GSP is skill for skill the best MMA fighter ever

Your point of picking prime GSP over any other WW that ever fought, more than Jones over any LHW, Andy over any MW or Fedor over any HW is pretty compelling, never thought of it this way!

Says even more considering WW has historically been the deepest division.

Wonderboy has like 15 years ahead of him, will easily be WW GOAT <33>

Btw, Jones against ANY MAN ON THIS FUCKING PLANET LHW, HW, SUPER HW...He beats the living shit out of them all

lmfao

Jon Jones is difficult to not pick, because he's absolutely sensational and we've talked about this before. I think he probably WILL be the best ever - just a matter of opinion. But at his best GSP is so far above the WW field it's ridiculous. People can make legit arguments from Rumble, Gus and DC being very live dogs against Jones - Gus took him to the wire at his peak. It comes down to proving it, any combination of two wins over Gus, DC and Rumble puts Jones ahead of anyone else for me.

The only WW you can make that argument against for GSP is Hendricks for me.

I have solid appreciation for all the GOAT contenders though, they each bring something different that supports their argument

Given how much of a size advantage Jones enjoys at LHW, I'd have to see him at HW with clean tests first before I decide whether he's actually capable of being a top-flight HW.

Yeah right. It`s not like he didn`t dominated a guy who was destroying HW`s or anything. Keep telling that to yourself buddeh.

Also big lol at those "size advantage" comments, why you don`t say that about Gustafsson or Antonhy Johnson?

He beat Condit 50-45 on two scorecards.

Hendricks was a nail biter though.

That's the age old debate, and requires that we acknowledge the existence of 'motivated BJ Penn"
I think preparation is a skill though, so I give the nod to GSP in this one

I can appreciate the idea that Penn on his very best night MIGHT be the best fighter ever (#postivebalancebless). Still though, GSP is tried, tested and proven.

He would have lost bigly under the new rules to Hendricks.

Fedor is probably the most skilled. He beat BJJ wizards, elite strikers, and world class wrestlers in his reign.

Hendricks was a nail biter though.

That's the age old debate, and requires that we acknowledge the existence of 'motivated BJ Penn"
I think preparation is a skill though, so I give the nod to GSP in this one

I can appreciate the idea that Penn on his very best night MIGHT be the best fighter ever (#postivebalancebless). Still though, GSP is tried, tested and proven.
Well of course in practice BJ wasn't as consistent as GSP. I honestly think, all motivation aside, his record has more to do with his choice to fight much bigger top 170 fighters and is the real reason he's not in the goat discussion. His record would look a lot like GSP had he stayed at LW for his entire career with a boatload more finishes than Georges.

Yeah right. It`s not like he didn`t dominated a guy who was destroying HW`s or anything. Keep telling that to yourself buddeh.
A 36-year-old Cormier who is already in physical decline, who was destroy HWs at age 33, which is the tail end of his prime? A HW who moved down to LHW likely because he knew he was in physical decline and knew he needed the advantage of being bigger to continue winning? I mean, is age only a number to you?

Also big lol at those "size advantage" comments, why you don`t say that about Gustafsson or Antonhy Johnson?
Uh, we weren't talking about Gustafsson or Johnson, but if we were, I'd be saying the same thing.

Jon Jones and Anderson Silva are the two best fighters of all time. Neither of them was getting KOd in their prime.

Also, they're all on steroids.

To think Fedor was clean in Proid, you'd have to be crazy.

Well of course in practice BJ wasn't as consistent as GSP. I honestly think, all motivation aside, his record has more to do with his choice to fight much bigger top 170 fighters is the real reason he's not in the goat discussion. His record would look a lot like GSP had he stayed at LW for his entire career with a boatload more finishes than Georges.

I think that might be true, or at least i think it's fair to argue
I also think bloating to what 190? to fight Machida, and jumping weight classes really messed with his body. There's an argument in boxing that RJJ really fell off when he jumped weight then tried to come back down

no real evidence to back it up though

At what cost?

141_georges_st-pierre_gallery_post.0.jpg

His competition was clearly catching up to him.

Fedor is probably the most skilled. He beat BJJ wizards, elite strikers, and world class wrestlers in his reign.
I get the argument. But HW is a shit division, that's just my opinion, AND there is more than one HW fighter that I think would be a good matchup against Prime Fedor

At what cost?

141_georges_st-pierre_gallery_post.0.jpg

His competition was clearly catching up to him.

He looks like that in a lot of fights, dude bruises easy.
But I agree, my argument may have been different if he continued to fight two (?) ACL tears, wear and tear from training and getting older might have slowed him down.

lmfao

Jon Jones is difficult to not pick, because he's absolutely sensational and we've talked about this before. I think he probably WILL be the best ever - just a matter of opinion. But at his best GSP is so far above the WW field it's ridiculous. People can make legit arguments from Rumble, Gus and DC being very live dogs against Jones - Gus took him to the wire at his peak. It comes down to proving it, any combination of two wins over Gus, DC and Rumble puts Jones ahead of anyone else for me.

The only WW you can make that argument against for GSP is Hendricks for me.

I have solid appreciation for all the GOAT contenders though, they each bring something different that supports their argument

On a serious note, i do agree with you. No one comes close to GSP at 170, no one. And it will be a long ass time before someone will have an argue to be able to be in that discussion.

The thing about those argues about live dogs against Jones, he still beat 2 out of those already and we will see about Rumble. You can only make the Hendricks argue for GSP, but GSP also lost to Matt Serra while champ. Jones lever lost a single fight let alone while being champ.

GSP is a lonely #1 in WW history but i would still take Jones over any LHW in history before i would take GSP against any WW in history.

I wish GSP had fought in the current WW division, there is some exciting match ups for a Prime GSP. GSP vs Wonderboy would be bananas.

I hate him but I admit he's the most well rounded fighter ever

He beat Condit and Hendricks by the skin of his teeth.

He got out before he went the way of Anderson.

this. Not saying he wasnt great, cause he was. But his days were counted and he understood it, props to him, instead of only caring about money and not his legacy. Respect.

A 36-year-old Cormier who is already in physical decline, who was destroy HWs at age 33, which is the tail end of his prime? A HW who moved down to LHW likely because he knew he was in physical decline and knew he needed the advantage of being bigger to continue winning? I mean, is age only a number to you?

Uh, we weren't talking about Gustafsson or Johnson, but if we were, I'd be saying the same thing.

AAHAHAHAHA and the argue that Cormier wasn`t in his prime against Jones is created.

The only reason DC moved down for 205 was because of Cain, he was dominating HW`s wtf are you talking about.

I`m still waiting about the size advantage comments on Gustafsson and Rumble who cuts way more than Jones and tried to fight at MW and WW, talk about trying to get size advantage lol.

Keep trying to devalue Jon Jones buddeh
jones-fake-smile-gif.181239

#BonesBless

Given how much of a size advantage Jones enjoys at LHW, I'd have to see him at HW with clean tests first before I decide whether he's actually capable of being a top-flight HW.

DC is bigger and was doing very well at heavyweight. Jon completely outclassed him.

I think that might be true, or at least i think it's fair to argue
I also think bloating to what 190? to fight Machida, and jumping weight classes really messed with his body. There's an argument in boxing that RJJ really fell off when he jumped weight then tried to come back down

no real evidence to back it up though
Roy depended on his athleticism as much as any fighter who has ever lived. You try pulling typically rjj shit when you've lost a step and Tarver/Johnson type shit is gonna happen.

There is also the fact he probably did illicit shit to get to the weight he was in the Ruiz fight and once he got there dehydrating to get back down destroyed his ability to take a shot.

Back