GRUDGE REMATCH: Gordan Ryan vs Jordan Tabor 2!

If Tabor didn't constantly talk about how great he is

I do? When I ended up on your radar, the community was actually downplaying my skill, trying to claim that the black belt issue was related to not being elite enough for the IBJJF. So yeah, I clear that up when I can.

if he didn't call out random people all the time for no reason,

When was this?

how he only doesn't do IBJJF because it's corrupt but he would actually dominate

All they have to do is let me in. I'd be champ in two years.

how the real champions are outside of IBJJF

You have to be on the open circuit to be an actual champion IMO. Take on who comes.

about how every brazilian in bjj is somehow shady and related to drugs, money laundering, and other conspiracies, how carlos gracie tried to sell him a belt or something or other...

But if they say it in "Choque" its some work of great importance? There's shade there and I spoke on it.

Let's see a Jordan Tabor vs Dan The Wolfman sub only match. Winner is the king of grappling.

Side note - how did Gordon go from purple to black in a year?

Under IBJJF rules, it can be done.

You only have to brown belt for 1 year to get promoted to BB.

So assuming he stayed purple for 1 year 1/2, he should be fine.

Side note - how did Gordon go from purple to black in a year?
By being really fuckin good. I was talking to Jordan about that match and he said he beat seven other black belts in the same week while he was still a purple. Kid is literally younger than I am and is already a black belt. That's pretty crazy lol. Guy makes me feel like shit.
Funny you bash and critiE every single non ibjjf guy, but yeah Jordan is legit, never mind he's all about the "open circuit" and fuck ibjjf..
Not sure how many people are aware of this but Jordan actually competed at worlds when he was a blue belt, he also has paperwork which proves that. While he didn't medal he did go 3-1 which would have been enough to get at least bronze in a smaller division (160 guys or something crazy like that). Some people pay money to sign up and get blown out in the first round.
I actually give him props for getting out there competing against an up and coming guy like this.
Yep, he's gone against Tonon twice and Ryan twice. He did lose both matches, but I would confidently assert that he's still down to give it another shot. That's just how he is. I know he is down to compete against Cummings too, and while obviously a loss is non-ideal, that experience and willingness to compete against some of the best in the world is worthy of respect IMO. He's leg locked 3 other guys from the Renzo team too, but less high profile guys.

Also, for both matches against Ryan and I believe his second match against Garry, he pretty much had no training partners. So imagine stepping on the mat against Garry Tonon without really training, and you will get a sense of how large the balls of Jordan Tabor really are. He's an interesting guy who I would consider a personal friend of mine. He listened to me cry on the phone after one of my closest friends committed suicide solely because I wanted a person to talk to and he was there for me. He also is willing to train me for 0 financial compensation, and I have definitely learned some stuff that I hadn't seen before through rolling and drilling with him. For that, I will gladly defend him on here.

Last edited:
Under IBJJF rules, it can be done.

You only have to brown belt for 1 year to get promoted to BB.

So assuming he stayed purple for 1 year 1/2, he should be fine.

He was only a brown belt for 6 months. So the IBJJF will probably have a hissy fit about it.

Most importantly though, I don't think John Danaher gives a fuck haha

He was only a brown belt for 6 months. So the IBJJF will probably have a hissy fit about it.

Most importantly though, I don't think John Danaher gives a fuck haha

Then IBJJF will not let him compete until the year is completed.

But who cares? He seems to be busy competing outside the IBJJF event.

One phone call from Renzo to his Carlos Jnr would resolve the problem anyway

I do? When I ended up on your radar, the community was actually downplaying my skill, trying to claim that the black belt issue was related to not being elite enough for the IBJJF. So yeah, I clear that up when I can.

When was this?

All they have to do is let me in. I'd be champ in two years.

You have to be on the open circuit to be an actual champion IMO. Take on who comes.

But if they say it in "Choque" its some work of great importance? There's shade there and I spoke on it.

/Thread.

He acts like he has to be "let in" to the IBJJF and says he would be a world champ within 2 years. LOL

And the "open circuit" is where the real champs are...not the biggest competitions in the world.

be a world champ within 2 years!

that seems impossible.

There is so many well talented IBJJ competitors that won lower belts (blue, purple, purple and brown) and it does not guarantee that they can place at the worlds cup at BB.

Out of curiosity, what weight does he compete and we can see who is the current IBJJF champ?

