blewgums

Vintage Buick Racing Bastard
@Brown
Reaction score
Way to go, Royce. Way to freaking go.

You're still the man.

Booyah!

The desk is very pleased.

I thought he looked terrible and Ken looked juiced. That said, if I'm in that shape at 50 I'll be happy.

he looked like a turtle

3s5Mnx.gif

No Shamrock just looked horrible just like the every time he has ever fought, he has only won to untrained fighters in the past but to hear him tell it it he has knock out and submitted King Kong

Like someone said, he looked good considering his age (49) but to be fair - Ken was 2-8 before fighting Royce tonight, with 8 of those losses all coming via TKO. He's only won two fights since 2005.

Royce looked pretty much the exact same as always, just threw kicks off the lead leg the entire time. He eventually caught Ken with that knee and that surprised me because Royce doesn't normally do anything like that, but this is 52 year old, 2016 Ken Shamrock we're talking about here.

As great as it is for Royce and his fans that he won the fight, it's not really impressive, even for Royce's age. Royce may be 49 and Ken isn't much older, but because of all the punishment Ken has taken, he's like a 65 year old compared to Royce.

Ken has taken so much damage throughout his career, I can't believe he's still fighting and I can't believe they're even letting him fight anymore. It's not surprising that Royce beat Shamrock tonight the way he did. Shamrock is so battle worn.

Call me a hater, but it's really not that impressive, no matter how old Royce is. Ken may only be a few years older, but because of all the punishment he's taken over so many years, he's aged far more than Royce has. Royce looked like he always has and Ken looked like the same guy who has been getting TKO'd over and over and over for more than a decade now.

To me, Royce is much younger than Ken even though they're actually only a few years apart. Ken has put his body through so much fucking abuse.

Good for Royce, though. He's a true pioneer of the sport and to see him come out of retirement after so many years and win is pretty cool. Nothing but respect to him and also Ken.

Let's just hope Shamrock finally retires or something before he gets seriously hurt.

I expect to get verbally assaulted by a couple people now for saying beating Ken Shamrock isn't impressive, even if you're a 49 year old Royce. It was basically a 49 year old Royce vs. a 60+ year old man in there tonight.

Last edited:
Someone's been watching Bas Rutten's self-defence video.

He kneed a 52 year old guy in the balls.

Amazing

I told you ingrates. The Gracies take care of their body's. Shammie, not so much. That nutshot was nothing ...

Royce looked pretty spry....I dug his entrance also. No one has ever looked cooler in a gi than Royce, brought back a lot of nostalgia for me.

The fight sucked, that had more to do with Shammy then Royce though.

26FPMYxanN8QpcKFG.gif

kongo-knees-crocop-2nd-time-o.gif

"You know, Cup Cheick Kongo respects the knees of Royce Gracie, Joe."

Ken is simply cursed when it comes to fighting this guy. I was convinced he could walk right through him with punches and avoid the take down but he could not land anything. Ken is so far past his prime and should have retired like 15 years ago.

Imo royce and ken staged that to get a rematch. Right guys. 2 paydays is better than 1.

Back