Jones.

Jones is not a boxer and Gus is. It's rather elementary he would have problems and get knocked about. I'm glad Jones got tested and Gus certainly did push him hard. What I find sickening is people somehow think they are praising Gus by bashing Jones. If Jones is so terrible a fighter why didn't Gus just flat out knock him out and take the belt? Or could it just be that Jones ALSO shocked the hell out of everyone by digging deep when his back was against the wall and refusing to quit? You don't have to make Jones some boogie man to appreciate Gus as a fighter. The mentality is quite pathetic, frankly.

Jones is not a boxer and Gus is. It's rather elementary he would have problems and get knocked about. I'm glad Jones got tested and Gus certainly did push him hard. What I find sickening is people somehow think they are praising Gus by bashing Jones. If Jones is so terrible a fighter why didn't Gus just flat out knock him out and take the belt? Or could it just be that Jones ALSO shocked the hell out of everyone by digging deep when his back was against the wall and refusing to quit? You don't have to make Jones some boogie man to appreciate Gus as a fighter. The mentality is quite pathetic, frankly.

Unfortunately, that's the modus operandi for pretty much every fight, and every fighters fan base around here :icon_neut Completely bash, or dismiss the opponent of their favorite fighter, and then if their favorite wins, shit talk the other fighter and his fanbase to no end. Then, after they've called the other fighter a POS, can, etc etc etc, they will point to the victory over said fighter as some great accomplishment at some point in the future............................

I'd have to see it because Gus is lacking the main tool to destroy Jones : power
As power can't be improved that much in so little time unless there are some major technical flaws I don't see him knocking Jones out ( unless he uses a way more combo approach ) so we will have to wait and see

Both will adjust for the second fight so..

fight was a close one and jones won. Gus wont crush jones, thats hilarious. It will be a very close fight again even though jones will win

Last edited:
Alex will win the rematch. Jones' length makes aggressive clinching harder, which I think he'd need to do to win. He's open when he comes in.

Well I agree that he lost beacuse of lack of experience. We will see what happens in the next fight.

Honestly, I think people said Gus 'dominated' Jones because they just hate the guy. They don't want to admit it was a close fight, like.. yeah, Gus landed some very, very good punches but Jones landed like a billion kicks and he even rocked Gus with an elbow and beat the shit out of him for the entire 4th round.

The only round that I think was really big for Gus was the 1st because he was landing a lot of good punches and he got that quick TD, although he did nothing with his TD, we all know how biased the judges are towards them. How many times have we seen fights 'won' by somebody who is being picked apart the whole time but gets a TD and does nothing with it? happens all the time.

u wot m8?

Alex won the round until it was 38 seconds left of the round, which is when he ate the elbow.

Coach has dead serious face.
Gus will have a seriously dead face.

Like last time huh, dummy?

I'd have to see it because Gus is lacking the main tool to destroy Jones : power
As power can't be improved that much in so little time unless there are some major technical flaws I don't see him knocking Jones out ( unless he uses a way more combo approach ) so we will have to wait and see

Both will adjust for the second fight so..

Gus is NOT lacking power. He just can't commit to every shot since if he did, he'd get taken down. However when he gets Jones to walk backwards, trying to disengage, that is when he has to pour it on, which he didn't in the first fight. I'm sure Jones would disagree too, bleeding out of his ears, mouth and nose after the fight, shaking uncontrollably and throwing up.

Last edited:
i think the gus vs jones fight and how competitive it was brought jones down to earth.

jones will not go into this fight will the same gameplan he did the first go around.. i truly believe he thought gus would be a much easier fight- most of us did. that lead to the dog fight we all saw and loved.

in their rematch i believe we'll see jones use a lot of innovative methods to engage in the clinch and work those trips and throws we've seen in the past and start raining down hellbows with fury.

jones via sub or gnp rnd 2 or 3 in rematch.

If Alexander didn't gas he wins the first time easy. As it was, a close fight, even still many fans believe Alex should have got the nod. So I agree, Gus will win the rematch.

Actually yes.

That's why he wants nothing to do with the viking anymore.

How could he even rematch with the swede because he had this near death experience. Jones critics should not blame jones for not taking the immidiate rematch because jones was totally crushed in the fight (at least what gus fans say). Moreover, jones was vomiting, shaking and lost many gallons of blood. Is he even able to fight glover?

What makes you think from the first fight he'll finish Gustafsson? the elbow his best shot standing, didn't drop at ALL, plus he has a granite chin. Subbing him? He needs to get a takedown first, which he won't at all in the rematch and even if he did, he'd get up as soon as he gets taken down as he showed in 5th round. So I ask out ? How will Jones finish Gus in the rematch?

Jones isn't Shields. His striking isn't at it technical peak but it's obvious already he is a natural talent. It was smart of him to refine his other skills before catching up with the striking. It's a good way to prolong his career.

Just for the little detail that Jones did not outstrike Gus at all.

What you don't realize is his 'main plan' won't work next time either. Gus' TDD and movement is just too good for him. He'll have a massive mental edge in the next fight, knowing he can stop those easily and just light him up on the feet whenever he feels like it. Next time he faces Jones, Jones will crumble and when he does that, Gus will actually capitalize on it, unlike what he did in their first fight.

Gus had his chance, the best he will ever have and he used it well and came close. But in the end it wasn't quite enough.

It's so cute to see Jones haters fully relishing their delusion. Enjoy it while it lasts, the rematch will be over and that dream coming to an end before you know it. Then it's back to begging Jones to move up to HW and stuff like that :D

Gus had his chance, the best he will ever have and he used it well and came close. But in the end it wasn't quite enough.

Newsflash: Gus will have another chance and won't be as hesitant this time around. What do you think happens when he actually pours it on after he has Jones backpedaling? Jones will crack. He doesn't like dog fights one bit.

u wot m8?

I was and am rooting for Gus hard(I live close to him in Sweden too) but damn. You are the kind of person that makes me hate sherdog sometimes.
Jones won a stand up battle against one of the best strikers in the UFC while having blood in his eye, you said it yourself, Alex stuffed him. The W shows that he won standing up, no matter how far up your own ass your head is.

I was and am rooting for Gus hard(I live close to him in Sweden too) but damn. You are the kind of person that makes me hate sherdog sometimes.
Jones won a stand up battle against one of the best strikers in the UFC while having blood in his eye, you said it yourself, Alex stuffed him. The W shows that he won standing up, no matter how far up your own ass your head is.

Are you retarded? He said Jones was beating him up for the entire 4th round, which I said was complete bullshit basically. How the fuck does that make sand miraculously fall into your vagina?

Last edited:
Double post for some inexplicable reason.

Last edited:
Back