GSP is skill for skill the best MMA fighter ever

He fought the best HW`s of his Era and beat the shit out of them all but yeah he also fought a shit ton of cans, PRIDE FC for ya lol

Just my opinion, my top 5 GOAT list:

1-Jon Jones
2-Anderson Silva
3-Fedor
4-GSP
5-Aldo

Cruz and Demetrious right there to take almost any place honestly.

I want to emphasize that I think Fedor has a great resume. It just doesn't compare to the modern GOATS imo

That is a solid list overall. MMA isn't like what it was 5-7 years ago where there was a consensus 2 or 3 people who are GOAT candidates. I think there are 7 fighters you can LEGIT argue towards being GOAT. (In no order)

Anderson
GSP
Fedor
Jones
Aldo
Cruz
DJ

Who you think it is ultimately is based on your own bias. Anyone who claims "x" fighter is GOAT hands down is a blind fanboy who shouldn't be taken seriously

Still one of the greatest subs in MMA history. Far-side armbar off of a kimura counter?
<{pray-uh}>

I like the topic of Hughes, armbars and GSP though
gsparmbarshughes.gif

Sometimes you just gotta show the who is boss

Hardy...

I want to emphasize that I think Fedor has a great resume. It just doesn't compare to the modern GOATS imo

That is a solid list overall. MMA isn't like what it was 5-7 years ago where there was a consensus 2 or 3 people who are GOAT candidates. I think there are 7 fighters you can LEGIT argue towards being GOAT. (In no order)

Anderson
GSP
Fedor
Jones
Aldo
Cruz
DJ

Who you think it is ultimately is based on your own bias. Anyone who claims "x" fighter is GOAT hands down is a blind fanboy who shouldn't be taken seriously

100% agree

But Jones is the GOAT bro, believe me <33>

I agree, IMO:
GSP: great wrestling, good BJJ, great fight IQ, decent striking
MM: Probably the closest to GSP, the difference is WW is stronger than FLW
Jones: Huge reach advantage, imagine GSP with that advantage, not KO power for a LHW
Anderson: 0 wrestling skills, good TDD tho
jones: great wrestling, good bjj, great fight IQ, good striking, iron chin, KO power, never lost
gsp: chinny, bested twice, no KO power

May the platinum goat have mercy on your soul

#platinumbless

Anderson
GSP
Fedor
Jones
Aldo
Cruz
DJ

My top guys go
Anderson
GSP, Fedor, Jones
Mighty Mouse
Aldo
Cruz

If I'm FORCED to rank them it goes

1. Anderson
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Fedor
5. MM
6. Aldo (until he defends a few times at FW OR wins a fight at LW, then he's back up with the big boys)
7. Dom

But the argument is very subjective and I think it just matters what you value
Like I still think GSP is on an island as far as all time great welterweights go, there is no one that even comes close except Hughes who GSP is 2-1 against
But there's something about spectacle that pushes Jones further, plus never losing
And Anderson, for my money, is the greatest who ever did it based on the fact that he could be losing every moment of a fight and STILL win - and he did it more than once. That's greatness, it didn't matter what the style match up was or how far behind he was, he could beat any of his contemporaries when you blinked - and winning despite being flawed is what greatness is all about.

Still think GSP skill for skill is the best though.
Jones comes close in my head, Aldo comes close too. DJ and Dom not far behind.

he's one of the goats, but Fedor and anderson have credible claims too

Oh you mean the guy that was staring up at the lights for 25 minutes?

Who am I kidding,

I can't shit on Hardy

#TheOutlawBless

TKD kicks and left hooks is all I need in life

I think that, P4P, Jose Aldo is the most skilled fighter in MMA history.

Not a huge fan of the dude, but I think he is.

My top guys go
Anderson
GSP, Fedor, Jones
Mighty Mouse
Aldo
Cruz

If I'm FORCED to rank them it goes

1. Anderson
2. Jones
3. GSP
4. Fedor
5. MM
6. Aldo (until he defends a few times at FW OR wins a fight at LW, then he's back up with the big boys)
7. Dom

But the argument is very subjective and I think it just matters what you value
Like I still think GSP is on an island as far as all time great welterweights go, there is no one that even comes close except Hughes who GSP is 2-1 against
But there's something about spectacle that pushes Jones further, plus never losing
And Anderson, for my money, is the greatest who ever did it based on the fact that he could be losing every moment of a fight and STILL win - and he did it more than once. That's greatness, it didn't matter what the style match up was or how far behind he was, he could beat any of his contemporaries when you blinked - and winning despite being flawed is what greatness is all about.

Still think GSP skill for skill is the best though.
Jones comes close in my head, Aldo comes close too. DJ and Dom not far behind.

Anderson was my GOAT for a long time because I remember every fight with him was an absolute spectacle. Like you KNEW something crazy was going to happen. Whether it be a crazy Matrix highlight KO or him creating controversy by taunting or fucking around. But he ALWAYS won. The fact that he has the all time title defense record solidified it for me

Over the last few years though I, reluctantly, acknowledged Jones as the best fighter we ever seen. He became my official GOAT when he beat DC. That fight was too impressive to deny him anymore. Especially considering he (assuming he doesn't fuck shit up) has his entire 30s left.

Oh you mean the guy that was staring up at the lights for 25 minutes?

Who am I kidding,

I can't shit on Hardy

#TheOutlawBless

TKD kicks and left hooks is all I need in life

Longest. Arm. Bar. Attempt. Ever. :D

I think that Aldo is the most skilled overall, but GSP has the best record in MMA. Almost everyone he beat looked great at the time.

Last edited:
Speaking of GOAT`s. Everyone is pretty much on the same page about 7 guys (Jones, Fedor, Anderson, Cruz, DJ, GSP, Aldo) but how about the top 10? Do you guys have your other 3 choices? One guy that for example will not have the legacy to support this claim but i would probably put him in my all time list would be Cormier. Conor is there too depending on his next 2 fights.

There are guys who IMO are more skilled than GSP but what he has over those guys is a Fight IQ that was off the charts.

It's one thing to have skill and athleticism, there are plenty of guys who have both. You need the fight IQ to utilize them to their full capabilities. And GSP had a fantastic mind for combat.

He beat Condit and Hendricks by the skin of his teeth.

He got out before he went the way of Anderson.
He beat condit every round.

And he was knocked down in a round too. Just shows you how dominant gsp is.

Speaking of GOAT`s. Everyone is pretty much on the same page about 7 guys (Jones, Fedor, Anderson, Cruz, DJ, GSP, Aldo) but how about the top 10? Do you guys have your other 3 choices? One guy that for example will not have the legacy to support this claim but i would probably put him in my all time list would be Cormier. Conor is there too depending on his next 2 fights.
No order
GSP, Jones, Fedor, Anderson, DC, DJ, Minowaman, Aldo, BJ, Hughes,

Last edited:
My top 5 goats, in order:

Platinum Mike Perry

Fedor

Anderson

Jones

GSP

Oh com'on, unlimited rounds and he loses to everyone

No order
GSP, Jones, Fedor, Anderson, Dom, DJ, Cruz, Aldo, BJ, Hughes,
Like the P4P list, most of the time the GOAT order is too arbitrary/subjective in the end. Right now, there is no GOAT, there are only GOATs.

Back