*GRAPHIC* Devin Clark's teeth

What....what exactly am I looking at there???

dislocated gum? Broken.... mouth?
I can't figure it out. Is it teeth knocked out of their sockets? Those roots go deep, could be a broken jaw too

As a contractor, do they have to get their own insurance?
Most likely for anything long-ish term or out of competition, but iirc some AC's require the promotion to have insurance for the fighters on the card.

Mod Note:seriously make sure the coast is clear this is gnarly

E_nN_kMWQAApNLG
So what happened here, did his middle gums get dislodged from his skull?

Damn!

The doctor looked and let him continue!?!?

Fuckin yikes

How about his DAD, who was in his corner, saw that and said 'go back out there for another round.'

His gums were completely detached, that is a traumatic injury that should have stopped the fight, certainly his corner should have. I recall seeing on reddit a CSAC study showing a link between father's in fighters corners and grave injury in MMA.

Thinking about his Dad seeing his wrecked mouth and screaming at him to 'get the f*ck up' uselessly and psychotically made me think Devin had a traumatic childhood - because that is likely how his Dad talked to him throughout.

Aside from the fact that these guys are paid a ridiculous bad cut of the revenue coming in, they are exchanging permanent bodily harm and brain damage for peanuts. This should have been stopped and you fight another day.

That's ugly af. It looks like the teeth carried some of the bone of his mandible. It doesn't look like an easy fix.
Having had too much experience at the dentist this year. My Sherbro orthodontic diagnosis is the gum bone will have to be replaced with bone grafting.

Then when he’s done fighting he can have implants screwed in to the bone. And maybe while he is still fighting, a plate with false teeth, ala Hendo’s that he removed for training and fighting.

Knees should be illegal. Also strikes to the knee- also illegal. Really easier to say leg kicks- illegal. Foot stomps should result in being banned from any type of fighting for money.
Mod Note:seriously make sure the coast is clear this is gnarly

E_nN_kMWQAApNLG

Yoel Romero fight is on soon

Back