Got robbed >_< Need gun?

Don't use a gun to assault intruders

Use your penis

How do you get ironclad proof that someone was in danger if you shoot first?

You don't need proof. You just need the magic words "I was in fear for my life".

That depends how good yours and the other person's lawyers are. If they prove he was unarmed or anything like that, you could be screwed. I don't agree with it, but that's how it is.

You're getting a gun for all the wrong reasons at this point, and setting yourself up for litigation. Carry permits are mainly for people who want to protect their lives, not their possessions.

Knowingly putting yourself into a situation, such as running around your house that was obviously burgled looking for crooks with a gun is a recipe for disaster. And should you have to shoot, you better have ironclad proof your life or your loved one's was in imminent danger of ending.

So unless you are serious and absolutely sure you want that responsibility, then by all means go forward. If not. Chalk it up as a loss, and invest in better home security.

This! Anyone that grabs a steak knife being ready to "carve some people up like jerky" needs to have their head examined. Why not exit the home to a safe place and call the police?

I live in a pretty good area. The criminals are not from the same area. I never owned a gun before and dont plan on becoming a crimefighting vigilante like The Punisher. Whats wrong with protecting what I own? Is The Judge a good gun? Looks like a mini shotgun or something.

Already plan on getting a system installed or at least those alarm things for the doors and maybe a few fake cameras. I have dogs but they are tiny. Not yet ready for the maneating pitbulls.

An eye opener to see how useless a deadbolt is. They ripped open the glass door in the back inside of shattering it. XD

You sound like somebody who has little if any experience with firearms and you are asking about the Judge? Why not go to a range and try out several firearms. See what you are comfortable with and learn to shoot that.

I have a Beware of Dog sign (for my 90lb lab and his uber dangerous wagging tail) and also old home security system stickers from the previous owner (and no loner in the house). My neighbours have been broken into, but i never have.

A dog is a good choice, but funny story a friend of mine bought a full breed doberman pincher for home security. The meanest thing it ever did was hump his pomeranian. I dont know much about training dogs but i do know you dont just get a dog and it protects your house. Theres more to it than that, and in the time it takes you to train your dog to protect your family and house you could have tought your wife and child ( if old enough) to use a gun saftely.

Personally i live with a buddy of mine and his girlfriend were all in our 20's. I borrow my friends .380 most of the time just to have something more lethal than a broomstick around. But everyonce in a while he will leave his ak47. I live in a community thats been going downhill over the last ten years and many of our neighbors have been robbed recently. So we put out ADT signs and visual servailence stickers on our windows. Its hard to say honestly what i would do if someone broke in while i was home with the ak47, but i see it going down like this. My guns bigger than yours bro. You can leave now, or you can die. Choice is yours!

Do you feel lucky punk? do ya?

What do you need a gun for? They were robbing you not threatening you. Just get an alarm system.

Post this in the weapons forum. Some of the "advice" in this thread is terrible.

east-india-ha-52632a.jpg

I dont know much about training dogs but i do know you dont just get a dog and it protects your house.

A reasonable sized dog that barks loudly at strangers does a pretty damn good job of preventing your average burglar, and a well secured home also does wonders.

If you decide to purchase a firearm, put in adequate classwork and training, so that you know what you're doing.

Lots of terrible advice in here. You people suggesting TS get a dog are ridiculous. Are you guys that afraid of firearms that its a better idea for TS to make an 8-15 yet commitment to raising and caring for an animal that he had no previous intention of getting? At least you can sell the gun later and make most of your money back if you decide it's not for you.
Someone said go to a range and rent some guns and find out what you are comfortable with. That is the correct advice. If you want some expert information, google Massad Ayoob.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to own a firearm to protect yourself in your own home, especially considering its already been broken into.

you need to learn how to use the damn thing. owning a gun is one thing, knowing how to use it in a tactical stressful environment is another thing.

You don't need any guns man. Here is a list of everything you need:
  • an iron
  • glass christmas ornaments
  • a blowtorch
  • glue and feathers
  • micro machines
  • paint cans and rope
  • a pet tarantula

Once you get a black belt in Sherdog people won't fuck with your shit any more. Trying to take shortcuts by buying a gun won't help, that'll intimidate exactly nobody.

You don't need any guns man. Here is a list of everything you need:
  • an iron
  • glass christmas ornaments
  • a blowtorch
  • glue and feathers
  • micro machines
  • paint cans and rope
  • a pet tarantula

i like the way you think. poor marv.

231091_o.gif

A dog is a good choice, but funny story a friend of mine bought a full breed doberman pincher for home security. The meanest thing it ever did was hump his pomeranian. I dont know much about training dogs but i do know you dont just get a dog and it protects your house. Theres more to it than that, and in the time it takes you to train your dog to protect your family and house you could have tought your wife and child ( if old enough) to use a gun saftely.
?

Actually, it's instinct for a dog to protect what it feels it's home to be. I mean, it won't protect it immediately when it's a puppy, but it will once it's bigger. I've had several dogs throughout my life. All of them have at least barked at strangers. I've even had a few that we had to make sure we kept them up, because they could have hurt someone. If anyone trespassed while we had that dog, they would have been mauled. Currently, my dog is a cowardly piece of shit, but she still barks up a storm at any stranger that comes near her. You would think she is threatening to attack, but she is actually scared of you. Just the barking alone will be a good enough deterrent. Also, the burglars probably wouldn't know she's a coward. They wouldn't be able to tell whether she'd actually attack or not.

Pretty much any dog will be loud and make a scene which will make people less likely to want to break into your home.

Back