1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Gracie Barra Yorba Linda

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Byron Pechorin, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Sean-Roberts Blue Belt

Were safe so far.

2. silverline122 Brown Belt

OCJJ- another option 150 unlimited classes

3. endurance Simply the Best

What is the Gracie bara gym Kyra shows up at time to time.

4. SFinclined Purple Belt

The one I want to train at!

5. GBYorba_Fighter Banned Banned

A lot of people know about Sean and his parents owning the gym. As for Gracie Barra, I do train there. The main reason they do not discuss price when you first arrive is because they are a little higher in price then most schools.

They want you to try it our first before they discuss price with you. I thought he same thing when I first went and did my intro class. Then after a while, I understood why they waited to the end of the intro to discuss the price.

After visiting Ralph Gracie School I was sure I wanted to train at Gracie Barra. The day I visited Ralph Gracie an ambulance was there. A guy who was new to the school was chocked out and needed the paramedics. I thought that maybe the guy just didn't have time to tap out. I discovered that it was only the third time he was there.

At Gracie Barra they made me and other guys wait three months before we were allowed to roll with other people. It

6. hustles Green Belt

She shows up at Gracie Barra America in Lake Forest.... i haven't seen here in a while though

7. Byron Pechorin Top Level Human

8. Byron Pechorin Top Level Human

I guess I've shamed you into hiding. Pretentious asshole. Serves you right.

9. UrbanSavage** Pepe Silvia

So, I'm interested now. Have you started training anywhere yet?

10. Sean-Roberts Blue Belt

Sorry DOUBLE POST

11. Sean-Roberts Blue Belt

12. jesus, if i had to wait three months to live roll i think i would of found a different school...

13. Chonbody Guest

Dude,
    Shut the fuck up already. You've been bitching about pricing, class times and a whole lotta of other retarded-ly unnecessary shit for the longest time and of course, it don't mind me one bit since you're obviously green but there's a huge difference between searching for good info. and needing a fucking patting on the ass every time you find the number to a new gym.

14. Sean-Roberts Blue Belt

3 months is a pretty long time for me. our school just makes you wait 3 classes

15. GBYorba_Fighter Banned Banned

That's Funny. There was simply no reason to respond to your stupid ass, until now. I am not hiding from you at all. I just made my point about how I felt about you.

You started this on the 15th of last month, and yet you are still complaining about prices, class schedule, and other meaning less bullshit.

Join a fucking school already, I like many other people on this thread are way ahead of you. I bet most of the people here found a school they were interested in and just paid and started training.

You on the other hand make it a fucking all out discussion! I personally don't like you at all. Your the kinda of bitch student who starts and then quits because your feelings got hurt because maybe the professor or a student didn't say hello to you enough times in one day.

Or maybe you got arm dragged to many times in one week and instead of blaming yourself for making your arm to available, you blame the school because they are not teaching you correctly.

Either way, I am glad you are not going to be with Gracie Barra. We do not need students like you at our academy.

16. GBYorba_Fighter Banned Banned

Sean,

I was there when it happened. I have no reason to lie here about my experience. As a matter of fact I telling him to join your school and not mine. I am trying to help you.

Second, I know the the training style is different at Gracie Barra as compared to your school and that is fine with me.

I know that your good and so is your professor. You must have told me like four times that he won the worlds no-gi 2007. And I saw the big ass poster on the front of the building as well.

Lastly, who gives a shit about this one guy? I don't! We lose students to your school and you lose students to our school. Take him please, he sounds like he is more trouble then he is worth.

17. Sherdog_Mutt Purple Belt

Wow. haha... So much drama. We all love jiu-jitsu. Can't we all just get along?

We're blessed to be living in Southern California. We have more quality BJJ schools here than anywhere else in the country. The way I see it, you can't go wrong with Gracie Barra, Ralph Gracie, Tinguinha's or any of the other dozen or so schools in Orange County. Everyone's looking for something different and not every school's going to fit every individual.

18. J Storm** Banned Banned

E-fight!

19. GBYorba_Fighter Banned Banned

Now that was funny :D

20. Byron Pechorin Top Level Human

My friend and I are signing up as soon as our semester's are over.:D