GSP is skill for skill the best MMA fighter ever

Yeah, remember his sweet arm bar on Hardy.

Roy depended on his athleticism as much as any fighter who has ever lived. You try pulling typically rjj shit when you've lost a step and Tarver/Johnson type shit is gonna happen.

There is also the fact he probably did illicit shit to get to the weight he was in the Ruiz fight and once he got there dehydrating to get back down destroyed his ability to take a shot.

RJJ was like 60% athleticism. Guys like him are amazing, but fall off fast and hard.

1.Jon Jones
2.Anderson Silva
3.Demetrius Johnson
4.Jose Aldo
5.GSP

Top 5 best ever imo

So I disagree TS

GSP is a lonely #1 in WW history but i would still take Jones over any LHW in history before i would take GSP against any WW in history.

I wish GSP had fought in the current WW division, there is some exciting match ups for a Prime GSP. GSP vs Wonderboy would be bananas.

When arguing for any of these guys against the others it always gets nitpicky and comes down to opinion, but good points

as far as GSP against the current WWs I struggle to imagine a world where he doesn't make Maia and Woodley look bad and where a Wonderboy fight doesn't look like 25 minutes of the first round of Wonderboy/Woodley. And that's not a knock on any of those guys, I think they're all awesome - I just acutally think GSP was that good

1.Jon Jones
2.Anderson Silva
3.Demetrius Johnson
4.Jose Aldo
5.GSP

Top 5 best ever imo

So I disagree TS

Fedor fans better not see this or you are fucked lmao

Roy depended on his athleticism as much as any fighter who has ever lived. You try pulling typically rjj shit when you've lost a step and Tarver/Johnson type shit is gonna happen.

There is also the fact he probably did illicit shit to get to the weight he was in the Ruiz fight and once he got there dehydrating to get back down destroyed his ability to take a shot.

brb crying over RJJ's fall

Fedor fans better not see this or you are fucked lmao

Idgaf, I love Fedor but his resume is overrated as fuck

Not bad, it's great actually, just overrated. Putting him over the 5 I did is a disservice to the 5 guys I mentioned. If they want to get mad let them

When arguing for any of these guys against the others it always gets nitpicky and comes down to opinion, but good points

as far as GSP against the current WWs I struggle to imagine a world where he doesn't make Maia and Woodley look bad and where a Wonderboy fight doesn't look like 25 minutes of the first round of Wonderboy/Woodley. And that's not a knock on any of those guys, I think they're all awesome - I just acutally think GSP was that good

I do agree GSP dominates them all lol. Wonderboy is a very complex fight to think about but GSP was so ridiculously good and tecnhical when it came to mix it up his striking and grappling that i have a hard time not seeing Wonderboy getting thrown off by it.

minowaman.jpg

Yeah I still have my rankings go like
Anderson
GSP, Fedor, Jones
Mighty Mouse
Aldo
Cruz

But a lot of that is fandom and BS on my part.

But skill for skill, against his contemporaries? There was a stretch of time after the Serra fight where GSP did not lose a single ROUND in the UFC, I think there was debatably one round against Kos that he lost (probably the third maybe? Can't remember which round that was where he got a takedown on GSP), but aside from that
He won every round, against every fighter he fought, was never in trouble, was never takendown, and it wasn't close.

Streak broke when he fought Shields iirc due to an eyepoke. Then of course Condit stole a round off him with a head kick (ARGUABLY because he still won that round in my eyes) , and he lost two rounds to Hendricks (arguably three).

That's absolutely ridiculous.
jones is 23-0 tho

Idgaf, I love Fedor but his resume is overrated as fuck

Not bad, it's great actually, just overrated. Putting him over the 5 I did is a disservice to the 5 guys I mentioned. If they want to get mad let them

He fought the best HW`s of his Era and beat the shit out of them all but yeah he also fought a shit ton of cans, PRIDE FC for ya lol

Just my opinion, my top 5 GOAT list:

1-Jon Jones
2-Anderson Silva
3-Fedor
4-GSP
5-Aldo

Cruz and Demetrious right there to take almost any place honestly.

Well it's definitely GSP, Jones, Mighty Mouse or Anderson.

That's my top 4 all time not necessarily in order.

I agree, IMO:
GSP: great wrestling, good BJJ, great fight IQ, decent striking
MM: Probably the closest to GSP, the difference is WW is stronger than FLW
Jones: Huge reach advantage, imagine GSP with that advantage, not KO power for a LHW
Anderson: 0 wrestling skills, good TDD tho

Yeah, but he fights at super hluk so it's not fair

jones is 23-0 tho
yeah, I'm nitpicky though.
I'm probably devaluing Jones' career because of the personal stuff and the fact that he's still active, which I can admit isn't particularly fair. If he retired today and never fought again AND I hadn't heard about his DUIs and cocaine ( I don't reallly care about USADA roids), I'd probably say he was the best ever. Which doesn't make sense, but it is what it is

Speaking of Hughes, arm bars and GSP...

resize

Still one of the greatest subs in MMA history. Far-side armbar off of a kimura counter?
<{pray-uh}>

I like the topic of Hughes, armbars and GSP though
gsparmbarshughes.gif

Sometimes you just gotta show the who is boss

Yeah, but he fights at super hluk so it's not fair

yeah, I'm nitpicky though.
I'm probably devaluing Jones' career because of the personal stuff and the fact that he's still active, which I can admit isn't particularly fair. If he retired today and never fought again AND I hadn't heard about his DUIs and cocaine ( I don't reallly care about USADA roids), I'd probably say he was the best ever. Which doesn't make sense, but it is what it is
at least youre honest

Back