• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

greatest fight of all time?

going through some old fights this morning and ended up watching Justin Gaethje vs Luis Palomino a few times. their first fight was nothing short of legendary. anybody that hasnt seen it needs to asap. thats gotta be up there with one of the best ever imo
Izzy and kelvin for 2019 at least

I actually bitched about this fight when they made it because the first fight was so boring.
Yeah, basically Maynard out- wrestling a smaller dude for most of 3 rounds. I remember thinking at the time that Edgar peaked as a fighter at Maynard. His standup and transitions to and from wrestling and striking just got so good so fast.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
i think it was because shogun was so gassed himself, all he could do was sit on top of him. if he had been more active in mount, it would have been a slam dunk 10-8 (or even 10-7).
79-8 in total strikes to shogun in that round and he mounted hendo Five Times. If that's not Active i dont know what is.

People have said most of them, i'll add a different one, Lesnar v Carwin. Maybe not the best but it was gripping stuff that's for sure, huge. (also Akiyama v Leben on the same card was an absolute cracker)

Super Boy vs Cub sticks in my mind as an absolute legendary fight from recent ones.

Also Bisping vs Anderson was fucking sick.

Lyoto vs shogun 1

That was the best fight I've ever seen. No sloppy brawls or hugging and laying. Just a masterful performance by both fighters.

Frank Shamrock vs Enson Inoue
Takanori Gomi vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
Kazushi Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton
Antonio Rodrigo Nougeria vs Josh Barnett I
Pedro Rizzo vs Tra Telligman II
Malvin Manhoef vs Evangelista (Cyborg) Santos
Sergei Kharatonov vs Murilo (Ninja) Rua
Carlos Newton vs Jose (Pele) Landis-Jons
Bas Rutten vs Masakatsu Funaki II
Wanderlai Silva vs Guy Mezger
Mark Hunt vs Antonio (Giant) Silva I
Dan Henderson vs Muricio (Shogun) Rua
Igor Vovchanchyon vs Enson Inoue (Just for Inoue's heart alone)
Chuck Liddell vs Guy Mezger
Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald II
Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi
Matt Hughes vs Frank Trigg I
Tim Sylvia vs Wesley (Cabbage) Coerria (Cabbage took unreal punishment)
Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard II
Gilbert Melendez vs Diego Sanchez
Wanderlai Silva vs Quinton (Rampage) Jackson II
Don Frye vs Ken Shamrock
Antonio Rodrigo Nougeria vs Mirko (CroCop) Filipovic
Chuck Liddel vs Wanderlai Silva
Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis
Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson I
Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler II
Chris Leben vs Yoshihiro Akiyama
Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor I
Don Frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama
Frank Shanrock vs Tito Ortiz
Yair Rodriguez vs Chang Sung Jung
Chris Lytle vs Marcus Davis
Karo Parisian vs Nick Diaz

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Absolutely one of the greatest fights of all time. Fuck off with your bullshit.
Best one IMO, for sure the most pure/savage fight ever (5th round was amazing!). Both fighters won me as a fan on that night. People who do no see the greatness of that fight are must be blind or dumb.

Shogun vs Hendo 1
End of discussion
In my top 5. The first rounds were great with Shogun surviving Hendo's bomb and vice-versa, but the ending was a sad showing of Hendo cardio. It is the opposite of Robbie vs Rory where the fight started slow and technical, but ended in the most savage way. There is so many great fights, its hard to just select one.

Back