Gov. Newsom breaks his own Covid restrictions by attending Lobbyist's B-Day party

I thought you were allowed to not wear one when you were at a restaurant eating or whatever

I thought you were allowed to not wear one when you were at a restaurant eating or whatever

You don't have to defend Gavin Newsome just because he's a Democrat. Don't lower your standards and live by party lines. He deserves criticism. Don't brush it off because he votes the same way as you. Have some respect for yourself.

The photos look like they have him standing there talking to a group of people is the issue I think.

I also contend, if you require me to wear a mask while walking to the table, while walking to the bathroom and shit.... what good is it if I take it off at the table? Is there a forcefield keeping it from infecting me at the table?

I get that without that you can't sit and eat at a restaurant and given I have a ton of friends in the service industry as bartenders, bouncers, and chefs I can feel their pain... but maybe no more indoor dining and only outdoor/takeout.

No different than the elite bemoaning the consequences of climate change while simultaneously participating in some of the most voracious consumption in society.

I can agree with certain causes and at the same time loath the corrupt power elite and their hypocrisy.

The photos look like they have him standing there talking to a group of people is the issue I think.

I also contend, if you require me to wear a mask while walking to the table, while walking to the bathroom and shit.... what good is it if I take it off at the table? Is there a forcefield keeping it from infecting me at the table?

I get that without that you can't sit and eat at a restaurant and given I have a ton of friends in the service industry as bartenders, bouncers, and chefs I can feel their pain... but maybe no more indoor dining and only outdoor/takeout.
Yes I believe its outdoor only now. I was at a restaurant yesterday and it was out door only. Once any of the customers got to their table no one wore a mask.

Yes I believe its outdoor only now. I was at a restaurant yesterday and it was out door only. Once any of the customers got to their table no one wore a mask.
This is largely a personal choice but I haven't sat down at a restaurant to eat since like December last year cause of this shit.

I'll do takeout but fuck risking this just to sit and have a meal someplace. I feel bad for my friends back in WA as they're having to shut down again to indoor eating and outdoor eating this time of year in WA is a no-go.

You don't have to defend Gavin Newsome just because he's a Democrat. Don't lower your standards and live by party lines. He deserves criticism. Don't brush it off because he votes the same way as you. Have some respect for yourself.
Not really defending him just thought you were allowed to not wear a mask while outside dining at a restaurant. Every restaurant I've been to allowed the customers to not wear one while they were eating.

This is largely a personal choice but I haven't sat down at a restaurant to eat since like December last year cause of this shit.

I'll do takeout but fuck risking this just to sit and have a meal someplace. I feel bad for my friends back in WA as they're having to shut down again to indoor eating and outdoor eating this time of year in WA is a no-go.
Yeah I always do take out and never eat at restaurants now. I only ate at one yesterday because we had a funeral and we all went to eat after.

That's a pretty big screwup.

“I want to apologize to you because I need to preach and practice, not just preach and not practice, and I’ve done my best to do that,” Newsom said. “We’re all human. We all fall short sometimes.”

Newsom acknowledged that the faux pas may result in a loss of his moral authority on the coronavirus as California experiences a major surge in cases. - LA Times
At least his response wasn't a tone deaf deflection, but the issue isn't that he didn't follow the rules. As others have stated it speaks to a mindset that the rules are for the plebs. This is a scenario where the best appology is changed behavior, but I'd be aprehensive to vote for this guy.

Yeah I always do take out and never eat at restaurants now. I only ate at one yesterday because we had a funeral and we all went to eat after.
It sucks, as there's a great fresh seafood market with an attached restaurant where I live and I want to take my folks there but... can't.

That's a pretty big screwup.

“I want to apologize to you because I need to preach and practice, not just preach and not practice, and I’ve done my best to do that,” Newsom said. “We’re all human. We all fall short sometimes.”

Newsom acknowledged that the faux pas may result in a loss of his moral authority on the coronavirus as California experiences a major surge in cases. - LA Times
At least his response wasn't a tone deaf deflection, but the issue isn't that he didn't follow the rules. As others have stated it speaks to a mindset that the rules are for the plebs. This is a scenario where the best appology is changed behavior, but I'd be aprehensive to vote for this guy.
I can't find an article but Inslee in WA had something like this come up recently. Shutting down in building eating at restaurants and shit but one of his staff went on a vacation to Hawaii after Inslee asked people to stop traveling so much.

Back