Grip strength to damage someone's forearm muscles?

fat_wilhelm said:
Since (oddly), no one has asked this yet, why do you want to damage someone's forearm so badly? I'm not begrudging your right to do so, but I am very curious as to who pissed you off and how.

Also, what is your plan of attack? Perhaps you could reach for a friendly handshake with your enemy. Maintain eye contact so the perp doesn't notice as you slip the shake and slide your hand up past their wrist, tearing the muscle clean away from the ulna. This should cause enough pain that you can easily work the top side of the forearm now. Grip it and rip it.

Best of luck and be sure to let us know how it goes.

LOL. No one in particular. I just find it rewarding to know that I can if I want to, and if I can rip through a forearm, chances are that I would also be able to do damage elsewhere.
Right now I can pinch grip the 35's for about 3 seconds which isn't so great...but I'll be at 45's very soon and plan to do alot more than that. I would just find it realy motivating to know how much closer I'm getting as I add increments.

CarnalSalvation said:
bending is a 5.5" g5 bolt. Nothing special, but it could be much, much worse.

IMHO, it can't be much worse. If I am wrong, I'm sure most would agree that two "much's" it way to many.

I don't know, intuitively I think it would be hard to actually crush an opponent's forearm?

I mean, it sounds cool, but....

Just now, I squeezed my forearm at nearly full power, and it was only a little uncomfortable. Now, I'm no professional arm crusher. But just by tensing that forearm, its a pretty fucking solid mass of bone, tendon, and muscle. Are you planning a pinch grip or a full grip for the crushin?

Its also easy to break such a grip (especially pinch) by just rotating the arm around over the top of the opponent's arm and push down. This move take about 0.25 seconds to execute if the arm is free to move. You might hang on if the person you are crushing is weak.

Grady said:
Its also easy to break such a grip (especially pinch) by just rotating the arm around over the top of the opponent's arm and push down. This move take about 0.25 seconds to execute if the arm is free to move. You might hang on if the person you are crushing is weak.

For sure... but a 2 on 1 grip is a different story, and the ground...well I'm sure you get the picture.

Universal said:
For sure... but a 2 on 1 grip is a different story, and the ground...well I'm sure you get the picture.

You'd be better off just putting people in armbars, kimuras or whatever. You can still take their arms and whatnot home with you when you're done.

I find this topic strange. Damaging muscles is really hard to do, even locks where you use your whole body to crush a muscle usualy never do damage to the muscle but it hurst like a mofo.

Tendons on the other hand is easily injured.

I've actually wondered about something similar before, if someone like Clay Edgin gave you a Chinese/ Indian burn (depends where you're from), would it 'envelope' the skin?

fat_wilhelm said:
Since (oddly), no one has asked this yet, why do you want to damage someone's forearm so badly? I'm not begrudging your right to do so, but I am very curious as to who pissed you off and how.

Also, what is your plan of attack? Perhaps you could reach for a friendly handshake with your enemy. Maintain eye contact so the perp doesn't notice as you slip the shake and slide your hand up past their wrist, tearing the muscle clean away from the ulna. This should cause enough pain that you can easily work the top side of the forearm now. Grip it and rip it.

Best of luck and be sure to let us know how it goes.

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Cheers.

I was playing the game mercy with this kid and broke both of his wrists once...he challenged me because he outweighed me by like 70 pounds...I love having strong hands, wrists and forearms, you can use em' for anything...

OpethDrums said:
yeah buddy.. keep looking for reasons to train grip strength.

Why the hate for grip strength Opeth? It's probably one of the most functional types of strength you can train for.

Shit, I thought he ment it in a motivational kinda way.
If not then...fuck'm.

Back