I don't think he has ever beaten any notable black belt, ever. But somehow he will beat the best in the world within 2 years?

By being really fuckin good. I was talking to Jordan about that match and he said he beat seven other black belts in the same week while he was still a purple. Kid is literally younger than I am and is already a black belt. That's pretty crazy lol. Guy makes me feel like shit.Not sure how many people are aware of this but Jordan actually competed at worlds when he was a blue belt, he also has paperwork which proves that. While he didn't medal he did go 3-1 which would have been enough to get at least bronze in a smaller division (160 guys or something crazy like that). Some people pay money to sign up and get blown out in the first round.
Yep, he's gone against Tonon twice and Ryan twice. He did lose both matches, but I would confidently assert that he's still down to give it another shot. That's just how he is. I know he is down to compete against Cummings too, and while obviously a loss is non-ideal, that experience and willingness to compete against some of the best in the world is worthy of respect IMO. He's leg locked 3 other guys from the Renzo team too, but less high profile guys.

Also, for both matches against Ryan and I believe his second match against Garry, he pretty much had no training partners. So imagine stepping on the mat against Garry Tonon without really training, and you will get a sense of how large the balls of Jordan Tabor really are. He's an interesting guy who I would consider a personal friend of mine. He listened to me cry on the phone after one of my closest friends committed suicide solely because I wanted a person to talk to and he was there for me. He also is willing to train me for 0 financial compensation, and I have definitely learned some stuff that I hadn't seen before through rolling and drilling with him. For that, I will gladly defend him on here.

Hes your friend and seems to be a good guy to you, he'll he might be a really nice guy, thing is, he's nutts, dude gets trashed around by ocational purples and blues, yet hes going to be a world champ writhin 2 years? Lmfao. I don't doubt he's got black belt skills, and don't doubt he can and he beats other black belts, but there are bb and there are good bb competitors and then there are elite bb competitors, and i can bet your ass tanquinho isn't going to be losing to ramskn colored blue purples or brown belts, that is a fact.

Hes your friend and seems to be a good guy to you, he'll he might be a really nice guy, thing is, he's nutts, dude gets trashed around by ocational purples and blues, yet hes going to be a world champ writhin 2 years? Lmfao.
Going to be honest and say I don't think he would win his weight class at worlds BB division (sorry Jordan), but the only purple belt who beat Jordan after he put on a black belt is Gordon Ryan, who is not exactly an average grappler. I've never seen Jordan lose to a blue belt so I can't comment on that.
BJJ_Rage said:
I don't doubt he's got black belt skills, and don't doubt he can and he beats other black belts, but there are bb and there are good bb competitors and then there are elite bb competitors, and i can bet your ass tanquinho isn't going to be losing to ramskn colored blue purples or brown belts, that is a fact.
Not disputing this. I've rolled with at least one black belt before, and he wasn't superhuman, someone like Tanq would destroy him. There are levels to this game, especially at BB. So in the context of being a threat to heel hook someone like Otavio Sousa or JT Torres (since I think that's roughly his weight class), he's not a black belt. In the context of regional tournaments, he usually destroys people. So if a guy with a black belt can pass his guard to mount then gets heel hooked, I'd say Jordan is a black belt relative to that guy. That's all.

Going to be honest and say I don't think he would win his weight class at worlds BB division (sorry Jordan), but the only purple belt who beat Jordan after he put on a black belt is Gordon Ryan, who is not exactly an average grappler. I've never seen Jordan lose to a blue belt so I can't comment on that.Not disputing this. I've rolled with at least one black belt before, and he wasn't superhuman, someone like Tanq would destroy him. There are levels to this game, especially at BB. So in the context of being a threat to heel hook someone like Otavio Sousa or JT Torres (since I think that's roughly his weight class), he's not a black belt. In the context of regional tournaments, he usually destroys people. So if a guy with a black belt can pass his guard to mount then gets heel hooked, I'd say Jordan is a black belt relative to that guy. That's all.

The vid use to be on YouTube he lost va a blue belt but he said that since he hurt his opponents knee he actually won (or something like that )

Last edited:
Going to be honest and say I don't think he would win his weight class at worlds BB division (sorry Jordan), but the only purple belt who beat Jordan after he put on a black belt is Gordon Ryan, who is not exactly an average grappler. I've never seen Jordan lose to a blue belt so I can't comment on that.Not disputing this. I've rolled with at least one black belt before, and he wasn't superhuman, someone like Tanq would destroy him. There are levels to this game, especially at BB. So in the context of being a threat to heel hook someone like Otavio Sousa or JT Torres (since I think that's roughly his weight class), he's not a black belt. In the context of regional tournaments, he usually destroys people. So if a guy with a black belt can pass his guard to mount then gets heel hooked, I'd say Jordan is a black belt relative to that guy. That's all.

