Media GSP Retirement - Twitter Reactions (Dana, RDA, Overeem, Cyborg etc..)

UFC Welterweight Champions

Matt Hughes
BJ Penn (lickin that blood off the gloves)
Johny Hendricks (roidin whiner)
Tyron Woodley (nothing further needed)
Colby Covington (ditto)

Four words: Jes Full O' Class

but please, feel free to continue your tantrum.

So GSP was a "breath of fresh air" from Hendricks, Woodley, and Covington... who came after him?

I just wanted to see the mental gymnastics you'd do to keep from admitting to yourself and everyone else that your unhealthy obsession with Conor snuck into this GSP retirement thread.

And I must say, I am thoroughly imprezzed with your performance.

So GSP was a "breath of fresh air" from Hendricks, Woodley, and Covington... who came after him?

I just wanted to see the mental gymnastics you'd do to keep from admitting to yourself and everyone else that your unhealthy obsession with Conor snuck into this GSP retirement thread.

And I must say, I am thoroughly imprezzed with your performance.
who keeps bringing conor up? looks like the obsession is on the other side.

anyway the point is / was - gsp was a classy guy in a sport where classy champs are more the exception than the norm. bringing up another exception like carlos newton repeatedly isn't really doing much.

this is getting old but since you like to argue, go right ahead. i'll let you continue on your own.

who keeps bringing conor up? looks like the obsession is on the other side.

anyway the point is / was - gsp was a classy guy in a sport where classy champs are more the exception than the norm. bringing up another exception like carlos newton repeatedly isn't really doing much.

this is getting old but since you like to argue, go right ahead. i'll let you continue on your own.

lol That's rich. And I'd quit too if I were you. Considering this post from you is on the first page of the "Strip Khabib" thread.

well, dammit if no one else will do it.....

conor sucks.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
lol That's rich. And I'd quit to if I were you. Considering this post from u is on the first page of the "Strip Khabib" thread.

giphy.gif
i actually posted that for you sweetie (not kidding) - just to rile you up some more. i knew you'd be following my every move. yes i'm that sexy.

He has been retired since 2013

One of the few legends whose legacy hasn't been tarnished. Nothing but respect

War Rush!

Thanks for everything GSP, you deserve your retirement but one last fight against Khabib would have been the perfect ending

giphy.gif

Almost time for me to stop following MMA. Once Cerrone retires that'll be it for me.

It was great to watch his career.

He's a great martial artist and one of the best to ever do it.

I hope they work something out and we get to see him fight again though.

An honour really. The way he carried himself. The respect he always showed. I don't know how long you've been a fan, but I was able to watch, and enjoy his entire career in the UFC. I was too young to appreciate Wayne Gretzky's career, or Michael Jordan's. Never even got to watch Babe Ruth or Muhammad Ali. But I got to follow GSP's career very closely. Every fight in the UFC. Live three times. Sad I will never see him fight again, happy he went out as the best ever.

Last edited:
This guy was a great balance of class, confidence, drawing power, and fighting ability.

He’s definitely one of a kind, and I’ve always been a fan.

Biggest draw who didn't need to talk shit to sell a fight. Pure class wish him the best!

So he retires with all losses avenged, in the case of Matt Hughes, twice.

It was just amazing how dominant he was in what is arguably the toughest division in MMA . It's a once in a lifetime kind of athelete and Im not talking about Ronda

I remember when he fought Karo, in a hell of a fight. Damn, we getting old...

Back