*Gun to your head and forced to bet all your savings, who has your money: Conor or Khabib?*

Khabib is going to beat the ever living shit out of him. McG hasn’t fought in YEARS.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either getting a paycheck to post or has the mind of a child.

I sincerely hope you’re right, and Conor doesn’t land one of them one in a million shots that puts Khabib down & out.

I’d be delighted to watch 5 rounds of Khabib absolutely mauling the gobshite Irishman. Dropping him on his head, dragging him round, holding him down and clobbering him.

Conor. I think Khabib has a great chance but if my life was on the line im putting my faith in the insane Irish man.

I sincerely hope you’re right, and Conor doesn’t land one of them one in a million shots that puts Khabib down & out.

I’d be delighted to watch 5 rounds of Khabib absolutely mauling the gobshite Irishman. Dropping him on his head, dragging him round, holding him down and clobbering him.
It only goes 5 rounds if they milk the McGregor meal ticket.

Mendes Got destroyed on the feet every minute it was on the feet except for one good punch Chad landed. Conor weathered the storm on the ground, avoided a submission attempt and then knocked him unconscious inside of two rounds. He destroyed Mendes.

So you didn’t actually watch that fight, great.

As much as i like dislike Conor as a human you can’t deny that the guy is one of the best 145/155ers out there. Wins over Holloway/aldo/poirer/alvarez/diaz alone are better wins than most greats can boast. But let’s be realistic now, Conor has all the red panties in the world these days, he’s not hungry anymore. Khabib on the other hand has lived in Conor’s shadow for years and he’s never going to get the credit he deserves until he beats Conor. Conor isn’t going to sub or put him to sleep so his only chance is to grind out a 5 round decision against GSP LITE.

So yeah, Khabib is the easy bet.

Probably Conor..I was expecting a 5 rounds war against Aldo as he is one of the GOATs at 145, and we saw how that ended...I was expecting him to get wrestlefucked against Chad Mendes (even if it was on short notice) and we saw how that ended...I was expecting him to get KOed in round 1 by Floyd and we saw how that ended...I was expecting Diaz to kill him and we saw how that ended....

He really is a great fighter and besides that he destroys his opponents mentally before the fight...

Khabib is going to beat the ever living shit out of him. McG hasn’t fought in YEARS.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either getting a paycheck to post or has the mind of a child.
This post killed me for some reason

<{outtahere}>

Honestly I would back Conor, but i'd be looking for potential homeless shelters on the side...

Both have such a clear definitive path to success...

Khabib wins easily if he's smart. If he's spamming takedowns in the middle of the cage like he did against Al Conor stands a chance but if he blasts him to the cage and works from there he'll have little trouble taking down Conor.

If he's hurt and he's smart he falls to guard. Conor isn't risking that and it gives him time to recover. If he gets hurt and tries to stay standing he could get finished.

Haven't seen enough TD defense or scrambling ability to stop or get up enough from Khabibs takedowns/ground game. Might happen a few times but He'll need more than that.

Ugh, Conor.

Conor will knock him clean out in under 2.5 rounds.

Honestly, who do you believe would take the fight, Khabib or Conor?
Gun to my head, gotta choose?

Khabib Nurmagomedov, all night.
-- He just has far too much fight experience throughout his entire life to bet against.

"We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto"
Dagestan is a very long way from Kansas. (and Dublin)

If people think McGregor has anything for Khabib if it touches the ground, rewatch the Chad vs McGregor fight. Not only did Chad get the better of McGregor on the feet for the most part during the first round, but he also took him down often, and held him down in their fight, until he gassed in the second round and the fight was ended early. Khabib has a better skill set then Chad when it comes to the grappling dept, is much bigger plus stronger then Chad, and McGregor would have to throw multiple punch combos without getting grabbed or taken down by Khabib, in order to finish Khabib. I got Khabib easily in this fight. Acting like Conor has one punch KO power is a very biased opinion and far from the actual truth, while Khabib has actually beat opponents with a greater overall MMA skill set then McGregor, and many were bigger plus more athletic then McGregor.
Conor got up 3/4 times Chad took him down.

Conor destroyed Chad on the feet in the first round, so much so that he appeared gassed within 2 minutes.

Conor stuffed Mendes 3 times in the fight.

Chad gassed way before the second round.

Khabib is a better chain wrestler than Chad, but he's not as good at closing the distance. In the later rounds he couldn't close the distance on Iaquinta. Conor has much better movement and distance management than Iaquinta, is a bigger KO threat, a better counter striker, and a better pressure fighter if he needs to be.

Who are these "many" bigger and more athletic opponents Khabib has faced? You know only 2 of his 10 UFC opponents are taller than the LW divisional average of 5ft10? And he couldn't finish either of them (which isn't surprising since he's gone to decision 6 out of 10 times in the UFC).

I remember the stupid arguments we were getting for why Conor would beat Floyd and we're getting similar ones for conor v. khabib.

I'm not saying Khabib is guaranteed to win but anyone who bets a large amount of money on Conor is an idiot. He's not a consistent fighter and loses often. He also gasses so you know he won't win a decision. You are betting a huge amount of money on one possible outcome (KO in round 1 or 2). Your reasoning is usually "look at khabib, he looks shook, he'll run in with his chin up". Why would you put your hard earned money on the line for that?

My brain says Khabib but my dick says Conor.

Back