GSP 'if you talk bad about the UFC you

Chules

@UVEE's BESTIE 😺
@plutonium
Reaction score
[YT]RYSHPW5W8RI[/YT]

"A few years ago I didn't make as much money and it was easy for people to say, 'Oh yeah? You talk bad about us? Out. You're out. You're fired.' There are a lot of guys in the same situation; they think the same thing as me, but they don't have the power I have. I don't need this anymore; I'm happy, I'm wealthy. Maybe I would like to [fight], but I don't need it.

Gsp is the man. I like this new honest gsp

Nothing unexpected there.

Just try talking bad about the company you work for in front of clients, your employers, etc, etc. See how long you remain employed.

When you're a public face of a company, you're expected to not do anything to bring disrepute upon your employer as long as you're employed. Just ask NBA players what happens if they criticize the referees. Or NFL players if they bad mouth the NFL.

People act surprised when companies act like... companies.

Money is an awesome thing: it gives you the power to say what you really think.

Just try talking bad about the company you work for in front of clients, your employers, etc, etc. See how long you remain employed.

When you're a public face of a company, you're expected to not do anything to bring disrepute upon your employer as long as you're employed. Just ask NBA players what happens if they criticize the referees. Or NFL players if they bad mouth the NFL.

The Ufc holds a tighter leash and more control than most companies.
They want to own you and your likeness for life.

Furthermore the Ufc and Dana will drag their own fighters names through the mud, all while they cannot speak a word.
Their voiceless.

As a GSP hater for life, I respect everything GSP has done and accomplished.
I won't hesitate to say GSP may have been the hardest working fighter of all time.

He's been right about the drug testing for sometime and I am pretty sure he didn't love the way DFW treated him on his last fight.

Zuffa has to really consider how they treat the fighters, not just paying more money but the small things too. How they talk to their fighters, if they take them seriously or just blow them off. And for FFS, stop throwing people under the bus.

GSP is even being alienated and he is about as easy going and supportive as they get.

How GSP left the game and how Anderson left the game.

gsp is probably all around the best representative of mma

GSP has Eff you money. Most of us wish we had that.

Always a fan of him and very very good interview he is very relaxed and happy I am glad he is that way

Last edited:

When is the last time you saw a NBA or NHL exec claim a star lied about his medical injuries or is a quitter or any number of things Dana has said? And those leagues have unions because even your worst players are better than 99% plus.

It is true that most companies will fire you for bad mouthing them but most companies don't publicly slander their employees either. A player in a league can bad mouth the things a league does because only his team owner can release him.

The fighters really have the worst of both worlds. They are in a sport that is run by a company, which drastically changes the dynamic. Especially when as much or more of an employees income used to come from a secondary source. And then they have a company president who says things about his employees that you'd never see elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. Just saying the UFC take a unfair advantage of the relationship, slanders it's employees, and then acts insulted if anyone dares to complain and drops the hammer on them. If they are going to do that then they should at least put a muzzle on Dana. Jmo.

Fuck yeah.
Even from beyond the UFC and into quasi-retirement GSP as respectful as ever all while voicing his unfiltered opinion.

Even the bit where he calls himself boring, too funny.

GSP is the GOAT inside and outside the cage.

The Ufc holds a tighter leash and more control than most companies.
They want to own you and your likeness for life.

What corporations would allow you to talk bad about them publicly? I think UFC is actually pretty tolerant in the real world.

The welterweight division has moved on nicely in GSP's absence and is arguably more exciting because of it. He may be the welterweight goat but he is not a mythological figure like Bruce Lee or Jean Claude Van Damme. A lot of nerds on here spout nothing but superlatives about him and overinflate his contribution to the sport but even as a champion his fights lacked excitement. If Ben Askren was handsome and blandly charismatic he'd be GSP.

Back