GSP vs Woodley is the fight to make next

GSP vs. Askren is the fight to make.

Let Woodley defend his title against anyone the UFC tosses at him.

Heck, put it on the same card.

It's the most interesting fight we could ask for at Welterweight right now, no doubt, but it's not the right choice for GSP if they're willing to give him a shot at the winner of Khabib vs Conor. That's just a fact, there's a lot more money and a lot more prestige in the attempt to win a championship in three different weight classes against either the most famous UFC fighter of all times or the guy with the most impressive undefeated record in MMA history than defending his spot as the greatest welterweight of all times yet again. Basically the same thing as last year when it was the better choice to move up an beat the middleweight champion after a 4 year hiatus, this time arguably even more so. Would I love to see him fight Woodley, too? Absolutely. Definitely one of the biggest challenges of GSP's career if it were to happen. But as long as the UFC is down with it, the lightweight championship bout needs to be his priority. We never got the superfight with prime Anderson (which to this day probably would've been the biggest MMA superfight ever), let's at least make sure we'll get to enjoy this one.

It's a true shame that Rory MacDonald left for Bellator, a rematch between him and Woodley would be an amazing fight to make right now and would be just what is needed to fill the gap between a GSP move to lightweight and a fight against Woodley. Also to get some life back into the division, the finish victory over Darren Till was a good start to recover from the pretty boring period we've had ever since T-Wood got that great KO win over Lawler (not counting round 4 vs Wonderboy, that one was awesome as well). Instead we'll probably get an obnoxious program with Covington and a fairly easy win for Tyron. And quite frankly there aren't any other good options out there. He beat Till, he beat Wonderboy, RDA just lost decisively, Lawler isn't all too impressive lately, Condit and Cerrone are done...without a GSP return to welterweight we're on the verge of a clean out and might have to hope for Khabib moving up should he beat Conor and possibly Ferguson afterwards.

Why would anyone want it? GSP has no interest in defending the belt anymore. If he wins, the belt gets vacated again fucking the division. If he loses, it only tarnishes the legacy of a legend.
so it’s okay for GSP to possibly win the LW title and vacate it? But not WW?

Woodley doesn’t move the needle enough. Gsp only wants big money fights.

GSP doesn’t want to fight Woodley and for good reason. Fight won’t happen.

What I really want is for people like you to just man up and admit you fear GSP will lose. Nothing wrong with that. The 'Woodley is not a draw' smokescreen is such transparent bullshit.
I don't like Woodley but I would favour him against Georges today. Like 55-45 for Tyrone. I don't have a problem with that.

if Colby beats woodley, GSP will go back and get his belt. Tyron is a fight that he can definitely win but it's extremely risky. But if Colby beats Tyron you bet your sweet ass GSP is getting another 170 strap. Then, Conor or khabib will fight him for that belt.

so it’s okay for GSP to possibly win the LW title and vacate it? But not WW?

Yes. Although I dont think he vacates the LW title though. I think he feels he's a bit small now for WW and feels that LW is more to his natural weight now.

There is absolutely nothing for him at WW now.

Next question.

Yes. Although I dont think he vacates the LW title though. I think he feels he's a bit small now for WW and feels that LW is more to his natural weight now.

There is absolutely nothing for him at WW now.

Next question.
He’s a bit small for WW?
{<jordan}
His last fight was against Michael Ping who started his career at LHW

A hospital visit and damaged legacy

Well since you put it that way. No.

But even if he wins...so? What does he get? The fuckin WW belt again? Wooop a dee fucking doo. I havn't seen that story for about 10 fucking years now. Amirite?

Nope. Woodley can starve for money fights. Maybe he can make the money up by making more rap albums?

lul.

He’s a bit small for WW?
{<jordan}
His last fight was against Michael Ping who started his career at LHW

Ya, and he came in light. And he said he can't sustain that weight. And well...what is there for him at ww?

He's fighting for legacy now. Dude has earned it. There is no legacy fight at ww.

Sorry brah. Your horse just isn't interesting enough. Maybe after another rap album or two?

What I really want is for people like you to just man up and admit you fear GSP will lose. Nothing wrong with that. The 'Woodley is not a draw' smokescreen is such transparent bullshit.

Ya, you tell him how you think he feels. Lol. Seriously though, who is this Woodley person?

Ya, and he came in light. And he said he can't sustain that weight. And well...what is there for him at ww?

He's fighting for legacy now. Dude has earned it. There is no legacy fight at ww.

Sorry brah. Your horse just isn't interesting enough. Maybe after another rap album or two?
Nothing says legacy like dropping 30lbs and two weightclasses from your last fight to face a 155lb guy with one or zero title defenses

Back