Gracie looked great tonight!

Royce looked pretty spry....I dug his entrance also. No one has ever looked cooler in a gi than Royce, brought back a lot of nostalgia for me.

The fight sucked, that had more to do with Shammy then Royce though.
Yeah for real. Why didn't he take that nut shot like a g? He should have conditioned his sack with cro cop prior to the fight.

Honestly when Tito Ortiz beat the shit out of Ken The first time all the way back in 2002, that was the time for Ken to retire.

Royce actually controlled the stand-up striking, which surprised me a little. His kicks, although nothing to jump up and down over power-wise , were keeping Ken totally at bay.

The knee looked borderline, but not crazy, under-the-cup, smash nuts up into stomach type of foul.

Gracie was game as they come tonight. It seemed he was throwing the kicks in a defensive collapsing stance in case Ken was attempting to catch the kick.
Ken 100% did what his corners instructed. His jab started on command he approached well and was playing patient. It appeared he was trying to attempt a collar tile based striking approach and was trying to time the distance in between the kick frequency. The pain from the knee strike in the groin seemed delayed in response but at his age its understanding.
I feel it was about to be a respectable contest..
I think Royce should take another fight honestly with Randy couture or Pat Miletich

I'd like to see Royce fight the winner of bisping silva

Work his way in to the top ten

Beating old Ken with a nutshot is not impressive.

However, Royce was actually moving well. He impressed me with his spryness.

And his knees apparently have some power.

He looked kinda legit, while Ken hasn't looked legit in ages.

I'd actually watch him fight another old dude again. Ken, not so much.

Honestly when Tito Ortiz beat the shit out of Ken The first time all the way back in 2002, that was the time for Ken to retire.
Ken has always been terrible off his back. That didn't prove much except to show a gaping hole in his game. A young ken would have been smashed. I think his bout with don frye should have been the end.

Royce grazed Shamrock's nuts. Ken went out like a bitch.

the nut shot led to the take down.

ken didn't like that, so he wanted to milk it to have the ref call foul and get the fight back standing, only problem is ref called tko.

if ken knew the ref would have called for the tko, he would have defended himself better once he got taken down

the nut shot led to the take down.

ken didn't like that, so he wanted to milk it to have the ref call foul and get the fight back standing, only problem is ref called tko.

if ken knew the ref would have called for the tko, he would have defended himself better once he got taken down

Defend yourself at all times. Don't get grazed in the nuts, fall to the canvas and wait for the ref to help you....

Defend yourself at all times. Don't get grazed in the nuts, fall to the canvas and wait for the ref to help you....

he should have taken the hughes approach. hughes got hit much much much harder and it led to a fkn deep rnc and he got out like a boss and finished the fight like 20 seconds later

Agreed with it should be a NC.

Ken didnt even react to the nut shot which leads one to believe he didnt get hit in the nuts. His nuts started hurting after he got kneed in the face? ok

Way to go, Royce. Way to freaking go.

You're still the man.

Booyah!

The desk is very pleased.
Gracie looked like shite. Shamrock got an illegal hit that would tear a groin and trust as have torn my groin four times. Two times from a knee to the same place. Shamrock fight should have never been stopped. I would have kicked Gracie's ass within 45 seconds and have a black belt in bjj and wrestled at Ohio State. Currently boxing in houston.

dude waited over 20 years to fight him again just to get kneed in the nuts and lose....

Back