Gracie vs Shamrock III: How do you really feel?

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
Let me first say i have nothign but respect for these two guys...but this is kind of embarassing to put these guys together,two men who never really achieved fireworks against each other ,even in their heyday. Sometimes here and there you will hear someone say,wouldnt it be cool to have a old man legends division where guys above 40 can fight in? God i would hate that. This is a young mans game. For an older man to stay up against the best is truly awe inspiring but these two are not that kind of guy,hell ,Ken could probably have called it quits 15 years ago and im sure everyone would have been OK with that. This shouldnt be on TV,promoted as a main event!

yeah im probably gonna watch it. But i will hate myself for it. And i wouldnt break a date to watch it. I'd allready have to be free.

I totally realize i posted this in the wrong forum. I will commit seppuku forthwith

Yawn.

Both boring. A double snap will be only fun ending.

It makes me feel like Coker is a scumbag, especially after the recent passing of Manny Yarborough & Kevin Randleman.

I'll watch. at least BOTH guy are about the same age. I would also watch many other fighter fight who are close to 50yrs old. I want to see, Saku again! Vs the winner maybe? , Frank Shamrock,Pat Miletich or Randy .. why not!

I will be watching and I am interested, It's definitely not going to be top caliber MMA but it it an interesting fight to the extent they are both old, have a ton of history in the sport and its the perfect goodbye fight for both fighters.

I know this will be Royces last time ever and I hope it will be Ken's but who knows with him.

Regardless sure its not going to be the quality of a top 20 mma fight but I think it will be entertaining.

Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves :(

It makes me feel like Coker is a scumbag, especially after the recent passing of Manny Yarborough & Kevin Randleman.
whoa that escalated quickly.. manny was a 600lbs man. fighting might not have been his biggest health problem.
big difference, a guy like Randy isn't a brain dead fighter who would be in danger if he decided to return.
to be honest Chris Leben coming back scare me more with his past with all the addiction problem...

It's like a trainwreck, you have to watch it. I don't have a favorite either, just curious to see how our geriatric MMA fight plays out.

i dont think that is fair AT ALL. I think they hired Coker to get ratings,and this is the one way for him to do it,with what they have,quickly.

Hoping that Ken isn't being paid to throw the fight.

Freakshow. They should've been allowed to fight with a walking cane

Hoping that Ken isn't being paid to throw the fight.

Ugh. there is that too....Id like to think its not true...cos he really wanted to beat royce bad back in the day and youd hope he feels that way still.

Freakshow. They should've been allowed to fight with a walking cane
This should be a special wheelchair match on the undercard.

whoa that escalated quickly.. manny was a 600lbs man. fighting might not have been his biggest health problem.
big difference, a guy like Randy isn't a brain dead fighter who would be in danger if he decided to return.
to be honest Chris Leben coming back scare me more with his past with all the addiction problem...
i dont think that is fair AT ALL. I think they hired Coker to get ratings,and this is the one way for him to do it,with what they have,quickly.
Of course he needs to get ratings that's fair enough but he tries to justify it as something other than a freakshow, Chris Leben is another example of signing a former UFC fighter just for the heck of it without caring for his health, all criticism aside, UFC takes care of their fighters. I hope one of them gets seriously hurt so they can stop pulling this shit, I would hate for every fighter over 45 to think they can continue fighting just because Shamrock & Gracie are doing it.

If Ken wins who's next?

Sakuraba?
Hershel Walker?
Kimo 3?

I didnt like watching Royce lay on people in his prime I definitely dont wanna watch him now. Hes why I got bored and stopped watching mma back in the 90s. If Marco Ruas had ever got ahold of him back then no one would ever be talking about Royce as some pioneer hence why they didnt invite Marco to the first UFCs.

Feel?

YUlvpl.gif

bottom line it depend who's fighting. Bernard Hopkins still look great at 50 yrs old. Sam Stout quit at 31 because he couldn't take a punch anymore...

Back