Media GSP Retirement - Twitter Reactions (Dana, RDA, Overeem, Cyborg etc..)

Probably the best to ever do it

Not only one of the best to ever compete in MMA but one of the sports best role models as well.

I've got nothing but respect for the bloke. Enjoy retirement.

GSP bless. One of the best ever and a true pioneer of the sport. I have a lot of good memories of his fights.

I've watched MMA since the Pride days with a couple of my friends (who are casuals). I think the most hyped up I've ever seen my group of friends be at the end of a fight was during GSP vs Bisping. I think the finish had everyone going crazy. I hadn't seen something like that since Wanderlei finished Jardine among my friends.

He is the GOAT. Faced way tougher opponents than Jones or Fedor ever did. WW division has always been stacked.

Please god, let this be a negotiation tactic for a Khabib fight. I don’t even believe in god. But I’ll concert if this match comes to fruition.
If it was anyone but gsp, I’d think that may be the case.

But the way he is, I’m pretty sure this is for real, he’s done for good now.

More time to travel with his tennis player g/f and bang away.

Can’t be mad at him.

Taking the belt at a weight class up is the way to do your last fight for sure.

He wanted the 55 belt too badly, have three belts in three weightclasses in ufc, has never been done before and probubaly never will be done.

Dana robbed us of that for sure.

I used to watch the sport sporadically here and there, but I never followed it like I do now, until I saw UFC 46 with GSP vs Karo. After that fight I became a huge fan of GSP and I've been a hardcore mma fan ever since. GSP basically brought me in to this sport, so it's hard to believe it's the end of his career. I remember I used to download his fights on kazaa or whatever and re-watch them over and over when he was like 6-0. He had so many good fights over the years, and no other fighter has given me that same feeling of anticipation before a bout. I was always so hyped and nervous before a GSP fight.

He also represented Canada well. He trained hard, learned every discipline, did all the right things and took his career seriously to earn his spot in history. He never had any shortcuts to the title, and he always fought the best guys in the division. He also fought these guys at a time when they were all peaking and at their best, which is what makes his run even more impressive. When GSP came back to fight Bisping it was the first time in a long time where I was genuinely hyped. I don't think there will ever be another fighter who gives me that same feeling before a fight.

I'm just glad he went out on top, and I think if anyone deserves to be called the GOAT, it's GSP.

Really sad , when I started watching mma . Him and rampage jackson were the first i really got into, hope he has a great life always a legend and goat

Respect to GSP dudes a legend.

The videos...

Amazing.

GOAT.

What ever shall we do now that the goats gone. He was ever so active and always faced the toughest competitors out there! Always willing to pass the torch win loose or draw.

Pfttt

Have followed GSP since his TKO days and just a pleasure to witness his rise into GOAT status.
A sad day for true mma fans

Top 2 all-time favourite MMA fighters.

I don't like many of the top guys in MMA today so it is making it harder to enjoy being a fan.

Long live the king!

Class Act. Reigned over his Division for a decade; a division full of great fighters. Most Wins in Tittle fights in UFC history. He defended against everyone during his WW reign and was so good he made it look easy. He avenged his only 2 losses with authority and conviction. When his heart wasn’t in it for various personal issues that are well documented, he still won his last fight before his initial retirement beating a PED user. After a lengthy 4 year layoff a rusty GSP battling colitis still took out the MW Champ for the tittle. With his resume it’s hard to argue against him being the GOAT; most wins against top 5 ranked fighters, most tittle defences, only 2 losses which were avenged in brutal fashion. He was also a great sportsmanship and advocated for stricter drug testing throughout his career. A True Champion. He was pretty much the perfect fighter. The Greatest of All Time, “The Rush” Georges St. Pierre.

Back