Guillard suspended but not Jones???

Shouldn't "In Competition" include during training camp for your fight?

Out of competition would be outside of those parameters.

That'd be up to the UFC to decide.
Which I've already said 100 times in this thread.

PEDs are banned year-round, including training camps. WADA feels that coke, weed, etc. aren't PEDs.

If this was a less prominent fighter that they didn't really care to have under contract, they could easily use this to discipline or even dismiss them. Of course, that's why they have the rule. It's up to their discretion if a certain fighter does something under the guidelines (and the guidelines are broad) which outweighs their benefit to the promotion. Obviously what Jones did doesn't (beyond maybe a small fine or something like that) and he should rightfully be in the clear because of the original spirit of the clause.

I see your point. My gripe here (besides these goons posting like headless chickens) is the actions taken by the UFC and the commission, WADA included. Whether it was money, contracts or hush-hush tactics, this situation was gonna turn messy regardless of the outcome. I say that the commission and WADA are to blame for not having benzoylecgonine, or cocaine in general, under their list of banned substances. Yet again its common sense that cocaine in general should be banned so for them to have zero retaliation is a bit absurd. Also, for the UFC to allow something like this is sketchy. But that's just me.

What I see here was a situation that can be use as future example. I for one hope that there will be reformation stemming from this situation. But besides that, you're right.

Maybe. In terms of Jones facing discipline, it only matters what it actually is, though. Under WADA guidelines, Jones wasn't in competition. It should be noted that the Jones/Cormier drug tests aren't actually out yet (I'm fairly sure they aren't, anyway, I may be wrong). Maybe Jones will test positive in competition, as well (though, I doubt it).

Training camp isn't a set thing though. The 'competition' itself only takes place on Fight Night. Out of competition testing is just to make sure you don't have an advantage prior to the competition itself.

Dude, what the fuck?

He broke that rule. As they did when they brawled. As they did when they talked shit. As Diaz does when he talks shit. As does Conor when he talks shit. As did Shael when he talked shit. etc. etc.

The UFC chooses what to do with those who break these rules, since it's their rules. Obviously, they chose not to do anything drastic (right move) and maybe they'll fine him or something (slap on the wrist).

So then why are you so rustled about it? I mentioned that the commission are to blame as well. It was up to them to list an already illegal substance to their list. Why they didn't include it goes beyond me. Like shit, you are getting mad for something that intertwines...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/5...rock-lesnar-overturned-drug-test-testosterone

No, he still fought. Maybe they would have just given Jones a "conditional license" if the substances were banned.
He tested positive months after the Brock fight. He passed all the tests pre-fight. Had he failed a test pre-fight, he wouldn't have been given a license to fight.

The conditional license was used just so they could randomly test him. All that meant was that if he failed the test, his license would be taken away (which it was).

So then why are you so rustled about it? I mentioned that the commission are to blame as well. It was up to them to list an already illegal substance to their list. Why they didn't include it goes beyond me. Like shit, you are getting mad for something that intertwines...

I'm not getting rustled. I'm just not getting why you're jumping on me for pointing out the facts. It seems like you thought I was stating my opinion. Nowhere did I state my opinion on whether or not the AC should ban cocaine or drugs.

If you wanna blame someone, then the majority of the blame lies on WADA.

I see your point. My gripe here (besides these goons posting like headless chickens) is the actions taken by the UFC and the commission, WADA included. Whether it was money, contracts or hush-hush tactics, this situation was gonna turn messy regardless of the outcome. I say that the commission and WADA are to blame for not having benzoylecgonine, or cocaine in general, under their list of banned substances. Yet again its common sense that cocaine in general should be banned so for them to have zero retaliation is a bit absurd. Also, for the UFC to allow something like this is sketchy. But that's just me.

What I see here was a situation that can be use as future example. I for one hope that there will be reformation stemming from this situation. But besides that, you're right.

