Jimi Hendrix
Eric Clapton
Nuno Bettencourt
Brian May
Prince
Rivers Cuomo
John Fruischante
Adrian Smith

Eric Clapton is a little bit of a hack. For at least half his career he was consistently boring.

Eric Clapton is a little bit of a hack. For at least half his career he was consistently boring.

130508-clapton-is-god-1.jpg

EDIT: To be fair, he has gone through some shit stages. I have seen him live a few times and doze off a bit when he goes full blues mode. "Dammit Clapton, play White Room FFS". Cream Clapton was prime.

Mick Taylor > Keith Richards

For solo playing, I don't think it's possible to dislike Mick Taylor. He's got the emotion of a David Gilmour with better technical ability and versatility to boot. He never fully reached the potential greatness as far as the quantity of recorded music on albums but if I was forced to listen to one guitar player for the rest of my life I may choose Mick.

The 1968-1973 version of the Stones were GOAT level with Keith in his prime writing riffs, Jagger at his most confident and swaggering, the steadiest drummer ever in Charlie Watts, and Mick Taylor, the guitar prodigy, burning up the fret board. Too bad that incarnation of the Stones only lasted about 5 years.

Chuck berry obviously.

I'd find it odd if someone didn't like Brian May, Hendrix, Neil Young, or Keith Richards.

Laugh at me all you want, joke me too but....

John Mayer and Keith Urban are great guitarists.

All time, or course not. However both are great in their own right...

I don't really like Dave Mustaine. And a lot of guitarists shit on SRV all the time for being a wannabe Hendricks clone (I still love him).

Really? Obviously he's influenced by Hendrix but he plays Hendrix songs better than Jimi himself, amazing player.

I'm a big Mustaine fan but can see those who wouldn't love him, his tone isn't exactly that pleasing to some ears.

And don't know if everyone else agrees but the guy in my av is the man.

Back