GSP = Lennox Lewis = Overcame both losses

richomma

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
GSP overcame the loss puzzle. Overcame the losses to Hughes and Serra.

Yet history attacked him for his safety first approach.

Interesting parallell.

He didn't overcome the loss to Hendricks though.

trolololol

Unfortunately, Hughes didn't stop fighting in the rematches and walk around the octagon crying for no reason.

Interesting parallell.

trolololol

This is a good point. I was rooting for GSP and thought he lost it. :wink:

This is a good point. I was rooting for GSP and thought he lost it. :wink:

It all came down to the 1st round in that fight, whoever you think won that - won the match.

It all came down to the 1st round in that fight, whoever you think won that - won the match.

Georges won round one.

I thought GSP had probably lost a decision, while watching it live, but after a second viewing, I honestly think Georges won the fight.

Georges won round one.

I thought GSP had probably lost a decision, while watching it live, but after a second viewing, I honestly think Georges won the fight.

I think so too. The two rounds Hendricks won were the most dominant of the fight, but according to the rules you score per round.

Hendricks clearly won two rounds

GSP won 3 very close rounds.

Interesting parallell.

trolololol

Lewis was getting out-boxed by Vitali before it was stopped, and he then retired as everyone was clamoring for a rematch.

Definitely some similarities in both of their records.

Unfortunately, Hughes didn't stop fighting in the rematches and walk around the octagon crying for no reason.

I remember that, Oliver McCall I think. I felt bad for that guy, he probably lost a big bet to the mafia and they were going to kill him family.

Lewis was getting out-boxed by Vitali before it was stopped, and he then retired as everyone was clamoring for a rematch.

Quality first post, wow. I agree. I had Vitali ahead, but it was stopped in round 4 i think because of a cut? He shoulda done the rematch.

I was going to post the same thing. I have actually discussed the similarities of these careers to my friends in the past. They both beat everyone in their generation and then one big one from the next generation. The only difference IMO is that GSP was expected to lose to Hughes the first time and was supposed to walk over Serra but Lewis was expected to win both of his losses. They both walked off into the sunset barely winning their last match.

Avenging losses is a superficial stat that people only care about if it supports their favourite fighter's claim to greatness.

GSP is like Floyd, a legitimate all time great, but one who will inevitably fall down the list due to having a saftey first anti fighting mindset.

The true legends put it all on the line.

Avenging losses is a superficial stat that people only care about if it supports their favourite fighter's claim to greatness.

This isn't team sports.

In fight sports where your career trajectory is literally based on wins and losses, avenging a loss is very much a genuine stat.

Back