GSP: How I spent my first Million [Video]

GSP was one of the good and bright ones.

Conor also used his opportunities well to get rich via UFC -> Floydweather .-> Pooper 12.

He made some wise choices, well aside from the Dinosaur stuff lol

somebody hook im up with Nicolas Cage - he bought useless and overpriced Dinosaur balls. They would make a good pair.

No pics of his sister ?
Sherdog disappointing here.

How the hell could you not like GSP? Having said that I can see how you couldn’t like his hair. Good on him for investing in himself. On a side note, how the hell does the internet have millions of people who stream with 1,2,3 viewers and they have better mics than the one a leading mens mag uses to film segments?

I'd be curious how well a salary for entry-level fighters would work. Pay them something slightly above the median US salary so they can train and live without needing a second job. Similar to what some fighters were selling their souls for Hans Moleman for. Might be a bit expensive, but I think it would be a good compromise to just paying out more for individual fights, and offers an investment into their prospects' career growth.

Any reason why this is a bad idea?
Because the UFC thrives off keeping fighter pay below 20 percent. So anything that pushes that won't happen. Also they need a big roster just to cover all their contractual obligations to ESPN, so that drives down individual fighter pay. Also they are paid over median salary gross, the issue is more they have expenses most Americans wouldn't have, not to mention most fighters aren't taking advantage of the tax code.

For my 2 cents: Lower card fighters don't really drive revenue, but they do need to be paid at a loss for the promoter essentially since they are investments. If all your prospects drop out because they can't afford to keep going, it hurts the sport in the long run.

In spite of recent talks and controversy about fighter pay in the UFC and it's fighters speaking out...

UFC Krazy PR Propaganda mashin sent GsP over to GQ Sports to talk about how he spent his first million dollars. Like it didn't take him damn near a decade to make it.

{<jordan}

Bush League stuff. Absolutely sickening .

He made it AFTER the Jon Fitch fight damn. That’s a long grind. 13 fights in the ufc before making a mill.

I'm not entirely sure if the UFC sent him over to do that, considering he is - correct me if i'm wrong - as of now fully independent of the UFC.
I do agree however, that videos like these might contribute to the public thinking UFC fighters earn enough, when most of them get a fraction of what they actually should be paid.

And if he lost a fight he was nearly in debt. Crazy

99.9% sure that thing on top his heads a phony,
he scalped and glued it from the backside of a pony

Their biggest stars grinding away for so long to make ends meet. Dana's a goof.

Also, 20K on fossils.

<mma4>

Summary anyone?If hookers and cocaine are not involved i am not interested!

If he got paid more, he could've afforded a proper transplant, not Bosley.
cOOSp0.gif

Because the UFC thrives off keeping fighter pay below 20 percent. So anything that pushes that won't happen. Also they need a big roster just to cover all their contractual obligations to ESPN, so that drives down individual fighter pay. Also they are paid over median salary gross, the issue is more they have expenses most Americans wouldn't have, not to mention most fighters aren't taking advantage of the tax code.

For my 2 cents: Lower card fighters don't really drive revenue, but they do need to be paid at a loss for the promoter essentially since they are investments. If all your prospects drop out because they can't afford to keep going, it hurts the sport in the long run.
<WellThere>

Pretty much nailed the reasons why it'll never happen.

<DCrying>

I think I'm coming from an idealistic stand point where fighters should get more of the revenue share, and maybe there be less events to deal with the oversaturation. But yeah, that many fresh fighters filling the time slots with the current frequency of events, it's pretty unrealistic from a business stand point.

Back