Guillard suspended but not Jones???

He broke a law by using cocaine, yes. Should he be punished? No. He wasn't caught in the act.
I feel like you could probably get in trouble for having coke in your blood stream, just a hunch..

If you fail a test before you get hired for a job, do you get arrested? No.
Jon Jones was not applying for a job at McDonalds on December 4. That's a horrible example

He also (probably) broke the UFC's conduct rules. He'll probably get a fine.

He didn't break any WADA/AC rules.
Probably. Everyone knows tho that if this was some lower tier fighter, they would crucify him on the spot.

I'm not casting stones at Jones, I just hate the double-standards of the UFC/NSAC.

lol. First of all, we don't know that. Second of all, it doesn't matter under the regulations. One drug test covers out of competition parameters, the other covers in competition parameters. Is that simple enough?
Except, oh shit, like I said, in comp drug tests don't exclusively cover the "parameters" you claim they do, you dumbass. "In" competition drug tests cover time "parameters" that span "outside" of the actual time of competition. Including time leading up to the fight. Coke can not provide beneficial effects after being cycled (if you'd even call it that) like steroids can. And really, with your logic, there is no proof that Jones wasn't high during his fight too. If you want to believe Melvin was high the night of the fight, you'll have the burden of proof. And you can't prove shit other than what information is provided by the athletic commissions.

I feel like you could probably get in trouble for having coke in your blood stream, just a hunch.
Nope. Unless it was found in a drug test administered to you after the police arrested you for something (DUI, etc.). This wasn't the case.

Jon Jones was not applying for a job at McDonalds on December 4. That's a horrible example
Jones is an employee of UFC. UFC is a company like McDonald's. McDonald's chooses what to do with their employees who fail a drug test. It's the same, therefore it's a perfect example.

Probably. Everyone knows tho that if this was some lower tier fighter, they would crucify him on the spot.
Probably. That's the beauty of being the top dog in life.

I'm not casting stones at Jones, I just hate the double-standards of the UFC/NSAC.
There's no double standards by the NSAC. The double standards by the UFC are understandable.

Ah, interesting. The UFC is at liberty to enforce that as they please, though, and obviously they don't want to sanction one of their few fighters that can even be half construed as a draw (and I don't understand how anyone can blame them).
Right. That's why he'll probably get a fine or something. They're not touching that belt. It would be stupid.

Son, you are reaching here. He did break untold laws known as common sense. The issue here is with the sports commission for not being strict on already-illegal substances.
Son, you should read my posts. I said he broke a UFC's rule (and UFC chooses what to do with him). He didn't break any laws regarding WADA/AC.

I don't think he broke any official rules unless there is a clause in his UFC contract that I'm not aware of (and the fact that he isn't being reprimanded suggests there isn't). He didn't violate any WADA law. You also can't be charged criminally for testing positive for any drug except for certain extenuating circumstances that don't apply in this situation (such as DUIs and so on).

If Jones didn't break any rules, did the UFC break any by not disclosing the results, prior?

They disclosed when Overeem tested positive prior to the Lesnar fight. Think maybe they're cherry picking here, because if Lesnar would have found out after the fight $hit would have hit the fan.

Maybe Cormier just doesn't have enough pull to be informed beforehand.

But he had traces of it in his system during the fight. Simple distinction.

as far as we know, he didn't. he passed a follow-up test later in december. did you even read the article?

Son, you should read my posts. I said he broke a UFC's rule (and UFC chooses what to do with him). He didn't break any laws regarding WADA/AC.

Which rule did he break? The only rule that could apply here is the testing for banned substances in his post-fight test, which he technically didn't in this case. So what rule are you saying?

If Jones didn't break any rules, did the UFC break any by not disclosing the results, prior?
Nope. They're not required to release the results.

