Guillard suspended but not Jones???

If they can't administer the punishment for out-of-competition testing, THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY TESTING THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?

Well, it's likely one of the substances that the lab they used always tests for and reports. Cocaine isn't considered a banned substance out of competition by WADA hence no sanctions for PED use. Are there double standards and problems with all of this? Maybe. By the regulations, though, there isn't anything amiss.

He wasn't high on coke when competing. Simple distinction. Dumbass.

lol. First of all, we don't know that. Second of all, it doesn't matter under the regulations. One drug test covers out of competition parameters, the other covers in competition parameters. Is that simple enough?

They can punish them for PEDs (Shael & Wandy for example).

So if cocaine is not a PED, then why was Melvin punished for it when he was tested "in-competition"?

they do a full piss test, despite the list of banned substances being smaller out of competition compared to in competition.

Are there actually two different banned substances list for in-competition and out-of-competition? If cocaine is not a banned substance, why would they test for it?

EDIT: If anybody can clarify this for me, what is considered in and out of competition?

So if cocaine is not a PED, then why was Melvin punished for it when he was tested "in-competition"?

Are there actually two different banned substances list for in-competition and out-of-competition? If cocaine is not a banned substance, why would they test for it?

Yes.

Because it's still illegal in competition.

I assume the test incorporates testing for all illegal (by law) drugs.

Because it's still illegal in competition.

I assume the test incorporates testing for all illegal (by law) drugs.

So then you admit Jones broke a rule/law and should be punished?

stupid.gif

what's stupid, is the fact training camp is NOT considered a part of competition.

He broke a law by using cocaine, yes. Should he be punished? No. He wasn't caught in the act. If you fail a test before you get hired for a job, do you get arrested? No.

He also (probably) broke the UFC's conduct rules. He'll probably get a fine.

He didn't break any WADA/AC rules.

Seems like a reasonable question but you'll still crapped on for it

Looking at the WADA site, you are correct.

So I guess my confusion is what exactly is considered out of competition? is the day of the fight the only time considered in-competition?

Looking at the WADA site, you are correct.

So I guess my confusion is what exactly is considered out of competition? is the day of the fight the only time considered in-competition?
"the period commencing twelve hours before a Competition...through to the end of such Competition and the Sample collection process related to the end of such Competition"

Competition means the actual fight/fight day. You're not allowed to have it in your system during the fight, so that means you can't take it for a week before really (cocaine, other drugs are different).

I don't think he broke any official rules unless there is a clause in his UFC contract that I'm not aware of (and the fact that he isn't being reprimanded suggests there isn't). He didn't violate any WADA law. You also can't be charged criminally for testing positive for any drug except for certain extenuating circumstances that don't apply in this situation (such as DUIs and so on).

because jon jones speaks so well and melvin sounds like a .....

Out of competition as opposed to in competition. Pretty simple and has been covered ad nauseam on here today.

People are pretty desperate to make a conspiracy about the punishment and when the info was made public.

Its a minor thing. Not a PED. Wont affect Jones' fighting ability as champ one way or another and its just time to move on and look forward to JBJ's next title defence when its announced.

what's stupid, is the fact training camp is NOT considered a part of competition.

It's not stupid at all. Why would the NSAC give a shit if a fighter is drinking alcohol during their training cap? Showing up to a fight drunk is a different story. Same exact thing with cocaine.

I don't think he broke any official rules unless there is a clause in his UFC contract that I'm not aware of (and the fact that he isn't being reprimanded suggests there isn't). He didn't violate any WADA law. You also can't be charged criminally for testing positive for any drug except for certain extenuating circumstances that don't apply in this situation (such as DUIs and so on).

There is. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/436660/UFC-releases-fighter-Code-of-Conduct/

As you can see, lot's of people break those rules.

Back