GSP first southpaw. Will it make a difference???

He is (an) elite fighter

On skill yes, but he has never beaten any elite fighters and has never really shown anything that suggests he will even be competitive with GSP. Every time Nick got his shot against a top WW he has lost

On skill yes, but he has never beaten any elite fighters and has never really shown anything that suggests he will even be competitive with GSP. Every time Nick got his shot against a top WW he has lost

even Daley came close to beating him
diaz_daley2vsjn.gif

Well, are you serious? It's like you haven't heard about MMA judges. :p

Judges were always trying to score round 10-9, even if they had no real idea who was winning.

Thus Sherk got two 10 because he was shooting a lot.

Realistically, fight was really close, and neither dude really did much in terms of effective offense.

Just re-watch, if you can.

Just re watched - you couldn't be more wrong.

Georgie has never fought a southpaw before, so we dont know how good his game is against him

But it makes his jab less efective for starters

And he wont be able to leg kick him into the canvas exactly like Benson did, since his rear and most powerful kick lands on the inside instead of the outside

Just check manhoef fight with robbie lawler where he kicked the crap out of his leg from the inside but he never falls down like Nate

Now im talking about the standup only, altho it may also favor the single leg over a double

Anyways, WAR Diaz!!!!!

GSP is not only one of the smartest fighters in MMA, but he is also the most prepared and he has one of the greatest coaches (Greg Jackson) in his corner.

It won't matter at all

wasn't "the terra" a southie??

Aren't southpaws more susceptible to the right cross? Georges throws that pretty well, also we might see some RHK's.

I said it before in an other thread that got moved.
GSP will likely shoot for a single leg against Diaz since this takedown is easier to get against a southpaw, but I have a feeling that Diaz will use his kimura trap if GSP gets a hold of him.
We've seen him use this move effective against Diego Sanchez and Sean Sherk where he reversed both fighters.

Because GSP is a Sean Serk or Diego Sanzhez...

:rolleyes:

GSP would know how to fight southpaws and I can guarantee he'll bring in a bunch of them to train with. He is the most diligent and calculated athlete in MMA. Always brings in the best guys to prepare with.

This. GSP will be ready.

Penn is a LW that never deserved top 10 since his only good WW win is against Matt Hughes

Daley is the most 1 dimensional fighter I can think of in recent history and got to top 10 because of a fluke win over Kampmann.........there's a reason it's been less than 2 years since he fought Diaz and he's now not even top 30

hell the only person Daley has even beaten that's other than kampmann that's still in the UFC is Duane Ludwig and he's probably going to be cut anyways

irrelevant. Someone brought up that he's "never beaten a top 10 ww", I have pointed out that it is simply not true.

irrelevant. Someone brought up that he's "never beaten a top 10 ww", I have pointed out that it is simply not true.

I think its amazing that you've posted more times in a month than I have in 8 years. Where do you find the time? You are truely a keyboard warrior.

Probably not, he's not gonna stand with him enough for it to. He will stand but Diaz probably isn't gonna knock him out with one punch, or even down.

Suggesting I didn't watch the fight? Look at my join date you schmuck, I watched the fight and Diaz lost. Nick can't handle high caliber wrestlers, if you disagree name one he's beaten.

Nick Diaz isn't an elite welterweight, BUT Sherk had a lot of trouble taking Nick down. Probably has to do with Sherk being a midget welterweight, but it's still impressive for Diaz to do that.

OTOH, Sherk outstruck him for 2 rounds despite having t-rex arms...looking back that's a really weird fight since it defies all your expectations about what SHOULD happen in a Diaz/Sherk fight.

I think its amazing that you've posted more times in a month than I have in 8 years. Where do you find the time? You are truely a keyboard warrior.

I make my living playing online poker so it's not exactly a grind having an extra window open to post the occasional comment. Also since when did you become the basis of a valid comparison? From the looks of this thread you dont have anything of value to add anyway.

By the way switching from a subject to the irrelevant topic of post count and calling me a "keyboard warrior" just serves to highlight your lack of intellect.

In honesty I've always found assessment of skill/skill set to be far more helpful than looking at records which can be deceiving. Sure elite opponents are handy to gauge the relevancy of said skillset, but ultimately I find the skills themselves are a more important factor in breaking down fights/match-ups.

With that in mind I do feel that Diaz will be competitive with GSP so I guess we should just agree to disagree before we both waste our time attempting to convince the other of our subjective opinion.

Georgie has never fought a southpaw before, so we dont know how good his game is against him

But it makes his jab less efective for starters

Yep, but his right cross will be more effective, especially against somebody with sub par footwork.

And he wont be able to leg kick him into the canvas exactly like Benson did, since his rear and most powerful kick lands on the inside instead of the outside

around 80% of GSPs kicks are thrown with the lead leg - they will be very effective.

Back