Gracie Barra Yorba Linda

What is the Gracie bara gym Kyra shows up at time to time.

So I went to check out Gracie Barra and the Ralph Gracie academy. I didn't check out Tinguinha's because I forgot the address/directions. The other two are close enough that I already had a good idea of where they were.

Gracie Barra
I sat and watched the fundamentals class for a bit. I talked to a Rafael and we sat and he explained the class structures and scheduling. I kept trying to get a membership fee/estimate from him but he kept saying we could discuss it later and changed the subject. This happened 3 times. When I asked why he wouldn't just tell me about the rates(he was sitting on the opposite side of a table so I was fairly confident that I was out of submission range) he told me something about how he had to talk to the main academy and rates were different for everyone............???

Ralph Gracie
Noticeably bigger/modern center. I was greeted by Bruno and he discussed the class structure/schedule with me. When I asked about the membership fees he straight up told me that it was 155 a month. When I asked if they offered student discounts, he said it was 135-140 a month.

As of now, I'm leaning towards the Ralph Gracie academy because they answered my questions without trying to sidetrack me and they had a more modern/larger facility. Of course, that kind of stuff probably doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the instruction.

I will have to check out Tinguinha's next.

They mentioned your name Sean. They said you mentioned me. LOL. Is 135 the lowest rate I can get or can that be brought down? I'll most likely be joining with a friend and probably the most important factor in choosing the gym will be the membership rates. We're students so we're on a budget lol.

A lot of people know about Sean and his parents owning the gym. As for Gracie Barra, I do train there. The main reason they do not discuss price when you first arrive is because they are a little higher in price then most schools.

They want you to try it our first before they discuss price with you. I thought he same thing when I first went and did my intro class. Then after a while, I understood why they waited to the end of the intro to discuss the price.

After visiting Ralph Gracie School I was sure I wanted to train at Gracie Barra. The day I visited Ralph Gracie an ambulance was there. A guy who was new to the school was chocked out and needed the paramedics. I thought that maybe the guy just didn't have time to tap out. I discovered that it was only the third time he was there.

At Gracie Barra they made me and other guys wait three months before we were allowed to roll with other people. It

A lot of people know about Sean and his parents owning the gym. As for Gracie Barra, I do train there. The main reason they do not discuss price when you first arrive is because they are a little higher in price then most schools.

They want you to try it our first before they discuss price with you. I thought he same thing when I first went and did my intro class. Then after a while, I understood why they waited to the end of the intro to discuss the price.

After visiting Ralph Gracie School I was sure I wanted to train at Gracie Barra. The day I visited Ralph Gracie an ambulance was there. A guy who was new to the school was chocked out and needed the paramedics. I thought that maybe the guy just didn't have time to tap out. I discovered that it was only the third time he was there.

At Gracie Barra they made me and other guys wait three months before we were allowed to roll with other people. It

I guess I've shamed you into hiding. Pretentious asshole. Serves you right.

jesus, if i had to wait three months to live roll i think i would of found a different school...

Dude,
Shut the fuck up already. You've been bitching about pricing, class times and a whole lotta of other retarded-ly unnecessary shit for the longest time and of course, it don't mind me one bit since you're obviously green but there's a huge difference between searching for good info. and needing a fucking patting on the ass every time you find the number to a new gym.

That's Funny. There was simply no reason to respond to your stupid ass, until now. I am not hiding from you at all. I just made my point about how I felt about you.

You started this on the 15th of last month, and yet you are still complaining about prices, class schedule, and other meaning less bullshit.

Join a fucking school already, I like many other people on this thread are way ahead of you. I bet most of the people here found a school they were interested in and just paid and started training.

You on the other hand make it a fucking all out discussion! I personally don't like you at all. Your the kinda of bitch student who starts and then quits because your feelings got hurt because maybe the professor or a student didn't say hello to you enough times in one day.

Or maybe you got arm dragged to many times in one week and instead of blaming yourself for making your arm to available, you blame the school because they are not teaching you correctly.

Either way, I am glad you are not going to be with Gracie Barra. We do not need students like you at our academy.

3 months is a pretty long time for me. our school just makes you wait 3 classes

Sean,

I was there when it happened. I have no reason to lie here about my experience. As a matter of fact I telling him to join your school and not mine. I am trying to help you.

Second, I know the the training style is different at Gracie Barra as compared to your school and that is fine with me.

I know that your good and so is your professor. You must have told me like four times that he won the worlds no-gi 2007. And I saw the big ass poster on the front of the building as well.

Lastly, who gives a shit about this one guy? I don't! We lose students to your school and you lose students to our school. Take him please, he sounds like he is more trouble then he is worth.

Wow. haha... So much drama. We all love jiu-jitsu. Can't we all just get along?

We're blessed to be living in Southern California. We have more quality BJJ schools here than anywhere else in the country. The way I see it, you can't go wrong with Gracie Barra, Ralph Gracie, Tinguinha's or any of the other dozen or so schools in Orange County. Everyone's looking for something different and not every school's going to fit every individual.

Back