Gracie looked great tonight!

Ken has taken so much damage throughout his career, I can't believe he's still fighting and I can't believe they're even letting him fight anymore. It's not surprising that Royce beat Shamrock tonight the way he did. Shamrock is so battle worn.

Let's just hope Shamrock finally retires or something before he gets seriously hurt.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you said above. Ken was battle worn just from his Pancrase days alone, and I want him to hang it up now.

However, I did expect more output from Ken in this fight, and I was impressed with Royce's performance. I would like to see Royce rematch Dan Severn next.

Last edited:
tumblr_n43w84RxTw1sk7e7so1_400.jpg

Royce by Bobby Hill nut shot.

Ken didnt even react to the nut shot which leads one to believe he didnt get hit in the nuts. His nuts started hurting after he got kneed in the face? ok

Body and groin shots don't register as quickly, there's always a delayed reaction.

Ken seemed to be playing it up a little. He started reacting to the knee fairly late.
Not contesting there wasn't a cup check, but he should have started signalling that he had been hurt immediately if he was trying to get the ref's attention.
Ken seemed to give up after taking the knee to the face, and looked to be trying to use the testicle shot as an excuse for the knock down.

That said, refs call fouls. Unfortunately that wasn't called. Why not do number 4? Bellator has nothing else to do.

He was kneed in the face because he was reaching down in reaction to the nut shot. If you've ever been hit real hard the body or groin you'd understand that it takes a couple seconds for the pain to sink in.

Gracie looked like shite. Shamrock got an illegal hit that would tear a groin and trust as have torn my groin four times. Two times from a knee to the same place. Shamrock fight should have never been stopped. I would have kicked Gracie's ass within 45 seconds and have a black belt in bjj and wrestled at Ohio State. Currently boxing in houston.
You're a liar.
You wouldn't last a minute with a professional fighter. Are your pants on fire? I think they are.

He was kneed in the face because he was reaching down in reaction to the nut shot. If you've ever been hit real hard the body or groin you'd understand that it takes a couple seconds for the pain to sink in.
I've been hit both places, very hard.
"He did it on purpose" and the ensuing reaction seemed played up. He didn't mention the nut shot until the fight was stopped.
He gets hit, remains in the collar tie. Second knee comes up, he reacts to block low, gets hit high. He was reacting to the second knee, not the shot. He stops defending himself. Gracie hits him with ground and pound.
Ref stops the fight, Ken's reaction completely changes. Immediately goes into excuse mode.
Look at any other example of a low blow and you'll notice that they react to the shot, not the follow up. Ken reacted to the second knee.

Anyway, fouls are at the ref's discretion and unfortunately it wasn't called.

Body and groin shots don't register as quickly, there's always a delayed reaction.

I got a baseball to the groin a few days ago the reaction was immediate and the pain was 3-4 seconds after. Shamrock did not react at all and the shot looked to graze him not nail him dick on. Shamrock has been in the game for 3 decades now if that was truly a groin shot why didnt he move away and let the ref give him a reprieve?

I've been hit both places, very hard.
"He did it on purpose" and the ensuing reaction seemed played up. He didn't mention the nut shot until the fight was stopped.
He gets hit, remains in the collar tie. Second knee comes up, he reacts to block low, gets hit high. He was reacting to the second knee, not the shot. He stops defending himself. Gracie hits him with ground and pound.
Ref stops the fight, Ken's reaction completely changes. Immediately goes into excuse mode.
Look at any other example of a low blow and you'll notice that they react to the shot, not the follow up. Ken reacted to the second knee.

Anyway, fouls are at the ref's discretion and unfortunately it wasn't called.

exactly.

Gracie looked like shite. Shamrock got an illegal hit that would tear a groin and trust as have torn my groin four times. Two times from a knee to the same place. Shamrock fight should have never been stopped. I would have kicked Gracie's ass within 45 seconds and have a black belt in bjj and wrestled at Ohio State. Currently boxing in houston.
who?

I got a baseball to the groin a few days ago the reaction was immediate and the pain was 3-4 seconds after. Shamrock did not react at all and the shot looked to graze him not nail him dick on. Shamrock has been in the game for 3 decades now if that was truly a groin shot why didnt he move away and let the ref give him a reprieve?

If you see it from certain angles, Ken is grimacing and talking the whole way down. He was hurt and the Gracies don't mind fighting dirty.

I'd love to see Frank Shamrock get a crack at Royce, but I don't think he wants to fight any more.

Especially those kicks that wouldnt break an egg.

Back