Gracie Barra Yorba Linda

So I went to check out Gracie Barra and the Ralph Gracie academy. I didn't check out Tinguinha's because I forgot the address/directions. The other two are close enough that I already had a good idea of where they were.

Gracie Barra
I sat and watched the fundamentals class for a bit. I talked to a Rafael and we sat and he explained the class structures and scheduling. I kept trying to get a membership fee/estimate from him but he kept saying we could discuss it later and changed the subject. This happened 3 times. When I asked why he wouldn't just tell me about the rates(he was sitting on the opposite side of a table so I was fairly confident that I was out of submission range) he told me something about how he had to talk to the main academy and rates were different for everyone............???

Ralph Gracie
Noticeably bigger/modern center. I was greeted by Bruno and he discussed the class structure/schedule with me. When I asked about the membership fees he straight up told me that it was 155 a month. When I asked if they offered student discounts, he said it was 135-140 a month.

As of now, I'm leaning towards the Ralph Gracie academy because they answered my questions without trying to sidetrack me and they had a more modern/larger facility. Of course, that kind of stuff probably doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the instruction.

I will have to check out Tinguinha's next.

They mentioned your name Sean. They said you mentioned me. LOL. Is 135 the lowest rate I can get or can that be brought down? I'll most likely be joining with a friend and probably the most important factor in choosing the gym will be the membership rates. We're students so we're on a budget lol.

Also, Bruno at Ralph Gracie's told me that they were giving new members free gi's and a subscription to Gracie magazine.

Hey man, goto www.leovieirabjj.com for some great instruction and wont break your pocket book.. its a new school so come quick cause they will raise the rates to standard OC prices after the first few months. Right down the street!!!

Also, Bruno at Ralph Gracie's told me that they were giving new members free gi's and a subscription to Gracie magazine.

Bruno also trains at Gracie Barra America so I'm sure if you are he's student you could train sometimes at GBA also.

Hey man, goto www.leovieirabjj.com for some great instruction and wont break your pocket book.. its a new school so come quick cause they will raise the rates to standard OC prices after the first few months. Right down the street!!!

Lol Costa Mesa is not right down the street. More like....40 minutes down the freeway.

So I went to check out Gracie Barra and the Ralph Gracie academy. I didn't check out Tinguinha's because I forgot the address/directions. The other two are close enough that I already had a good idea of where they were.

Gracie Barra
I sat and watched the fundamentals class for a bit. I talked to a Rafael and we sat and he explained the class structures and scheduling. I kept trying to get a membership fee/estimate from him but he kept saying we could discuss it later and changed the subject. This happened 3 times. When I asked why he wouldn't just tell me about the rates(he was sitting on the opposite side of a table so I was fairly confident that I was out of submission range) he told me something about how he had to talk to the main academy and rates were different for everyone............???

Ralph Gracie
Noticeably bigger/modern center. I was greeted by Bruno and he discussed the class structure/schedule with me. When I asked about the membership fees he straight up told me that it was 155 a month. When I asked if they offered student discounts, he said it was 135-140 a month.

As of now, I'm leaning towards the Ralph Gracie academy because they answered my questions without trying to sidetrack me and they had a more modern/larger facility. Of course, that kind of stuff probably doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the instruction.

I will have to check out Tinguinha's next.

They mentioned your name Sean. They said you mentioned me. LOL. Is 135 the lowest rate I can get or can that be brought down? I'll most likely be joining with a friend and probably the most important factor in choosing the gym will be the membership rates. We're students so we're on a budget lol.

We can talk call 1(877) 55 GRACIE or call (714) 632-7880 eather way you will get the same person answer the phone.

To the TS...you keep focusing on rates while I understand the importance of finances, there's not a huge difference in your geographical area. Take a look at the pricing mentioned in the thread; most places are going to be within ~$20 bucks of each other for a few days/week training. That's out of ~$150/month! Train where you want and if it's the most expensive place, skip having a venti mocha frappachino x1/week and you are even on the cash issue.

If you are significantly cash strapped (as many were/are in school) check out the 'clubs' at CSUF. They are usually dirt cheap especially if you are a student and campus is about 4 miles from YL. Last I saw, there was a BJJ club and the instructor was associated with one of the local BJJ schools. There use to be clubs for judo, aikido, kung-fu (with full contact sparring), and shotokan as well. When I say 'cheap', it use to be throwing $3/session in the hat when you walked through the door or $50-$75 semester. Warning: that was over a 15 years ago.

Leo Vieira's School is Brea/La Habra - off Harbor/Lambert (area) not costa mesa.
good guys, really good teachers.:D

Back