Gracie looked great tonight!

No Shamrock just looked horrible just like the every time he has ever fought, he has only won to untrained fighters in the past but to hear him tell it it he has knock out and submitted King Kong
You shut your filthy whore mouth even if you're somewhat correct

Like someone said, he looked good considering his age (49) but to be fair - Ken was 2-8 before fighting Royce tonight, with 8 of those losses all coming via TKO. He's only won two fights since 2005.

Royce looked pretty much the exact same as always, just threw kicks off the lead leg the entire time. He eventually caught Ken with that knee and that surprised me because Royce doesn't normally do anything like that, but this is 52 year old, 2016 Ken Shamrock we're talking about here.

As great as it is for Royce and his fans that he won the fight, it's not really impressive, even for Royce's age. Royce may be 49 and Ken isn't much older, but because of all the punishment Ken has taken, he's like a 65 year old compared to Royce.

Ken has taken so much damage throughout his career, I can't believe he's still fighting and I can't believe they're even letting him fight anymore. It's not surprising that Royce beat Shamrock tonight the way he did. Shamrock is so battle worn.

Call me a hater, but it's really not that impressive, no matter how old Royce is. Ken may only be a few years older, but because of all the punishment he's taken over so many years, he's aged far more than Royce has. Royce looked like he always has and Ken looked like the same guy who has been getting TKO'd over and over and over for more than a decade now.

To me, Royce is much younger than Ken even though they're actually only a few years apart. Ken has put his body through so much fucking abuse.

Good for Royce, though. He's a true pioneer of the sport and to see him come out of retirement after so many years and win is pretty cool. Nothing but respect to him and also Ken.

Let's just hope Shamrock finally retires or something before he gets seriously hurt.

I expect to get verbally assaulted by a couple people now for saying beating Ken Shamrock isn't impressive, even if you're a 49 year old Royce. It was basically a 49 year old Royce vs. a 60+ year old man in there tonight.

Jesus that was way longer than it needed to be. Watch.

Royce didn't look that great considering he is 49, fighting a very battle worn, 52 year old, Ken Shamrock with a 2-8 record since 2005.

Ken has always been terrible off his back. That didn't prove much except to show a gaping hole in his game. A young ken would have been smashed. I think his bout with don frye should have been the end.

I think what I am saying is, that was in a lot of ways perceived to be the final big fight of his career. People still thought quite a bit of him as a fighter, and that was a huge fight at that time. Fighting Tito two more times was utterly pointless. But when you consider he actually went on to compete another 10 years, it is even more sad and pathetic.

Happy for him. Those last couple of fights were embarrassing, nonetheless.

Looked like a 49 year old man on the juice fighting a 52 year old man on juice. Was a shit show through and through. I've seen two quadriplegics have a betting showing than that. C'mon, son.

No Shamrock just looked horrible just like the every time he has ever fought, he has only won to untrained fighters in the past but to hear him tell it it he has knock out and submitted King Kong

Obvious troll is obvious.

Ken seemed to be playing it up a little. He started reacting to the knee fairly late.
Not contesting there wasn't a cup check, but he should have started signalling that he had been hurt immediately if he was trying to get the ref's attention.
Ken seemed to give up after taking the knee to the face, and looked to be trying to use the testicle shot as an excuse for the knock down.

That said, refs call fouls. Unfortunately that wasn't called. Why not do number 4? Bellator has nothing else to do.

Yes he looked pretty good, how about that perma nut grip ken had after the knee to the head?

looked great for being a cancer patient
image.png

i refuse to believe any fight ken shamrock is in nowadays is not a fix. idgaf if he was a legend i could not care less if he ever fights again, tonight was whack. he should retire, but hes going to fight fuckin' 57 year old dan severn next. that shitll be a work to. they just want some dough.

He fought the same way he did in UFC 1, but his kicks are better now.

He kneed a 52 year old man in the balls then after getting the win smiled about it...

actually, it was not that bad, Royce still has a lot to show in those kind of senior fights. ofc, it's not McGregor atheticism stuff, but the beauty in fights are not just athleticism alone.

Was the knee real or staged? We'll never know but I didn't really see any great Gracie grappling. Just a knee to the nuts, most school kids can do that.

Gracie looked like shite. Shamrock got an illegal hit that would tear a groin and trust as have torn my groin four times. Two times from a knee to the same place. Shamrock fight should have never been stopped. I would have kicked Gracie's ass within 45 seconds and have a black belt in bjj and wrestled at Ohio State. Currently boxing in houston.
You sound completely BADASS. Man, you're a lethal weapon. I'd never fuck with you.

That was a disgraceful dirty cheap-a$$ shot.

Should be a NC or a DQ for the Gracie cheater.

Back