GSP is skill for skill the best MMA fighter ever

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Yeah I said it

My life on the line, If I had to take one fighter against any MMA fighter in their weight class (ignoring BW and FLW because they're relatively new/thin), past or present - I'd take Prime GSP over any welterweight who has ever lived
Over Jones against any LHW, or Silva against any MW, or Fedor against any HW

There's not a welterweight who has ever done it that would be even money or favored over GSP. He beats them all. He's so far, historically, above any WW ever it's hard to imagine anyone even touching his legacy there (@DS7 )

Most disrespected all time great in history
<{boneytears}>

Xnpx8kl.jpg

I used to have Fedor, Silva, GSP and Jones as the all time greats. With AS and Jones getting popped, GSP and Fedor looking good on top.

A lot of people hate on GSP, but he made elite fighters look like amateurs.

You're right, i just find his style boring as fuck and don't miss him one bit.

Well it's definitely GSP, Jones, Mighty Mouse or Anderson.

That's my top 4 all time not necessarily in order.

I used to have Fedor, Silva, GSP and Jones as the all time greats. With AS and Jones getting popped, GSP and Fedor looking good on top.

A lot of people hate on GSP, but he made elite fighters look like amateurs.
Yeah I still have my rankings go like
Anderson
GSP, Fedor, Jones
Mighty Mouse
Aldo
Cruz

But a lot of that is fandom and BS on my part.

But skill for skill, against his contemporaries? There was a stretch of time after the Serra fight where GSP did not lose a single ROUND in the UFC, I think there was debatably one round against Kos that he lost (probably the third maybe? Can't remember which round that was where he got a takedown on GSP), but aside from that
He won every round, against every fighter he fought, was never in trouble, was never takendown, and it wasn't close.

Streak broke when he fought Shields iirc due to an eyepoke. Then of course Condit stole a round off him with a head kick (ARGUABLY because he still won that round in my eyes) , and he lost two rounds to Hendricks (arguably three).

That's absolutely ridiculous.

On individual skillet and attribute? Comon. Penn easily...Skill for skill an undeniable monster on top of having insane natural proclivities for fight sport.

GSP is GOAT he has it all, standing, wrestling , jits at the highest level and a friendly likeable personality.
There isn't a WW at history that could beat GSP. he is like doomsday he can't be beat the same way twice. serra koed him and hughes subbed him so he can now only loose via decision, good luck with that esp if the fights in Canada.

He beat Condit and Hendricks by the skin of his teeth.

He got out before he went the way of Anderson.

Yeah I said it

My life on the line, If I had to take one fighter against any MMA fighter in their weight class (ignoring BW and FLW because they're relatively new/thin), past or present - I'd take Prime GSP over any welterweight who has ever lived

There's not a welterweight who has ever done it that would be even money or favored over GSP. He beats them all. He's so far, historically, above any WW ever it's hard to imagine anyone even touching his legacy there (@DS7 )

<{boneytears}>

Wonderboy has like 15 years ahead of him, will easily be WW GOAT <33>

Btw, Jones against ANY MAN ON THIS FUCKING PLANET LHW, HW, SUPER HW...He beats the living shit out of them all
jones-fake-smile-gif.181239

jones-fake-smile-gif.181239

#BonesBless

He beat Condit and Hendricks by the skin of his teeth.
He beat Condit 50-45 on two scorecards.

Hendricks was a nail biter though.

On individual skillet and attribute? Comon. Penn easily...Skill for skill an undeniable monster on top of having insane natural proclivities for fight sport.

That's the age old debate, and requires that we acknowledge the existence of 'motivated BJ Penn"
I think preparation is a skill though, so I give the nod to GSP in this one

I can appreciate the idea that Penn on his very best night MIGHT be the best fighter ever (#postivebalancebless). Still though, GSP is tried, tested and proven.

Yeah I said it

<{boneytears}>
I agree, and I think prime Matt Hughes is second as far as WW goes

Btw, Jones against ANY MAN ON THIS FUCKING PLANET LHW, HW, SUPER HW...He beats the living shit out of them all
Given how much of a size advantage Jones enjoys at LHW, I'd have to see him at HW with clean tests first before I decide whether he's actually capable of being a top-flight HW.

Back