Grip strength to damage someone's forearm muscles?

Universal said:
Cool...if he deserved it.
How much can you pinch?

well, he made a few stupid comments, he deserved it...

but anyway, I can pinch 45 lb block with one hand, but I havent really experimented with pinching very much, I only weigh 130 lb's so...I guess my grip is pretty good compared to most people at my weight...

AxeGrinder said:

but anyway, I can pinch 45 lb block with one hand, but I havent really experimented with pinching very much, I only weigh 130 lb's so...I guess my grip is pretty good compared to most people at my weight...

You mean half of a 90 lb. dumbell right? That's a pretty good pinch then.

Yes, I have to agree, that is quite a pinch. Did you pull his hair next?

rickdog said:
Yes, I have to agree, that is quite a pinch. Did you pull his hair next?

haha, if your talking about the kid who challenged me, then no...no hair pulling...

AxeGrinder said:

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this one. Is it a old york dumbell? Hex? At any weight pinching a 45 lb blob (1/2 a 90) is a huge feat. You are only a few steps away from picking up the 50lb dumbell which is huge. Carnal, who trains pinch and is a CoC, can pick up the 45, if I remember correctly.

For someone who doesn't experiment with pinch very much, who I assume has tiny hands being 130, picking up the 45 blob is impossible. Something is wrong, either you train like a mofo, or you haven't done this.

A quick vid of you picking it up will silence me and I"ll apologize for calling you out. If you can do it, congrats, that is huge.

Rjkd12 said:
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this one. Is it a old york dumbell? Hex? At any weight pinching a 45 lb blob (1/2 a 90) is a huge feat. You are only a few steps away from picking up the 50lb dumbell which is huge. Carnal, who trains pinch and is a CoC, can pick up the 45, if I remember correctly.

For someone who doesn't experiment with pinch very much, who I assume has tiny hands being 130, picking up the 45 blob is impossible. Something is wrong, either you train like a mofo, or you haven't done this.

A quick vid of you picking it up will silence me and I"ll apologize for calling you out. If you can do it, congrats, that is huge.

haha, I dont have tiny hands at all, I'm a pretty lanky dude, and I pretty much have to train my hands everday, I work at a tree nursery where I use my hands constantly, it is a hex by the way...I'll see what I can do about getting it on video, until then feel free to believe or not...

I just hope you can understand my doubt when someone who is tiny (and I presumed had small hands) says without training grip at all they can pick up at 45 lbs blob. Don't worry about taping it unless you want to, your explanation is enough for me to think its possible. Thanks for the honest reply though.

Rjkd12 said:
I just hope you can understand my doubt when someone who is tiny (and I presumed had small hands) says without training grip at all they can pick up at 45 lbs blob. Don't worry about taping it unless you want to, your explanation is enough for me to think its possible. Thanks for the honest reply though.

well, I train grip quite a bit, its my favorite kind of strength exercises...anyway, expect a video in the near future as I'm getting a camera this month...

Sonny said:
Why the hate for grip strength Opeth? It's probably one of the most functional types of strength you can train for.

you're right. i just already have all i need

i'm sorry for being a dick :redface:

Universal said:
Shit, I thought he ment it in a motivational kinda way.
If not then...fuck'm.

fuck'm to you too lol. look at the thread you made :icon_chee

here's a motivational picture

meatball_lg.jpg

I don't have all the grip strength I need. I need to be able to reduce someone's hand to pudding in a handshake; I need to be able to do a pullup from the rafters; I need to be able to pull 600 pounds from the floor strapless.

You don't feel these needs?

OpethDrums said:
That's like saying "I can deadlift as much as I need" or "I can squat as good as I need to" or "My grappling doesn't need to be any better." Don't you have any urge to improve?

OpethDrums said:

i'm sorry for being a dick :redface:

I wasn't calling you a dick.

HULKAMANIA said:
I don't have all the grip strength I need. I need to be able to reduce someone's hand to pudding in a handshake; I need to be able to do a pullup from the rafters; I need to be able to pull 600 pounds from the floor strapless.

You don't feel these needs?

funny needs you have there :icon_chee

Urban said:
That's like saying "I can deadlift as much as I need" or "I can squat as good as I need to" or "My grappling doesn't need to be any better." Don't you have any urge to improve?

as cool as grip strength sounds, being able to break doorknobs and open jars really well and all. i will never need to train it. i won't have to squat, deadlift, or bench again either to be a good boxer. i do not have an urge to improve grip strength and i don't think any healthy human does

OpethDrums said:
as cool as grip strength sounds, being able to break doorknobs and open jars really well and all. i will never need to train it. i won't have to squat, deadlift, or bench again either to be a good boxer. i do not have an urge to improve grip strength and i don't think any healthy human does

Fair enough then.

Back