GSP = Lennox Lewis = Overcame both losses

GSP left at the right time and so did Lewis

Honestly nobody really cares about Lewis anymore. He was a boring and incredibly arrogant champion in between the Holyfield and Tyson era. He beat them both, but few seemed to give him credit for those wins. Tyson is revered today as a godly ex-champion. Who fucking talks about Lennox Lewis??

I think so too. The two rounds Hendricks won were the most dominant of the fight, but according to the rules you score per round.

Hendricks clearly won two rounds

GSP won 3 very close rounds.

This. A lot of people seem to think that the 2 rounds that Hendricks won are worth more than the 3 rounds that GSP won, but that is not how the scoring works.

Lewis was getting out-boxed by Vitali before it was stopped, and he then retired as everyone was clamoring for a rematch.

Definitely some similarities in both of their records.

Only that Lewis was almost 40, fat and way out of shape.
But damn, that uppercut heard around the world though.

Lennox-Vitale was a great fight to bad the ref had to stop it

This. A lot of people seem to think that the 2 rounds that Hendricks won are worth more than the 3 rounds that GSP won, but that is not how the scoring works.

No what people think is that GSP had 3 closer rounds go his way, he did edge the 5th IMHO but the 1st was for me edged by Hendricks and the 3rd a pickem.

I don't know anything about Lennox except that he was a boxer, but was he a decision machine, too?

I don't know anything about Lennox except that he was a boxer, but was he a decision machine, too?

Lewis had 32 KO's in 41 wins and had legit one punch KO power in both hands, his uppercut was probably the most vicious seen in the heavyweight division. In no way was Lewis boring and he had highlight reel KO's against the likes of, Rahman (2nd fight) Tyson, Golota, Grant, Morrison, Ruddock, Briggs and Weaver. He also had solid wins over the likes of, Holyfield, Biggs, Akinwande, Mason and Mercer.

His fight V Vitali he was clearly unmotivated and a little out of shape and he blew the first 3 rounds V Vitali, the 4th was closer and the 5th and 6th he was coming on and Vitali was starting to slow a little and in both the 5th and particularly the 6th Lewis landed the huge uppercuts that were starting to break Vitali's face apart. This wasnt Lewis finest performance but even on a bad night an ageing Lewis still outlasted and brutalised the face of a younger, hungry challenger in Vitali.

Lewis on his day was a beast and one of the greatest heavyweights in history although he was prone to concentration lapses and taking some opponents lightly (see, McCall and Rahman losses) and he could be hit and hurt but this did make him an exciting fighter to watch, he was also very dangerous when you tagged him as Shannon Briggs and Micheal Grant found out.

Back