They disclosed when Overeem tested positive prior to the Lesnar fight. Think maybe they're cherry picking here, because if Lesnar would have found out after the fight $hit would have hit the fan.
Ubereem tested positive for a banned substance. The AC handles that and releases it as soon as the test comes back positive. Jones didn't break any rules. A fighter who tested positive for PEDs wouldn't be allowed to fight, so your example would never happen.

as far as we know, he didn't. he passed a follow-up test later in december. did you even read the article?

I was talking about Melvin.

Except, oh shit, like I said, in comp drug tests don't exclusively cover the "parameters" you claim they do, you dumbass. "In" competition drug tests cover time "parameters" that span "outside" of the actual time of competition. Including time leading up to the fight. Coke can not provide beneficial effects after being cycled (if you'd even call it that) like steroids can. And really, with your logic, there is no proof that Jones wasn't high during his fight too. If you want to believe Melvin was high the night of the fight, you'll have the burden of proof. And you can't prove shit other than what information is provided by the athletic commissions.

I think you're saying that "in competition" actually means more than literally in competition in this situation. If you are, you're right. It's more or less impossible to make sure to make it so the tests isolate only the time they are in competition short of conducting the tests immediately before and after the fights (and that's not practical, really). So, there is a bit of leeway, but considering how fast cocaine is out of your system, there really isn't much leeway, at all. Your last bit is a tad incoherent. We haven't actually gotten the post fight tests from Jones/Cormier yet, I don't believe. Maybe Jones will test positive in competition, I don't know. His first test was officially out of competition, though, and therefore cocaine isn't a sanctionable offense under WADA guidelines. I think it's best if you took a knee and did away with this "dumbass" gimmick.

maybe because guillard was pinned immediately following his fight, rather than Jones who was pinned one month prior to his fight?

Which is all the more ridiculous!! Busted a month before yet the fight still happens...LOL

Maybe Cormier just doesn't have enough pull to be informed beforehand.

Elevated testosterone (which I think was what Overeem got done for) is a sanctionable offense outside of competition under WADA guidelines, whereas cocaine is not.

Nope. They're not required to release the results.

Ubereem tested positive for a banned substance. The AC handles that and releases it as soon as the test comes back positive. Jones didn't break any rules. A fighter who tested positive for PEDs wouldn't be allowed to fight, so your example would never happen.

I was talking about Melvin.

Why was Overeem still allowed to fight then? Seems pointless whether Jones took a banned substance or not, now. Either way he still would have been allowed to fight? The only difference is Cormier would have known about it?

Your response does seem rational, but when you apply it, it's just a joke. and that's not a shot at you. it's a shot at the rules.

Why was Overeem still allowed to fight then? Seems pointless whether Jones took a banned substance or not, now. Either way he still would have been allowed to fight? The only difference is Cormier would have known about it?
Overeem wasn't allowed to fight...?

That's the thing. Jones didn't take a banned substance. So he was allowed to fight. If he took a banned substance, he wouldn't have been allowed to fight.

"Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the UFC"

I see how this can apply to the situation. Also, I could say the same about the brawl the two had that one time. Yet nothing happened. Care to emphasize your assessment of this rule besides testing positive for benzoylecgonine?

If this was a less prominent fighter that they didn't really care to have under contract, they could easily use this to discipline or even dismiss them. Of course, that's why they have the rule. It's up to their discretion if a certain fighter does something under the guidelines (and the guidelines are broad) which outweighs their benefit to the promotion. Obviously what Jones did doesn't (beyond maybe a small fine or something like that) and he should rightfully be in the clear because of the original spirit of the clause.

"Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the UFC"

I see how this can apply to the situation. Also, I could say the same about the brawl the two had that one time. Yet nothing happened. Care to emphasize your assessment of this rule besides testing positive for benzoylecgonine?

Dude, what the fuck?

He broke that rule. As they did when they brawled. As they did when they talked shit. As Diaz does when he talks shit. As does Conor when he talks shit. As did Shael when he talked shit. etc. etc.

The UFC chooses what to do with those who break these rules, since it's their rules. Obviously, they chose not to do anything drastic (right move) and maybe they'll fine him or something (slap on the wrist).

Back