• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GSP retires on a 13 fight win streak - UNDISPUTED GOAT

This is why the loss metric towards your legacy makes no sense.
You're literally telling people that GSP not fighting made his career more successful.

In no other sport in the world does not competing help your legacy. It's whoever has the most success as a champion, and that's Fedor for having the most victories as champion with the longest time as champion.

Basically if fedor retired after Rogers fight, he would be undisputed goat, but since he continued fighting he’s “penalized”?

While retiring in your prime n avoiding tough fights gets rewarded?

It makes no sense.

That’s like saying Larry bird would be goat basketball player if he retired in 86 after 3 consecutive mvps n 2 nba titles.

Or Jordan returning in 02 hurt his legacy

I could be wrong, I don't fact check everything I say, but I'm pretty sure when GSP last fought at WW against Hendrick he was 32. Maybe I'm wrong.
Came back at 37,
and won a belt at a higher weightclass

Fedor came back at 38,
Vs double digit loses LHW Fabio Maldonado

Tell me who looked better....

That was my last response,
We obviously not gonna agree on this.

(and you are on ths losing team)

Thought you meant his retirement as of now. I don’t think he officially retired after Hendricks. And either way, doesn’t matter really, as he came back and had success at age 36.
He had one fight, and it was against Michael Bisping, who's even older than GSP is.
Yes, I understand Bisping was champion but be real here. Matt Serra was champion too, doesn't make him a great fighter.

So again, if Fedor's last fight happened at the age of 32, which is the age GSP had his last WW fight at, Fedor's record would've been 31-1 (1)
It's lunacy to give GSP extra accolades simply because he retired earlier than most fighters do.

Huh? What exactly do I have invested into someone? And I'm not sure how kicking someone in the face and knocking them out is fake, but enjoy your version of reality. I've heard it's nice there.

You tell me about reality and pretend you're even remotely intelligent but you don't understand what a NC is and try to argue it's a win because he knocked him out. Yeah stupid, if Khabib does a bunch of PEDs and smashes someone, guess what, it happened in reality, but are we talking about street fighting?

Are we talking about street fighting?

So answer this or admit defeat.

Are... we... talking... about... street fighting?

No? So we're talking about MMA?
Then it's a NC... why is this a NC???
Because he cheated.....
so does it count as a win? No.

VERY simple concept. You can tell me you saw it because hey moron, I've acknowledged multiple times that it happened, but...

Answer this. Did he pass the test?
Is it a win or a NC on his record?

Tell me I'm wrong. You just don't understand what a NC is and you truly in your mind think it matters that he knocked him out.

It is more relevant that Jones won't fight him at HW than it is that he knocked him out on PEDs.

Your life must be terrible if that's where you stick your flag lol jones shows you that fuck ups can win and game the system, even if you're a loser

He had one fight, and it was against Michael Bisping, who's even older than GSP is.
Yes, I understand Bisping was champion but be real here. Matt Serra was champion too, doesn't make him a great fighter.

So again, if Fedor's last fight happened at the age of 32, which is the age GSP had his last WW fight at, Fedor's record would've been 31-1 (1)
It's lunacy to give GSP extra accolades simply because he retired earlier than most fighters do.

Fedor lost to UFC castaways and rejected. Stop.

Man, that might be the more BS I've ever read on a single post....

Congrats?

I guess any post that doesn’t go

“OMG, gsp is the goat n very good looking as well”

Is bs to you

That’s like saying Larry bird would be goat basketball player if he retired in 86 after 3 consecutive mvps n 2 nba titles.

Or Jordan returning in 02 hurt his legacy
Exactly. Or Grezky on the Rangers.

10 decisions > 9 exciting finishes and a loss. In every single sport winning is the primary goal. Everything else comes second.
Not in my eyes. I want to be entertained. Entertainment > winning. Sometimes.

You tell me about reality and pretend you're even remotely intelligent but you don't understand what a NC is and try to argue it's a win because he knocked him out. Yeah stupid, if Khabib does a bunch of PEDs and smashes someone, guess what, it happened in reality, but are we talking about street fighting?

Because he cheated.....

VERY simple concept. You can tell me you saw it because hey moron, I've acknowledged multiple times that it happened, but...

Tell me I'm wrong. You just don't understand what a NC is and you truly in your mind think it matters that he knocked him out.

It is more relevant that Jones won't fight him at HW than it is that he knocked him out on PEDs.

Your life must be terrible if that's where you stick your flag lol jones shows you that fuck ups can win and game the system, even if you're a loser

So you wrote all that and you don't realize I'm NOT talking about the one that was overturned?

rMc8tbu.gif

He faced a clean fighter? Pretty much most people's example of a clean fighter who had been fucked over by cheaters?

Great argument.
<{anton}>

You're double yellow for a reason, you spew trash and poison and have little facts or debate to back it up.

Career gatekeeper who got lucky n won a title.

If a lw beat Matt Serra for ww title nobody would consider that some sort of great accomplishment.

Still gsp had the opportunity to prove how good he is by actually facing top mw after winning the title, but he decided not to do it.

You can spin it how ever you want, but those are facts

Because he cheated.....

Funniest thing about this all is that I'm not even a Jones fan. I've enjoyed this though, thanks.

Jon Jones is virtually on a 25 fight win streak...(never beaten in a fight) if we're going by that criteria he is the undisputed GOAT

Bye GSP. Love ya. One of the greatest ever. Please don't ever un-retire like so many boneheads.

So you wrote all that and you don't realize I'm NOT talking about the one that was not overturned?

rMc8tbu.gif

Yes, you're talking about the one he stalled and coasted in.
And I acknowledged that I was talking about both. He's a cheater and he always will be and now he has a pass. I hope your life gets better because I'm serious when I say someone who invests as much time as you to defend a cheater despite lack of good points is sad and nobody with a good life is like that. Things will get better though, just believe
<DC-Champ>

last time he retired he was on 12 win streak, what's the difference?

Winning is all that matters.

Yes, but not all wins are created equal

Having 10 sd wins is not the same as having 10 1st round kos or sub.

If you think they are, you’re watching a wrong sport

Yes, you're talking about the one he stalled and coasted in.
And I acknowledged that I was talking about both. He's a cheater and he always will be and now he has a pass. I hope your life gets better because I'm serious when I say someone who invests as much time as you to defend a cheater despite lack of good points is sad and nobody with a good life is like that. Things will get better though, just believe
<DC-Champ>
Don't worry about me. I haven't contributed expository essays on the matter. I think we know who it matters most to.

Back