GSP: How I spent my first Million [Video]

In spite of recent talks and controversy about fighter pay in the UFC and it's fighters speaking out...

UFC Krazy PR Propaganda mashin sent GsP over to GQ Sports to talk about how he spent his first million dollars. Like it didn't take him damn near a decade to make it.

{<jordan}

Bush League stuff. Absolutely sickening .

some people get mad at the craziest shit.....

I'm not entirely sure if the UFC sent him over to do that, considering he is - correct me if i'm wrong - as of now fully independent of the UFC.
I do agree however, that videos like these might contribute to the public thinking UFC fighters earn enough, when most of them get a fraction of what they actually should be paid.

He does the French Canadian commentary for the UFC— apparently they have a different team in France. Basically he’s French Bisping

<WellThere>

Pretty much nailed the reasons why it'll never happen.

<DCrying>

I think I'm coming from an idealistic stand point where fighters should get more of the revenue share, and maybe there be less events to deal with the oversaturation. But yeah, that many fresh fighters filling the time slots with the current frequency of events, it's pretty unrealistic from a business stand point.
Yeah, mma every weekend is nice, but if it's a UFC event, I expect to not see regional talent on the main card. Maybe split it off into a Challenger's series or feeder league with slightly different rules and branding, or tournaments or something. But yeah, the ESPN deal is through most of the next decade, so don't expect changes.

Yeah, with revenue share, the main thing to remember is that the UFC doesn't use the money they "save" underpaying stars to pay lower card fighters. It just goes back to WME. Any increases to fighter pay are probably going to come top down, not bottom up.

I'd be curious how well a salary for entry-level fighters would work. Pay them something slightly above the median US salary so they can train and live without needing a second job. Similar to what some fighters were selling their souls for Hans Moleman for. Might be a bit expensive, but I think it would be a good compromise to just paying out more for individual fights, and offers an investment into their prospects' career growth.

Any reason why this is a bad idea?
Sounds good to me!

Did he say he didn’t make a million dollars until he beat Fitch?
That was his 14th ufc fight and he had won the world title twice by then
Also he’s right about loaning friends money

Sucks that he lent his friends money and they refused to pay him back. Such a shame.
I respect him for putting his family first and being relatively frugal with his money as well as investing in himself. The cars he bought are not really flashy. His only big purchase really was the fossils, but everyone has their hobbies and interests.

He does the French Canadian commentary for the UFC— apparently they have a different team in France. Basically he’s French Bisping
How dare you compare him to bisping! The man has a soul.

Until he owns 10% of the real life Jurassic Park.

tumblr_nau11zhyLh1rpc5kho1_500.gif
This is already possible.

He made some wise choices, well aside from the Dinosaur stuff lol

I would imagine fossils probably hold their value (It's not like people are looking for next years model :p) so for a hobby it's probably wiser than most financially.

If he improved his English, accent and acting skills, he could probably find more roles in Hollywood.

He still sounds lowkey retarded lol

Relax, I love GSP - PAUSE - it's a joke!
He'll just need to stick to typecast roles for now. He can either be the canadian-french good guy or bad guy. His accent will be there so his roles has to match it. They can always change details in a character to fit the role.

Crazy how some people invest their excess money into expensive art and stuff. Having to wake up to shit that makes you happy while it grows in value. Me I prefer drugs, cars and hookers! That is a good investment!

But where is his jumbo jet... - Soldier Boy

Back