GSP first southpaw. Will it make a difference???

Yes history does say Diaz will lose via UD but history also shows us that Diaz has only improved as a more complete fighter from 7 years ago when those wrestlefuck fights took place. Let's also not forget that the Diego fight, the Karo fight, the Riggs fight, and the Sherk fight were all incredibly close and controversial with opinion basically split 50/50.

I think Nick will surprise some people with his ground game.

I'm more interested in what GSP will do standing. He was a beast and I was a huge fan of his early on but he took his foot off the gas pedal. If GSP comes in this fight like 2006/2007 GSP, I won't rule Diaz out but he'll need to be perfect to beat GSP.

I'm also curious to see how agressive GSP will fight since he really wanted to fight against Diaz and that he wanted to put a whooping on him. Maybe he has found an opening to a finish or maybe he just really hates him.

I think GSP takes it still. But if Nick is in GSPs head like Nate got into Cerrones, everything could change. GSP is getting pretty emotional about this and if he makes it into an all out brawl like Cerrone decided to do after all the disrespect, well...

I'd assume GSP is smarter than that but he is letting his emotions get to him the way Nate got to Donald.

lmao, looks like Sherk comes out on top or they both end up on their feet

lmao...someone didn't see the fight and is summing it up off a .gif. "I can tell from the .gif that something happened"! Very astute.

The kimura trap is Nick's go to, you can see it in the Sherk .gif and the Diego fight. In GSP's fight with Karo, Georges is like a a breath away from being caught dead in it. I really, really don't think he's going to get caught with the same move twice. I hope Nick has a back-up plan, because I see a 50-45 UD for GSP

EDIT: Also, losing to Sherk like 7 years ago isn't the worst thing. The guy has only lost to champs (Frankie, GSP, Hughes, and BJ) and was a beast at that time, while Nick was still not even close to his prime.

I don't really remember the fight that well

but those stats say Sherk wins at least 29-28 anyways so.......

Diaz was bracing himself against TD pretty hard, and was generally successfully defending, but in result he got out-striked slightly. Nothing of much significance though.

I would honestly score this shit draw, both had their moments, but nobody really had advantage.

Inside leg kicks work very well. He could throw Nick off balance. And if you watch the Manhoef vs Lawlor fight youd realize that just a few more kicks would have won Manhoef the fight.

That fight was almost 7 years ago...

Nick landed way more total and sifnificant strikes, defended a shit load of takedowns

Fight Finder results doesn't equal watching the fight.

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/525

Suggesting I didn't watch the fight? Look at my join date you schmuck, I watched the fight and Diaz lost. Nick can't handle high caliber wrestlers, if you disagree name one he's beaten.

Suggesting I didn't watch the fight? Look at my join date you schmuck, I watched the fight and Diaz lost. Nick can't handle high caliber wrestlers, if you disagree name one he's beaten.

Oh I'm sorry mister elitist that I didn't give a damn about your join date.
Nick may not have fought the best wrestlers ever but he will give GSP a tough fight and I personally think that he will edge a victory out.

I think GSP takes it still. But if Nick is in GSPs head like Nate got into Cerrones, everything could change. GSP is getting pretty emotional about this and if he makes it into an all out brawl like Cerrone decided to do after all the disrespect, well...

I'd assume GSP is smarter than that but he is letting his emotions get to him the way Nate got to Donald.

No one gets in GSP's head he's emotionless. Georges is the Fist of the North Star!!!

Oh I'm sorry mister elitist that I didn't give a damn about your join date.
Nick may not have fought the best wrestlers ever but he will give GSP a tough fight and I personally think that he will edge a victory out.
You want to bet on that?

Diaz was bracing himself against TD pretty hard, and was generally successfully defending, but in result he got out-striked slightly. Nothing of much significance though.

I would honestly score this shit draw, both had their moments, but nobody really had advantage.

So you're saying Diaz got slightly out-struck by a man with T-rex arms and deserved a draw?

So you're saying Diaz got slightly out-struck by a man with T-rex arms and deserved a draw?

Why not?

I'm pretty damn sure that there are no bonus points/handicaps due to body shapes in Unified Rules....

Nick has never beaten an elite welterweight

this should be an easy fight regardless of stance

I think that Daley was top ten at the time of their fight and BJ was probably top ten as well though all be did was kill old man Hughes and get a questionable draw against Fitch. He has beaten good fighters but there are a lot of stinkers and a lack of wrestlers.

I agree! I like Nick, but I just dont think he's top level WW....top 3. If he couldnt hurt Condit or convincingly outstrike him, I dont think he will GSP. In regards to stance, maybe tougher for GSP, but in regard to ground game. It doesnt matter how he stands, the double leg is coming and wont make a differnce.

How many times has Condit been seriously hurt or out struck in his 30 wins, two loses...? Lol

I think that Daley was top ten at the time of their fight and BJ was probably top ten as well though all be did was kill old man Hughes and get a questionable draw against Fitch. He has beaten good fighters but there are a lot of stinkers and a lack of wrestlers.

Penn hasn't been top 10 at WW since 2004. Daley Was not top 10 either, fighting a bunch of cans after losing to kos dropped him out of the top 10 status.

Why not?

I'm pretty damn sure that there are no bonus points/handicaps due to body shapes in Unified Rules....
C'mon man, Diaz lost the stand-up to a tiny WW with a horrible reach disadvantage not to mention the wrestling domination and he deserves a draw? Diaz looked horrible and preformed badily in that fight and deserves the lost via UD.

Penn hasn't been top 10 at WW since 2004. Daley Was not top 10 either, fighting a bunch of cans after losing to kos dropped him out of the top 10 status.

This has been done to death. They were both ranked top 10 at the time. Change the record

Back