GSP: Diaz deserves the shot

So George is saying Hendricks' fight with kos was controversial so that's one of the reasons he isn't #1 contender.
Yet he's saying one of the reasons Diaz is #1 contender is because he lost a controversial decision to condit.....
And that Diaz is more marketable

Controversial lost over interim championship deserve a shot than split win over Kos in which GSP already beat UD win.

In other words, GSP also thought Diaz beat Condit

Yea but he admits a lot of people have different opinions on that fight.
He says he thought kos won against Hendricks and we all know a lot of ppl have different opinions on that fight too.

So who gets the shot?

Yeah i'm really a believer now that i've ear it from who had chosed him, and have all to gain from this (less risk fight + more money = sound legit) :icon_chee

Controversial lost over interim championship deserve a shot than split win over Kos in which GSP already beat UD win.

Firstly Don't use mmath by bringing kos into it by saying 'gsp beat by ud win'.
The end of the day they r controversial fights. So give both fighters the benefit of the doubt as opposed to dismissing Johnny's fight as a loss but saying 'oh nicks fight was so controversial against condit he may have won'
Hendricks has shown by beating Fitch n kampman he is top tier.

I don't understand people reacting as though this is GSP's last fight. Hold on there! GSP has been hurt for nearly 2 years. He gets one of (if not THE) hardest WW challenger in Condit coming in from a devastating knee injury and people call him out for picking Nick Diaz as his next fight? Like fighting Nick is a walk in the park. GTFO!

What are you all crying about? There will be plenty of time for Hendricks to get his shot, it's not like GSP is retiring after Nick. For all we know, it will be the other way around...

Can't believe how Sherdog hype Diaz like hell but then call GSP out for picking him as next opponent. Make up your mind people! My mind is set, I'm a GSP fan and I support my fighter 24/7. Will you fairweather fans get a hold of yourselves and start supporting your guy? Don't abandon him when he's at the verge of his biggest challenge!

Kids, these days... :rolleyes:

GSP's opinion > Sherdogs opinion

oh and 209 bitch, ect ect

I like GSP for saying that. This is the fight I want to see. Diaz did not lose to Condit. Condit ran and judging was terrible. Diaz won on aggression and octagon control.

How do you have Octagon Control when your opponent was dictating where and at what distance the fight took place? Diaz only had "Octagon Control" in the 5th round where he finally got a takedown.

He's coming off a loss, GSP. We're not idiots. Take your easy, hand picked fight and shut up about it.
Weird thing to see from someone with your nickname. Jones is fighting a guy coming off a loss, but in the division below, and that's after he fought another MW recently.

Nick Diaz is at least the #4 WW in the world and at least his loss was highly debated and in the same division.

In other words, GSP also thought Diaz beat Condit
No, he said that Condit won before. He just acknowledges that opinions differ on the matter.

The real reasons is that he wants to beat up Diaz for being disrespectful, and because it's the more marketable fight because more people are interested in it.

Yea but he admits a lot of people have different opinions on that fight.
He says he thought kos won against Hendricks and we all know a lot of ppl have different opinions on that fight too.

So who gets the shot?

IMO, Diaz deserves it based solely on the fact that he has been waiting much longer than Hendricks. Johnny has been very impressive lately, but not enough to justify leap-frogging Diaz. I also believe Diaz is the tougher stylistic matchup for GSP, so kudos to him for calling for the harder fight

How do you have Octagon Control when your opponent was dictating where and at what distance the fight took place? Diaz only had "Octagon Control" in the 5th round where he finally got a takedown.
Exactly. If you're a guy that thinks moving forward is Octagon Control then you lack fundamental knowledge about MMA.

IMO, Diaz deserves it based solely on the fact that he has been waiting much longer than Hendricks. Johnny has been very impressive lately, but not enough to justify leap-frogging Diaz. I also believe Diaz is the tougher stylistic matchup for GSP, so kudos to him for calling for the harder fight

Hes been waiting cos he didn't show to press conferences, he lost n smoked weed. It's all his own doing.
Hendricks is waiting for.... winning all his fights against top competition.

