GSP first southpaw. Will it make a difference???

Matt Hughes fought southpaw to improve his takedowns.

Just ask Goldie, who made sure to mention it in every Hughes fight.

I really doubt it will any effect on him at all.

inside leg kicks hurt way more than outside, inner muslces are way harder to train, the inside of the legs will always be more flabby than the outside, on anyone, and Georges loves to throw them, he really hurt Matt Hughes with them.

C'mon man, Diaz lost the stand-up to a tiny WW with a horrible reach disadvantage not to mention the wrestling domination and he deserves a draw? Diaz looked horrible and preformed badily in that fight and deserves the lost via UD.

Uh, there was no 'wrestling domination' whatsoever.....

Sherk scored one solid takedown in round 2, had top position for like 10 seconds, before Diaz reversed him and actually landed some strikes.

Other than that, it was either Sherk pinning Diaz against the fence for a while, or Diaz sprawling and keeping Sean kneeling for few seconds.

Losing the stand-up is also pushing it a bit, Sean did land really few meaningful strikes (so did Diaz though).

This has been done to death. They were both ranked top 10 at the time. Change the record

I'll accept Daley being top 10 at the time but Penn? No way. A win over hughes in 2010 doesn't make you top 10 and neither does a draw against Fitch.

Uh, there was no 'wrestling domination' whatsoever.....

Sherk scored one solid takedown in round 2, had top position for like 10 seconds, before Diaz reversed him and actually landed some strikes.

Other than that, it was either Sherk pinning Diaz against the fence for a while, or Diaz sprawling and keeping Sean kneeling for few seconds.

Losing the stand-up is also pushing it a bit, Sean did land really few meaningful strikes (so did Diaz though).

How do you explain Sherk winning via UD if there was no domination?

inside leg kicks hurt way more than outside, inner muslces are way harder to train, the inside of the legs will always be more flabby than the outside, on anyone, and Georges loves to throw them, he really hurt Matt Hughes with them.

Still, they wont knock him down to the floor like Bendo or Cerrone did to Nate

What, no AV bet!?! Don't be scared homie. We are officially locked into the SIG bet standard rules/terms apply.

sig bets are funnier and people won't recognize me if I had a change of avatar which lessens the shame if I would lose.

I'll accept Daley being top 10 at the time but Penn? No way. A win over hughes in 2010 doesn't make you top 10 and neither does a draw against Fitch.

That's the trouble with rankings-they're subjective. With no official ranking system in place it's pretty easy to find one to suit your purpose. Some would argue that a hard fought draw with the #2 ww and knocking out a perennial top 10 ww in hughes is enough to give BJ a top 10 spot. But I'm not gonna argue this stuff, like I said-done to death dude

How do you explain Sherk winning via UD if there was no domination?

Well, are you serious? It's like you haven't heard about MMA judges. :p

Judges were always trying to score round 10-9, even if they had no real idea who was winning.

Thus Sherk got two 10 because he was shooting a lot.

Realistically, fight was really close, and neither dude really did much in terms of effective offense.

Just re-watch, if you can.

Oh I'm sorry mister elitist that I didn't give a damn about your join date.
Nick may not have fought the best wrestlers ever but he will give GSP a tough fight and I personally think that he will edge a victory out.

Not only has he never beaten a top wrestler he has never even beaten a top WW! How will he beat GSP? Are you banking on him subbing him? On the feet Nick is way to flat footed to hang with the very light footed GSP

I just see almost no possible way that Nick will win. Maybe if he had shown he can beat top fighters i would give him more of a chance but any time Nick faces a great fighter he loses (close or not) so now he is going to beat the #2 P4P fighter in the world who is the worst stylistic match up for him at WW?

I think him and Johny offer interesting matchups for that reason. They still will both probably lose, but it should be interesting.

This has been done to death. They were both ranked top 10 at the time. Change the record

Beating a low level top 10 (looking back almost no one believes they should have been top 10) still does not mean he has ever beaten a elite fighter

Freddie Roach doesn't know how to train against southpaws...

Not.

Beating a low level top 10 (looking back almost no one believes they should have been top 10) still does not mean he has ever beaten a elite fighter

He is (an) elite fighter

diaz2.gif

why not show how the 'reversal' ends hehhe

Penn is a LW that never deserved top 10 since his only good WW win is against Matt Hughes

Daley is the most 1 dimensional fighter I can think of in recent history and got to top 10 because of a fluke win over Kampmann.........there's a reason it's been less than 2 years since he fought Diaz and he's now not even top 30

hell the only person Daley has even beaten that's other than kampmann that's still in the UFC is Duane Ludwig and he's probably going to be cut anyways

Back