GSP Will be the First 3 Division UFC Champion

If they believe they can win, nothing can stop him.

This game is 80% mental
Now it comes down to who is stronger mentally. GSP wouldn’t come out of retirement for any fight he didn’t think he could win.
GSP is the smarter fighter, so my money would be on him.

GSP wouldn’t come out of retirement for any fight he didn’t think he could win.

tenor.gif

Now I have no idea who will win. They're both confident.

What does GSP's dad think?

No he won’t. He isn’t even a real 2 division champ as Whittaker was the interim MW champ when GSP cherry picked retirement Bisping

Would be interesting but the outcome would probably be like Anderson vs Adesanya, 2 similar styles but one of the guys well out of their prime so you would never know who was really the better fighter.

Gsp will be easily and brutally finished and pave the way to the new goat. You think ali, khabib and his father would ask for a gsp clause if they didn't think they can beat him 100%?

No it's not money. If it was they would fight conor which would make more money.

Gsp will be massacred.
<GSPWoah>

You think GSP and his camp would want this fight if they weren't 100% he would beat him?

Khabib just wants to face his idol. But there are levels to this, son

No he won’t. He isn’t even a real 2 division champ as Whittaker was the interim MW champ when GSP cherry picked retirement Bisping
Lineal>interim
In terms of belt value.
Because everything else is hypothetical. Remember, Rockhold was supposed to walk through Bisping.

GSP fans are the type of people who have him as their background wallpaper.

Nice homoerotic pictures of GSP, TS.

Maybe one day he'll let you suck on his feet or something. Keep it up.

Whats the weather like on the planet you live on , noble TS?

Tbh no one should ever be given the chance to be a champ champ champ. Is cancerous for the sport, must be stopped. Support Dana telling GSP to fuck off on this one.

Dude, Im not even a GSP fan, but its weaker than a 2 division champ who never defended either belt? Weaker than a 2 division champ who got one belt while the reigning champ was suspended? (I actually AM a fan of DC, but its a weaker claim than GSP's)
GSP actually beat the linear, rightful title holders, and defended one of the belts like 7 times. Nothing weak about that.

How about a 2 division champ that went up and finished the P4P GOAT at the time then dropped back down to win the title and defend several times?

1. I think the difference is that George wasn’t champ at the same time
  2. George was a disputed champ at 185 due to rob holding the interim belt(which was more legit considering who they were facing)
  3. GSP left 170 after a questionable decision
  4. McGregor beat the best FW and beat Eddie who beat the guy many thought was LW GOAT at the time in RDA. Aldo and Alvarez are divisional atgs, Bisping isn’t.
  5. DC beat the best UFC HW and lost to a steroid cheat. He could argue Jon was never legit due to substance taking.
I don’t think any are weak btw, a two division champ is a two div champ no matter how you slice it.
Anyway GSP easily beats Khabib at 155 50-45 in a jab fest.

Whitaker is the only interim champ who’s title held more weight than the champion. Which is pretty bizarre.

Goat gonna goat. Already confirmed goat, would be icing on the cake.

So what if GSP wins a title and doesn't defend, they can bring out one of those ever-useful interim titles.

Khabib wouldn't become a smaller draw after losing, he would just become more famous.
He was propelled by association with Conor and GSP is an oldschool mega-draw.

If he beats GSP then his stock goes through the roof.

<GSPWoah>

You think GSP and his camp would want this fight if they weren't 100% he would beat him?

Khabib just wants to face his idol. But there are levels to this, son
nah khabib doesnt wanna face his idol. he wanna beat his idol. one man is undefeated and one has lost couple of times before. ill put my money on the undefeated being more certain than a 40 years old retired ex fighter whose last real fight was arguably a loss.

How about a 2 division champ that went up and finished the P4P GOAT at the time then dropped back down to win the title and defend several times?

What about it? I wasn't having a discussion about strong two division champion claims, I was disputing the assertion that GSPs claim is the weakest.

1. I think the difference is that George wasn’t champ at the same time
  2. George was a disputed champ at 185 due to rob holding the interim belt(which was more legit considering who they were facing)
  3. GSP left 170 after a questionable decision
  4. McGregor beat the best FW and beat Eddie who beat the guy many thought was LW GOAT at the time in RDA. Aldo and Alvarez are divisional atgs, Bisping isn’t.
  5. DC beat the best UFC HW and lost to a steroid cheat. He could argue Jon was never legit due to substance taking.
I don’t think any are weak btw, a two division champ is a two div champ no matter how you slice it.
Anyway GSP easily beats Khabib at 155 50-45 in a jab fest.

GSP had many successful title defenses, McGregor has zero. Eddie Alvarez beat RDA because RDA almost died trying to make weight at 155 and eventually had to move up to 170 even though very short for WW. Alvarez was at the right place at the right time and Uncle Dana allowed McTapper to jump the line at 155 to fight Alvarez despite a recent submission loss to gate keeper Nate Diaz. Alvarez also has plenty of recent losses. Conor beating Alvarez doesn't seem so great now that Alvarez has been blasted in back to back fights in 2018/2019. Conor also split with Nate Diaz including a submission loss, so I will take a big pass on Conor being a special double champ. Zero successful title defenses says it all.

I have to agree. I believe once Andy started losing he didn’t have the aura to protect anymore. He became interested in the big fights and money. I believe things would be different if he hadn’t started losing though. I feel Jones and GSP are both still trying to protect their legacy.
As for GSP? Yes he’s a different fighter now. He used to take more chances. Now he’s more calculated. That’s why it was nice seeing him finish Bisping. It was a flashback to the more aggressive GSP.
That's exactly the point & how I feel about it. But on a side note, I felt that he tried to wrestlestall Bisping and Bisping surprised everyone with a slick ground game, far above the average, anyway: Then he fled MW... Worst outcome possible. Not even shitting yourself in the octagon was more cringeworthy.

Now, not sure if you'll feel the same, but I have this impression that has GSP kept fighting and popped over USADA, or maybe lost 3 fights, whatever, but kept fighting like the his old self I'd place that GSP far above the real GSP, GOAT depending on his fights.

Idgaf if GSP is undefeated or not, as well as Jones, Silva, DC, etc. Quoting Chuck Palahniuk: On a long enough timeline the survival rate for anyone drops to zero. I want to see people doing great stuff, taking risks, Edson Barbozing guys.
Khabib on the other hand is 27-0 and is more of a dent than a legacy on UFC.. He'll end up as famous as Jon Fitch.

Back