GSP: How I spent my first Million [Video]

Are condos cheap in wherever GSP lives?

I'd be curious how well a salary for entry-level fighters would work. Pay them something slightly above the median US salary so they can train and live without needing a second job. Similar to what some fighters were selling their souls for Hans Moleman for. Might be a bit expensive, but I think it would be a good compromise to just paying out more for individual fights, and offers an investment into their prospects' career growth.

Any reason why this is a bad idea?
I think its a question of risk mitigation for the ufc. There is a broad market of entry level fighters that COULD be the next GSP but very few will. The ufc can hedge on early stage talent building themselves and even gaining some notoriety on their own dime first. Easier to pick the winners when you make it hard for the losers to stick around.

Awesome video! GSP has so much to teach and is willing to teach.

So Firas has the big bucks to buy GSP a fossil tooth that ends up falling and shattering?

He made it AFTER the Jon Fitch fight damn. That’s a long grind. 13 fights in the ufc before making a mill.
Remember UFC wasn't the big money making machine when GSP first joined. They were just getting on Spike TV. PPV's weren't monthly, I think.

I'm not entirely sure if the UFC sent him over to do that, considering he is - correct me if i'm wrong - as of now fully independent of the UFC.
I do agree however, that videos like these might contribute to the public thinking UFC fighters earn enough, when most of them get a fraction of what they actually should be paid.
GSP did spell out how cheap his purses were like 3+3, then 4+4.

Remember UFC wasn't the big money making machine when GSP first joined. They were just getting on Spike TV. PPV's weren't monthly, I think.

Should have gotten a million when he beat the most dominant ufc champ in history

GSP got signed and challenged for the title in 2004, won his belt in 2006. The last year the UFC posted a loss was 2004, EBITDA was made 6.7 million in 2005, 77 million in 2006, and north of 100 million every year since.

Bottom line, GSP not getting paid wasn't because UFC wasn't making big money.

GOAT welterweight
GOAT rags to riches story
GOAT amateur paleontologist

If he stepped onto a dig site and wanted to do some brushing and excavating, who the fuck is going to stop him?

Back