Who has he destroyed, exactly?

Thetas

The vid use to be on YouTube he lost va a blue belt but he said that since he hurt his opponents knee he actually won (or something like that )

You mean the guy I vaporized. He won on points, I vaped his knee. I'm ok with this result.

Who has he destroyed, exactly?

I'm a regional champion. Look it up. Nowadays, I wear a shirt that says "Heel Hooks" on it, then go heel hook the guys. They can read it too. Still can't stop it. You've got pics, videos, tournament results, witnesses, all going back to 2005. All there for you, some of the wins, some of the losses. Knees are blown, mine and theirs, I lose consciousness a couple times, there's point stalling and sub grappling and all the exact same shit that everyone else is doing. I'm not doing some sort of special jiujitsu that isn't arduous and doesn't work. What sort of sense does that make?

You mean the guy I vaporized. He won on points, I vaped his knee. I'm ok with this result.

I'm a regional champion. Look it up. Nowadays, I wear a shirt that says "Heel Hooks" on it, then go heel hook the guys. They can read it too. Still can't stop it. You've got pics, videos, tournament results, witnesses, all going back to 2005. All there for you, some of the wins, some of the losses. Knees are blown, mine and theirs, I lose consciousness a couple times, there's point stalling and sub grappling and all the exact same shit that everyone else is doing. I'm not doing some sort of special jiujitsu that isn't arduous and doesn't work. What sort of sense does that make?

did he tap? no, he won on points, you entered a points competition, and you lost on points, hell even if it was sub only you wouldnt have won, because he didnt tap, if he didnt tap from the "vaporizer" then either your vaping wasnt strong enough or the position sucks (which does not) either way, you lost to a blue belt, no shame on that, there are killer blue belts who will run through lots of hobbist black belts, thing is, world champs will not lose to them, ever.. and you sir are claiming that you will be a world champ within 2 years. I dont personally think rafa mendes and tanquinho are running away from blue belts of the "open circuit"..

You may be a "regional" champ, whatever that means, again, im not saying you do not have skills or you are not a legit black belt, BUT from the footage Ive seen from you, dude you are a long long long ass way from turning ibjjf world champ (again, no shame on this,whats the % of bb turning world champs? 1 or 2 % tops?).

Last edited:
seriously? This again?
good fucking god

did he tap? no, he won on points, you entered a points competition, and you lost on points, hell even if it was sub only you wouldnt have won, because he didnt tap, if he didnt tap from the "vaporizer" then either your vaping wasnt strong enough or the position sucks (which does not) either way, you lost to a blue belt, no shame on that, there are killer blue belts who will run through lots of hobbist black belts, thing is, world champs will not lose to them, ever.. and you sir are claiming that you will be a world champ within 2 years. I dont personally think rafa mendes and tanquinho are running away from blue belts of the "open circuit".

Purple, not blue. I don't really care whether the guy won or lost. I wouldn't change my actual jiujitsu on that one.

world champs will not lose to them, ever.. and you sir are claiming that you will be a world champ within 2 years

Sure. I don't see why the challenge would be insurmountable.

You may be a "regional" champ, whatever that means, again, im not saying you do not have skills or you are not a legit black belt, BUT from the footage Ive seen from you, dude you are a long long long ass way from turning ibjjf world champ (again, no shame on this,whats the % of bb turning world champs? 1 or 2 % tops?).

So? I should still be able to contest it. A lot of the black belts that I've defeated are eligible. You don't see people telling them to avoid worlds.

Purple, not blue. I don't really care whether the guy won or lost. I wouldn't change my actual jiujitsu on that one.

Sure. I don't see why the challenge would be insurmountable.

So? I should still be able to contest it. A lot of the black belts that I've defeated are eligible. You don't see people telling them to avoid worlds.

well, get someone to sign for your black belt and you wil be able to enter no doubt. It really isnt that hard, and you dont need carlinhos to do it. Im not going to start on this, its been discussed enough, I do think you should be a black belt, I hope you do get the chance to compete in there.

Back