• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GSP retires on a 13 fight win streak - UNDISPUTED GOAT

Yes, but not all wins are created equal

Having 10 sd wins is not the same as having 10 1st round kos or sub.

If you think they are, you’re watching a wrong sport
Who has 10 first rd kos and subs at ww?

with the help from "judges"
hendricks-gsp.jpg

No. I was giving a scenario in which everything else was the same, i.e - opponents.

No, you literally said winning is what matters, everything else is secondary.

So again by your own logic

Khabib > gsp

He had one fight, and it was against Michael Bisping, who's even older than GSP is.
Yes, I understand Bisping was champion but be real here. Matt Serra was champion too, doesn't make him a great fighter.

So again, if Fedor's last fight happened at the age of 32, which is the age GSP had his last WW fight at, Fedor's record would've been 31-1 (1)
It's lunacy to give GSP extra accolades simply because he retired earlier than most fighters do.

Uh, no. Losses count against you. Sorry, but that’s the equivalent of saying had GSP fought 3 more times after Hendricks and lost all of them, his career would be the same as it is now. Absolutely absurd.

And it’s complete crap to not give him major credit for the Bisping win. Fact: Bisping was on a 5 fight win streak with four of those opponents being ranked top 10 when he beat them. Fedor didn’t have a rankled win after the age of 32.

So long to MMAs best and fairest.

Sucks to see him go but happy he went out on a high note.

No, you literally said winning is what matters, everything else is secondary.

So again by your own logic

Khabib > gsp

I was going to give you a serious response, but now understand why the other posters trash you ITT. Go away troll.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Deal wit it

Truth hurts lol you can tell me Jon KTFO of DC and I'll agree because I have eyes and I saw it.

But is it a win or did it open our eyes to his cheating

<24>

Truth hurts. Not only is he a bad person, he's a bad cheater. "Everyone is on them" yet it's him over and over and not "everyone"

<28>

Uh, no. Losses count against you. Sorry, but that’s the equivalent of saying had GSP fought 3 more times after Hendricks and lost all of them, his career would be the same as it is now. Absolutely absurd.

And it’s complete crap to not give him major credit for the Bisping win. Fact: Bisping was on a 5 fight win streak with four of those opponents being ranked top 10 when he beat them. Fedor didn’t have a rankled win after the age of 32.

4 of those were decision (2 in uk) n all 4 could’ve gone either way.

Now it’s not like he faced many top guys (outside of fluke Luke ko) in that 5 fight win streak

Gsp beat him and faced stronger opposition than matt did

Yeah but I wasn't arguing that lol I was just trying to find a 10 fight finish streak at WW

Edit: I've been supporting GSP the whole time lol

4 of those were decision (2 in uk) n all 4 could’ve gone either way.

Now it’s not like he faced many top guys (outside of fluke Luke ko) in that 5 fight win streak

There are no "fluke" KOs

Have you never thrown a punch?
You aim, it hits, they go out. No luck. No fluke.

Truth hurts lol you can tell me Jon KTFO of DC and I'll agree because I have eyes and I saw it.

But is it a win or did it open our eyes to his cheating

<24>

Truth hurts. Not only is he a bad person, he's a bad cheater. "Everyone is on them" yet it's him over and over and not "everyone"

<28>

Truth really hurts..okay buddy

<DCrying>

There's only one GOAT. Save the useless post. I didn't even read all that shit
<JonesLaugh>

There are no "fluke" KOs

Have you never thrown a punch?
You aim, it hits, they go out. No luck. No fluke.

So if some random bum faces prime mike Tyson closes his eyes swings wildly, hits him on the chin n ko him, were supposed to believe it’s not a fluke?

We can’t assume Tyson didn’t take him seriously n that something like that will not happen again no matter how many types they try?

That’s as idiotic as putting all your money on 00 in a roulette n if you win, act as it wasn’t luck cause you meant to do it.

I was going to give you a serious response, but now understand why the other posters trash you ITT. Go away troll.

So I just exposed your flawed logic n now you got mad?

This is hilarious

Who has 10 first rd kos and subs at ww?

Fighter a is 11 - 2 in title fights with 9 finishes

Fighter b is 14 - 2 in title fights with 4 finishes

Which fighter was more dominant during the title run?

Back