I mean, it's a bit of a problem with having 365 day random testing (probably partially why they scrapped it). Some fighters are bound to do recreational drugs when competition isn't imminent. Cocaine does have some PED qualities if taken right before a fight (it probably has much more signficant drawbacks in MMA than the benefits, but the benefits are real, and perhaps more importantly, it's dangerous to be doing exceptionally strenuous work like fighting while high on cocaine). Outside of competition, it doesn't have any real benefits, I don't think. In that case, it's merely a behavioral control and I don't think the UFC really cares enough to have that control on their fighters so long as they're performing (I mean, Dana lives in Vegas, understands the lifestyles, and understands that fighters like Liddell partied hard and still made him a lot of money). I'm fine with the event not being stopped even if Jones was popped a month out and I'm a big Cormier fan who was cheering for him.

what are the odds on Guillard being the guy who taught Jones about the nose candy?

I'm not getting rustled. I'm just not getting why you're jumping on me for pointing out the facts. It seems like you thought I was stating my opinion. Nowhere did I state my opinion on whether or not the AC should ban cocaine or drugs.

If you wanna blame someone, then the majority of the blame lies on WADA.

Ok so then why are you upset about this "rule" wasn't specific and its the UFCs responsibility? I definitely blame everyone, Jones included, on why this fiasco has caused so many whitebelt threads popping up left and right and caused so much drama. If anything, you seemed to be attacking Jay for being against the TS. Hence why I jumped in initially.

Nope. Unless it was found in a drug test administered to you after the police arrested you for something (DUI, etc.). This wasn't the case.
Yea idk. I'm not a law expert, but I guess that situation can differ from state to state.

Jones is an employee of UFC. UFC is a company like McDonald's. McDonald's chooses what to do with their employees who fail a drug test. It's the same, therefore it's a perfect example.
I guess I understand your point, what I meant was this situation was not like applying for a job down the street somewhere. Jones is a high-profile athlete, but I guess the same principles apply...

Probably. That's the beauty of being the top dog in life.
True.

There's no double standards by the NSAC. The double standards by the UFC are understandable.
Sure there are. Vitor was juiced to his tits and the NSAC allowed him a title shot while giving him "extra testing", which meant diddly shit since they only tested him once so far.

Double standard. Guys like Jones, Anderson, GSP, Brock are all above the rules in UFC.

Ok so then why are you upset about this "rule" wasn't specific and its the UFCs responsibility? I definitely blame everyone, Jones included, on why this fiasco has caused so many whitebelt threads popping up left and right and caused so much drama. If anything, you seemed to be attacking Jay for being against the TS. Hence why I jumped in initially.

I think you're just not comprehending my posts for some reason.

I'm not upset about anything. I don't know where you're getting that from. Every one of my posts agrees with Jay (in fact, they're pretty similar). Me and Jay are on the same page, we're both against the TS. Jay simply said he wasn't aware of any rules that the UFC has that Jones broke. I linked him to the code of conduct for UFC and the rule he broke. Jay read the link and understood what was going on. For some reason, you didn't. You thought I was saying Jones should be punished I guess? I wasn't. Like I said, those rules are broken every day and nothing happens. All I meant is that the UFC can punish Jones if they choose to. They couldn't do that if the didn't break some rule.

Everybody in this situation acted according to the rules. I do agree with you that this place has been unbearable though.

Yea idk. I'm not a law expert, but I guess that situation can differ from state to state.
Nope.

I guess I understand your point, what I meant was this situation was not like applying for a job down the street somewhere. Jones is a high-profile athlete, but I guess the same principles apply...
Exactly, same principles apply. I mean if he wasn't a high-profile athlete, the results would probably not be released. So, there's that.

Sure there are. Vitor was juiced to his tits and the NSAC allowed him a title shot while giving him "extra testing", which meant diddly shit since they only tested him once so far.
Vitor wasn't licensed under NSAC, so they couldn't do anything to him. I mean they could've refused a license, but why do that when every other fighter who got popped for PEDs was allowed one after serving a suspension?

Vitor wasn't licensed under NSAC, so they couldn't do anything to him. I mean they could've refused a license, but why do that when every other fighter who got popped for PEDs was allowed one after serving a suspension?

Cuz it's bullshit.

Yea I got nuffin... I'm tired and going to bed. Good talk guys.

Back