Media GSP Retirement - Twitter Reactions (Dana, RDA, Overeem, Cyborg etc..)

such a breath of fresh air to have a classy champ. the anti-mcgregor.

lol wat

He was before Conor. How is he the "breath of fresh air"?

Admit it. You couldn't not mention Conor. You're sick and you need help. But first, you have to admit it.

He was taking a break, never officially retired. There was always the possibility of him fighting again, not anymore. He's officially done.

This is my thought as well. GSP doesn’t play like that. Unless Dana met GSP’s terms he would have stayed away permanently after 2013. Dana can’t hurt GSP. All he’s done is disrespect him.

GSP doesn’t play games.

gotta respect the man. Not my favourite fighter of all time, but he had a pretty good run, avenged all his losses and took on all comers in his reign. yeah after that he started pick and choose, but he really took on the best. definetely one of the very best to ever do it.

Retire from MMA, saddle up and become a full time alien hunter archaeologist!

most of the others haven't been so great either.

So was he a "breath of fresh air" from Matt Hughes, or Carlos Newton? Cuz the "breath of fresh air" comes after the unfresh air.

Come on bro. We can't help you until you're ready to help yourself.

I was a fan of GSP before I officially started watching UFC, and knew him from his role of Batroc from Captain America, it's to this day still the most entertaining fight scene I've seen in a Marvel movie, and probably watched that scene alone a thousand times(not joking).

On a more MMA related note, going to watch GSP fight at UFC 217 was my first live UFC Event in my 1 year of watching the sport. I was excited to see him comeback and capture gold. I made a spontaneous decision to support a fighter I viewed as one of the very best, and brought tickets the day of the fight.

It was an amazing experience, and witnessing him win was the second most emotional moment watching the sport.

I have respect for GSP and do regard him as the greatest Welterweight of all time, and Top 3 overall greatest Mixed Martial Artists, it's unfortunate to see him go, but I can't really hold it against him either, he gave the sport his best years and helped the sport before Conor.

Respect to GSP.

gsp-second-thoughts.jpg

Last edited:
LOL yes??? i suggest you read that man's book and then come back when you're finished.

You don't have a problem.

You didn't find a way to inject Conor into the thread.

Carlos Newton wasn't everything GSP was, before GSP, even Canadian.

Plenty of other champions weren't regarded as classy respectful martial artists of their time before GSP.

And I'll finally understand all of this once I finish Matt Hughes's book. Thank you.

You don't have a problem.

You didn't find a way to inject Conor into the thread.

Carlos Newton wasn't everything GSP was, before GSP, even Canadian.

Plenty of other champions weren't regarded as classy respectful martial artists of their time before GSP.

And I'll finally understand all of this once I finish Matt Hughes's book. Thank you.
don't worry - we'll pretend you didn't mention matt hughes in there.

GOAT, class act, impeccable resume.

He will be missed, but glad he retired on top.

don't worry - we'll pretend you didn't mention matt hughes in there.

UFC Welterweight Champions prior to GSP

Pat Miletich
Carlos Newton
Matt Hughes
BJ Penn

One word: Classless

UFC Welterweight Champions prior to GSP

Pat Miletich
Carlos Newton
Matt Hughes
BJ Penn

One word: Classless
UFC Welterweight Champions

Matt Hughes
BJ Penn (lickin that blood off the gloves)
Johny Hendricks (roidin whiner)
Tyron Woodley (nothing further needed)
Colby Covington (ditto)

Four words: Jes Full O' Class

but please, feel free to continue your tantrum.

Back