P.s I wanna c Diaz v gsp but I wish it happened in a way that was fair e.g Diaz coming off a win

Exactly. If you're a guy that thinks moving forward is Octagon Control then you lack fundamental knowledge about MMA.

Really? Cause my MMA coach with over 12years of experience and 30 professional fights says Diaz clearly won due to aggression, moving forward, and octagon control. Get off that high horse, buddy

Firstly Don't use mmath by bringing kos into it.
The end of the day they r controversial fights. So give both fighters the benefit of the doubt as opposed to dismissing Johnny's fight as a loss but saying 'oh nicks fight was so controversial against condit he may have won'
Hendricks has shown by beating Fitch n kampman he is top tier.

Im not using MMA math, Just that alot of people saying GSP ducking Hendricks, which he isnt. GSP wants to fight someone different, Hendricks is just like KOS KO power with good wrestling back ground( thats why Hendricks and Kos went split). I just see the fight with Johnny going down the same way as Kos... jab jab jab kick and Takedown end of round. Plus not going to beat around the bush GSP vs Nick is probably going to be more exciting to watch. I am trying to look at this through GSP eyes, would you rather fight another same type of fighter or someone different style.

I see the problem why people complain about Nick, yes he shouldnt get title match after being suspended. Though Fans outside of sherdog or who do not follow much MMA like you and I seems to favour Nick over Johnny. Zuffa right now is all about catering the casual fans.

Dont worry though, UFC setup a killer card for the WW div and it would decide the future WW div once and for all.

Weird thing to see from someone with your nickname. Jones is fighting a guy coming off a loss, but in the division below, and that's after he fought another MW recently.

Nick Diaz is at least the #4 WW in the world and at least his loss was highly debated and in the same division.

No, he said that Condit won before. He just acknowledges that opinions differ on the matter.

The real reasons is that he wants to beat up Diaz for being disrespectful, and because it's the more marketable fight because more people are interested in it.

And how exactly do you know this to be true? Cause if you don't please STFU with your condescending BS and stop stating your opinions as facts

GSP-Diaz is the best fight.

I like Hendricks, but he needs one more fight/win to be considered #1 contender IMO.

I think many people are worried that Diaz will come into the fight with no answer for GSP's wrestling. Hopefully Diaz will prepare for it and make the fight a great one.

GSP-Diaz is the best fight.

I like Hendricks, but he needs one more fight/win to be considered #1 contender IMO.

I think many people are worried that Diaz will come into the fight with no answer for GSP's wrestling. Hopefully Diaz will prepare for it and make the fight a great one.

To be honest Hendricks is the #1 contender in the UFC for WW. But politics and money got in his way for his champ fight.

Take away the "leg jabs" that fightmetric gave to Condit as significant strikes and Diaz easily wins the striking. Combined with the octogon control it's hard to argue against Diaz winning that fight.

The thing is I don't even care if Diaz lost that "fight" because it was a joke. Yes Diaz should have attempted to cut off Condit more so he couldn't run away but he didn't. Unlike GSP who will LnP fighters who attempt to run away that's not in Nick Diaz's play book.

I still think GSP will beat Diaz but geez, this fight has been building for ages and has a lot of question marks over it. It makes way more sense than Hendricks who barely scraped the line against Kos.

Hes been waiting cos he didn't show to press conferences, he lost n smoked weed. It's all his own doing.
Hendricks is waiting for.... winning all his fights against top competition.

P.s I wanna c Diaz v gsp but I wish it happened in a way that was fair e.g Diaz coming off a win

Fair enough. If you think fighters should lose their position due to violations even after their suspensions/punishments have been served that's understandable. Overeem did. Personally, I think the 1year suspension is punishment enough for the marijuana violation, and though in retrospect it turned out to be a blessing, Nick was taken out of his original fight with GSP and demoted to the co-main. So IMO, he has already paid his dues for what he did, and when he comes back it should be with a clean slate. Therefore, since he was scheduled to fight GSP before the injury and then given an immediate rematch with Condit(Interim Title) due to the controversial decision, I consider him to be first in line. But Im in no way saying Hendricks hasn't earned a shot, because I believe he has. I just think Diaz earned his first

Back