Greenwald is going to publish 2 million Americans names that the NSA have spied on

hi all,

i think its interesting news.

i'd be more curious as to the "why" as much as the "who". also, isn't what Mr. Greenwald is doing illegal, or does that not matter?

- IGIT

hi all,

i think its interesting news.

i'd be more curious as to the "why" as much as the "who". also, isn't what Mr. Greenwald is doing illegal, or does that not matter?

- IGIT

Publishing names could actually help the police state move along. If the masses can be convinced "those on the list are the problem" then it will be like public shaming, and it could also act as a warning from the government to those on the list to pipe down or else.

People may be more fearful when communicating which I think is one of the main objectives.

if my name is on there, they are wasting their damn time...

DogShiftyEyes.gif

Publishing names could actually help the police state move along. If the masses can be convinced "those on the list are the problem" then it will be like public shaming.

People may be more fearful when communicating which I think is one of the main objectives.

hiya IDL,

i dunno.

i could see this list being ruinous to some americans, at least as far as their business interests go.

without the "why" there is no context as to the "who".

- IGIT

Seems a bit like hypocrisy.

Isn't the issue invasion of privacy? So exposing the millions accomplishes what?

hiya IDL,

i dunno.

i could see this list being ruinous to some americans, at least as far as their business interests go.

without the "why" there is no context as to the "who".

- IGIT

That's exactly why I think it helps the police state. It's all left up to perception, and society gets a lot of its thinking from media which can be used to shape those perceptions.

If all you know is someone is 'on the list' then imaginations can run wild as to why.

Unless they're storming my home with lit torches, I say "Meh".
You can't fight city hall...

Over/under on the % of professional journalists that made the list?

That's exactly why I think it helps the police state. It's all left up to perception, and society gets a lot of its thinking from media which can be used to shape those perceptions.

If all you know is someone is 'on the list' then imaginations can run wild as to why.

hello IDL,

ahhh, yes. then i agree, entirely.

makes you wonder what Mr. Greenwald, who authored some pretty good pieces whilst he was at Salon, is up to.

just getting more press for his book, i gue$$.

- IGIT

Last edited:
How many of us hope we're on that list? Be honest! Hahaha, Just like Cartman. Then I can say "I'm in the 1%(of people spied on)"

I just assume that, because I post on a site full of nutjobs who sometimes threaten open violence against the government, post ridiculous cts, and is infiltrated by propaganda mouthpieces, they've tracked my activities on here.

"Mr. Greenwald also pointed to the failures of the NSA to catch Mr. Snowden during his download and theft of 1.7 million documents, and said that

hello Seano,

precisely.

- IGIT

does anyone actually take you seriously with your style of posting?

you come off as someone so full of himself it borderlines with retarded

Seems a bit like hypocrisy.

Isn't the issue invasion of privacy? So exposing the millions accomplishes what?

Well, the issue is invasion of privacy by the government on private citizens, having the tables turned here has a certain vengeful appeal. What's more, the American government has continually obfuscated and provided incomplete explanations about the extent of this program. The more people who feel violated, the more traction a movement to repeal can gain. So, the point here is probably less directly about protected personal privacy by direct action and more about protecting it through informing the public about how involved their lives are in all of this.

If, however, the list is primarily "Muslim-sounding" names, this could backfire, even citizens who can be depicted as foreign for superficial reasons won't create the same level of sympathy as seeing Ted Morehouse and Linda Flaherty named explicitly.

If, however, the list is primarily "Muslim-sounding" names, this could backfire, even citizens who can be depicted as foreign for superficial reasons won't create the same level of sympathy as seeing Ted Morehouse and Linda Flaherty named explicitly.

I very much doubt this is the case, the current administration has a huge crush on Muslim Americans, I think anyone in any agency spying or investigating a a muslim american without a warrant would be immediately shown the door.

I suspect its an almost random list, from a tech standpoint its just easier to data-grab everything and go through it later. The NSA has operated like that since its inception. Listen to everything.

It MIGHT be a list of pro-lifers, christians, Tea Partiers, veterans and people who watch FOX news, they seem to the ones considered terrorists these days, far more than muslims who openly preach jihad (Mr Fort Hood) or bomb marathons (after being warned by the Russians).

We should know soon.

I just assume that, because I post on a site full of nutjobs who sometimes threaten open violence against the government, post ridiculous cts, and is infiltrated by propaganda mouthpieces, they've tracked my activities on here.

Sometimes let off bombs at marathons as well.

Back