Groovy FOTN in the making

@brother gono
I'd like to chime in on this question as it seems that is Marcus' weakest area. It doesn't seem that difficult to get him down if you get a clinch & trip... or a deep double leg & pick him up... & then once he's on his back it's not that hard to mount him.... so that would be a good strategy.

Of course Groovy's stand up game is what we all love seeing though.... so I'd much rather watch him do that. Maybe hit a TD at the last 30 seconds of each round just in case the judges are needed.

– Marcos vs Alan Francis 10/21/17 (Marcos is the taller guy)

· Looks like A.Silva when talking & standing… & moves in that style on his feet
· Standing he seems flowing & smooth, but waiting to counter… not a lot of action. Pretty slow telegraphed leg kicks but he feints the kicks sometimes as well so that's good.
· Was not very good off his back (mostly just tries to hold on & tie the guy up) & got mounted fairly easily in this & another of his fights I watched. (vs. Cicero Coutinho) He did get one reversal though while Francis was going for an arm bar, but otherwise that seems to be his weakness.
  • Once on top & in Francis' guard, he wasn't very effective & didn't seem to even try to advance to half guard or side control.

I love the depth that you break things down and the fact that you study old fight footage. @gono btw made a thread much earlier that expressed a similar sentiment to your own. Groovy bless. @Myrddin Wild bless.

Its always a good time when Lando fights. A true warrior for the JBG

While I love to hate you guys... Groovy always brings it so yeah.. FOTN... get that money boy.

They call him Groovy because he needs to get in his Groove. When switched on, he can compete with any one. If he were brought up like Zabit, given some cans to crush, I think these forums would think of him differently, but he definitely beat Bobby Green, who is a great litmus test for getting top talent and has some great performances. His past two fights were a bit of a let down but I know he was dealing with personal issues and a JacksonWink falling out. He is still very young, and people that overlook him just do not know shit about fighting and only ride coat tails of the flavor of the week.

200.gif

& his 2 loses after Ferg were razor close. The Teymur fight came down to those knees Teymur threw at the end of round 2... & Groovy outstruck Klose in every round... (though the 1st was pretty even, the 3rd wasn't even close) I think those particular judges feel that holding someone against the fence is more effective than Groovy punching him in the face. Very strange.

With different judging, every one of those fights could've been a win for Groovy... & given those same fights, all these record gazers would be much more supportive just because the judges called it differently. I find that strange as well. It's the fights that matter... & Groovy always shows up to throw down.

f4DuSUL.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if Lando knows there is a Legion of Groove.

Does he uses social media? We should spam him a couple of these threads.

He does know. I've replied to his posts here & there & he's responded a few times. A while back he actually re-posted on twitter my "Enter the Groove" shoop (see the 2nd post on this thread.) So that waz cool.

Groovy said he wants to make Marcos quit... so I'm going with 2nd or 3rd round KO

Bro, of course he does. He even quoted a post on my now defunct old account (Big Daddy Bach) about who the GOAT's were, when I said Full camp ''Lando is 1, 9/10 Lando is 2, 8/10 Lando is 3, etc''. Homeboy Groovemaster surfs Sherdog on the reg. Just hope he comes and shows the dominant beast that he is, let it all go like a Buddhist Ninja in round one and kill or be killed quickly. He got too worried about tiring & stopped being the supreme artist hat he is. He is different than these other bums and is a distinguished gentleman amongst cavemen, makes Artem look like a flowy-less stiff. Homez just has to let go and be one with Just Bleed Universe.....too much thought in his mind and not enough flowy one-ness.

FzdBRYY.jpg

Marcos Rosa Mariano is a stand up fighter who will go toe to toe with Groovy for an almost guaranteed FOTN or POTN (it will be in the runnings for sure!!)

All the BS aside for the "Record Gazers"... Groovy trowz teh fook down... & he got a perfect opponent to do just that.

If you follow his Instagram you'll see countless posts of him working dat cardio~

click here if link doesn't show

I appreciate your consistency and determination TS. No matter how many times he loses.

I appreciate your consistency and determination TS. No matter how many times he loses.
Most people these days are hung up on perfect records like Floyd and Khabib. But it's more entertaining when you've got a guy like Lando who lays it all on the line every single fight. The uncrowned champion of fight of the night bonuses.

Last edited:
Thank you... the ties & the 2 losses after Ferg were all razor close. (& he actually won that Green BS)

different judges & Groovy could well have a perfect record after Ferg. Same exact fights lets say... but different judges... & all these "record gazers" would all be happy as a clam instead of dissing him about his record. It's the fights that are important.

<TheWire1>
<{vega}>

I'm conflicted on this fight. I don't want to see Lando lose because even though he's exciting I feel like a loss could potentially see him getting cut in the UFC.

But also, the guy he's fighting is nicknamed 'Dhalsim' and appears to be Anderson's training partner/friend and it'd be cool to see another guy fighting like Anderson doing well.

Maybe it'll be another FOTN draw lol

I'm conflicted on this fight. I don't want to see Lando lose because even though he's exciting I feel like a loss could potentially see him getting cut in the UFC.

But also, the guy he's fighting is nicknamed 'Dhalsim' and appears to be Anderson's training partner/friend and it'd be cool to see another guy fighting like Anderson doing well.

Maybe it'll be another FOTN draw lol
Anderson is definitely is idol. His standup "style" reminds me much of Anderson's (though he's not anywhere near the same level). Watch this Dude's interview. His facial expressions are almost spooky how much he's taking after Anderson. I wouldn't even question it if you told me that was his son.

Anderson is definitely is idol. His standup "style" reminds me much of Anderson's (though he's not anywhere near the same level). Watch this Dude's interview. His facial expressions are almost spooky how much he's taking after Anderson. I wouldn't even question it if you told me that was his son.

Skipped around the video a bit but you are right, his face even looks a bit like Anderson too lol. He's 32 which is around when Anderson made his UFC run. How weird would it be if his debut ends up being like Anderson's.

I think it would be smart for Lando to use his grappling in this one. Seems like the path of least resistance. I noticed he has some TKO losses too, I'm wondering if they're from GnP after getting outgrappled or if he got dropped standing.

Back