GSP 'if you talk bad about the UFC you

There's simply no pleasing this guy.

Stay retired Georges. I for one do not miss your fights, not in the least.

Great, another troll hiding behind a white belt account. Oh wait I'm on Sherdog. Where else?

GSP always has been the best WW ever. He mixed skills easier at the time and is still the blueprint IMO.

He is right on all accounts.

Good thing he didn't need to STFU anymore

Money is an awesome thing: it gives you the power to say what you really think.

What gives the power to give orders and say what you think is not money but balls kid. if you keep on waiting to make money to speak you mind also be ready to get your butthole stretched real good in the process.

GSP is a legend and a true mixed martial artist. Still training with elites for his life long hobby.

There are not too many fighters who can gain so many fans by being the nice, honest, humble guy who kicks every WW ass for years. Most Martial Arts have some degree of respect and GSP was a true gentleman in a barbaric sport.

Wanderlei should take notes.

What gives the power to give orders and say what you think is not money but balls kid. if you keep on waiting to make money to speak you mind also be ready to get your butthole stretched real good in the process.

Does your boss pay you in balls? No, he pays you in money, which is why you listen.

All the balls in the world don't mean shit when you're fingerbanging your asshole on the unemployment line.

I thought it was pretty self explanatory but if you would like me to explain it a bit differently.

I you are not saying what is on your mind, because you are afraid of losing money, then you are basically a whore. Cowards keep their mouths shut and their tails between their legs. Real people stay true to themselves and speak their mind no matter what the repercussions are.

If you are leading your life in a way that you will do anything, and say anything for money. Or in this manner not say something (the truth) in order to keep money. Your life is a not your life, but your moneys life. I don't live for money, I live for me.

GSP speaks the truth.

Tim Kennedy said some stuff when he first joined the UFC, but then he did a 180 almost immediately, no doubt under pressure from the people upstairs.

Christmas Volkmann used to praise the UFC when he was there, and then suddenly opened up about how unfair it was, once he was cut.

Jon Fitch also said very little (besides that he deserved a title shot rematch) but then he had a lot to say once he was released.

Wand spoke of how great it was to be in the UFC and how great Dana was, and after he got busted, the situation got ugly really fast.

Rampage has gone back and forth depending on whether he needs the UFC or not.

The only guys who can be totally honest are the guys who don't need the UFC, guys like GSP, Randy Couture, Tito, and Fedor.
Anderson and BJ have also said some critical things and gotten away with it.
But even a great champ like Aldo is getting thrown under the bus these days, and he's STILL the champ!

Has any fighter been fired for talking shit about Reebok though ?

Another person on sherdog who isn't some money hungry, fashion show whore....Nice to meet you!

as time goes on, GSP is the fighter who I actually enjoy listening to.

Nothing unexpected there.

Just try talking bad about the company you work for in front of clients, your employers, etc, etc. See how long you remain employed.

When you're a public face of a company, you're expected to not do anything to bring disrepute upon your employer as long as you're employed. Just ask NBA players what happens if they criticize the referees. Or NFL players if they bad mouth the NFL.

People act surprised when companies act like... companies.

I think the UFC behaves more unreasonably to its fighters than most companies do to their employees. But you are spot on here. Public criticism of any company you work for is a quick way to get fired and for good reason.

ooooh nice

gsp shitting on the ufc

now i like it

Nothing unexpected there.

Just try talking bad about the company you work for in front of clients, your employers, etc, etc. See how long you remain employed.

When you're a public face of a company, you're expected to not do anything to bring disrepute upon your employer as long as you're employed. Just ask NBA players what happens if they criticize the referees. Or NFL players if they bad mouth the NFL.

People act surprised when companies act like... companies.

you get fired or supended, not fired

Has any fighter been fired for talking shit about Reebok though ?

The second the UFC isn't maximizing profit off of anyone that complained, I bet they will be the first to go. They will be the ones on the list of "surprising cuts".

Not many fighters spoke out but I have a feeling Mitrione put himself on a very short lease. If he loses his next fight, which will probably be much further apart than normal, I bet they cut him. I hope not, love watching Meathead fight but he did a lot of talking. I feel like it's only a matter of time.

GSP is the man!

Wow i wonder what the UFC apologists will say now. Every time someone voices their opinion they get burned by the UFC.

Finally a big star says something. GSP is just saying what every fighter thinks because he is already wealthy and doesnt have to be scared of the UFC.

GSP is definitely in a position where he can say whatever he wants. He has all the money he'll ever need and he's sure to still be a big star if he comes back so the UFC will still welcome him.

That said, there's been tons of people that have been fired for talking bad about employers on social media etc, so the UFC isn't doing anything out of the ordinary, regardless of whether we think this is how things should be.

The fighters need a stronger position, even if that's not gained through complaining on social media etc, and hopefully GSP can be someone that helps with that in the long run. He's respected and seems intelligent enough, so it just depends on how much work he's willing to take on as it's a huge endeavor.

Back